1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 1 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 8 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Finished the raids today. Boy that ending escalated.

Also does Island Sanctuary get interesting later on? Tinkered with it a bit while I was on break and it was kind of dull.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You can fly later on but otherwise no. Aside from gardening, pets, and constructing buildings, that's it for now. It's exactly as advertised, simple busywork content with no major point or endgame.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I think I would have preferred using DoL/DoH jobs for the gathering/crafting at least, could have different sections of the isle for different levels or something.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Also - more Gridanian Goldsmith lore!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gathering requirements are nuts this patch. Crafting still pretty easy though

BG Level

I need to get back into crafting. Just biding my time trying to get !!! catches. Last one I needed before this patch is Ruby Dragon and fuck that thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is the first patch I've needed food for gathering and food to meet the craftsmanship reqs.

This sucks

Also joined a sargatanas trains since I got away from the hunt shit and lmao. Dude decided to run a bullet train on patch day and then the entire group that runs it decided to sit in the zone shitting on ppl bitching about it.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

People really having trouble with trials after the absolute freebie of Ultima? Sephirot has like, 2 mechanics per phase yet people still can't seem to clear yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I did do unreal so unsure of any changes they made, but Sephirot was like a nightmare to do with people even years after the original trial and unsynced. People just can't do that fight.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's quite simple right? If I remember correctly:

Phase 1 = stack in groups of 4 separately for the stack marker
    Phase 2 = depending on colour, be on the correct side. greens intercept the lines, orange intercept the pillars, rest of the fight is as normal
    EDIT: and stay stacked for most of it as a glow will appear and a floor eruption will happen to everyone, so spread when the floor lights up

BG Level

Aren't unreal fights the same as regular but with a more strict ilvl requirement?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Aren't unreal fights the same as regular but with a more strict ilvl requirement?
    They are, my brain is just telling me they mentioned doing some changes/balancing to the trials?

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Think I heard something about the earthshakers not being distanced based in unreal, but it looked the same to me.

Welp, definitely dreading when Sophia comes up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I don't remember ES being based on distance in og, pretty sure it was just "don't hit other people"

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    They are, my brain is just telling me they mentioned doing some changes/balancing to the trials?
    Ah nice. Maybe I'll give it a go some time. All I remember about that fight is there aren't any AoE indicators so you need to pay attention to his tells

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sephirot back in the day also has the mechanic where if you fell off the platform you were dead forever, they’ve changed that though for unreal

BG Level

I think they did that in 6.1 for all fights like Titan/etc.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Generally. Shiva Unreal was the only one thus far that felt really off with the time to kill, but my memory may be fuzzy since she came out late and we already had a gear advantage on her fight upon release. Sometimes they bring the incoming damage a little higher than their original inception, since we have a billion group mitigation/offgcd heals these days at 90-cap. Ultima felt undertuned in comparison. The rest that I recall (Titan/Leviathan..was there another?) felt about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Think I heard something about the earthshakers not being distanced based in unreal, but it looked the same to me..
    They're still distanced based, but what annoys me is they added the distance-tether indicators for them. The ones that change visual when you stretch it beyond their lethal-damage point. The original was simply the animated yellow arrowy thing over your head. Keep Unreal situated in the OG indicators please. This isn't meant to be super casual content with uniform markers for your convenience.

I think they did that in 6.1 for all fights like Titan/etc.
    Titan is still perma-off to this day, but others were adjusted awhile back yeah. Shame Unreal didn't adhere to the original ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    It's quite simple right? If I remember correctly:
    You underestimate just how poorly PF is at stacking up for an AoE bait, especially one that doesn't show an orange circle before it goes off, and Sefirot has a lot of baited AoEs. PF was also REALLY bad at the green/purple spreadout in phase one, even though it's a simple setup.

Only upside to this version of the fight is it seems the tether-pickup mechanic for green-debuff players is less fucky than it was in the original where it didn't want to pick up despite running through it three times (which in turn carried over to making A3S frustrating as fuck during its add phase tethers for tanks).

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you’ve done all the Shadowbringers role quests, there is new dialogue with certain NPCs in the crystarium after you finish 6.2 MSQ

Spoiler: show
    You can tell Cyella and Unukalhai that you visited the 13th. Cyella tells you she used to be a memoriate as well but lost her powers when the ascians plucked her from the thirteenth. She says she would like to meet Zero since there are so few of them left. Meanwhile, Unukalhai says he plans to meet with Ryne and Gaia to discuss how they used Eden to restore the Empty, because he wants to do the same for the thirteenth. I got a feeling that…that’s going to be quite a significant side quest down the line.

I'm pretty sure Titan is no longer perma death as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast