1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Path 6.2 Buried Memory (Late August)

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status...6gnlXYObj8r9yw

Probably gonna be August 22nd if you go by maintenance days.

Relic questline starts in 6.25 and will be tied to the Hildebrand questline which imo is really dumb.

The second tier of Pandemonium will have it's savage version delayed by one week. This is different than how the 2nd and 3rd tiers are normally released but it's a test run to see if players like this release schedule instead. Spoiler: some WF racers don't like it lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Island Sanctuary is a bit buggy still so all they can show is screenshots.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hildebrand relics? April was months ago SE

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Hildebrand relics? April was months ago SE
    I really thought they were just joking at first, lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So no new Eureka/Bozja then or did I miss it

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Nope, at least not during the 6.2 series of patches. The MSQ sorta does hint at a possible foray area so maybe the foray haters didn't convince the devs not to add one for this expansion.

So for 6.2 we're getting:
    • Variant Dungeon - Casual 1-4 man dungeon with branching paths that has to be run multiple times to see all the paths/story.
    • Another Path - Criterion Dungeon - Difficult 4 man dungeon with limited raising (like Delebrum Reginae (Savage) and Baldesion Arsenal) and enemies that get stronger if you take too long. Will have Savage version as well.
    • Pandemonium 2nd tier Normal with Savage one week later
    • PvE and PvP job balance adjustments (big changes to DRG and AST delayed till later)
    • Unreal Trial will change to Sephirot.
    • Your own island to grow crops, build a base, and capture animals. Can sell some of the items for island specific currency to other players.
    • Omicron Tribe quests which will be gathering related (in 6.25)
    • Glamour Dresser expanded to 800 slots.
    • More Tataru quests
    • Ability to request repairs from other players in and out of instances. We back to 1.0 functionality boys!
    • Adventurer Plates getting revamped and officially out of beta phase. You'll need to redo all your portraits.
    • Usual MSQ quests + new weekly tomes + new Trial fight & Extreme version + new MSQ dungeon (based on Troia aka FFIV homage)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I obviously missed a bunch of shit so here's the reddit thread with more of the changes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...m_source=share

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I mean, I'm actually fine with the Relics being behind Hildibrand quests, doesn't feel any different from Eureka being locked behind Ivalice to me.

Conceptually, it doesn't really bug me, either. It's just another way of them trying to temporarily make old(er) content relevant.

That said, I don't think it's a reach to call the Hildebrand line polarizing even if people who don't like it could just skip through cutscenes and such. Personally, I'm not a fan of the style of humor it tends to employ since there's a lot of suspension of disbelief going on even for the rules otherwise established of the world. If the weapons themselves are hideously gaudy and immersion breaking, that'd be even more reason to avoid them. On the other hand, if they turn out the best looking to date, you're just gonna stoke the resentment of those who feel forced through the content. Stats could play a role in this way, too. There's not really any way to win in this scenario, which makes it all the more puzzling why they decided to make the content link short of statistics showing a lot of the population just isn't doing the quest line.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think it's kind of beautiful that for years people were wanting and kept asking for more Hildebrand, so the devs decided to force the fanbase to do it if they want new relic weapons lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Square enix should just give me a relic for this cosplay back in 2014.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

hildebrand being polarizing is fuckin weird. Like if you're not into it skip the cutscenes like everything else

people acting like relic weapon chains have ever been interesting

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    ... If the weapons themselves are hideously gaudy and immersion breaking, that'd be even more reason to avoid them. On the other hand, if they turn out the best looking to date, you're just gonna stoke the resentment of those who feel forced through the content. Stats could play a role in this way, too...
    Whether they look like shit doesn't really matter. That's what glamour is for. The weapons are going to the best for those that don't do Savage content and will eventually be BiS as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Whether they look like shit doesn't really matter. That's what glamour is for. The weapons are going to the best for those that don't do Savage content and will eventually be BiS as well.
    The 'relics' are usually pretty decent glamour weapons though for the expansion

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you don't do savage then why do you care about stats to begin with? Relics have always been about glamor chase. Equipment stats in xiv are almost completely irrelevant since day 1 crafted gear can be used to clear any piece of content in the game besides Ultimate. Beyond that you only need BiS gear if you're speed running or log chasing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

ngl, I've hated the way the last stage of the relic weapons for Stormblood and Shadowbringers looked. Didn't stop me from mindlessly grinding for em though.

And honestly, I would rather SE release relics earlier and make them compete with Savage weapons. Could even just make it so having a savage weapon lessens your grind.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

imo relics should be 10 item levels behind current savage weapons/equal to current upgraded tomestone weapon, until the .5 patch cycle when the fully upgraded relic will be tied with final savage weapon for BiS until next expansion drops.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Fuck that, this game needs more options. Make it match the highest ilvl but also add an extra step where you can customize the relic to be the strongest in a specific content with the caveat that you need to complete said content to make it stronger. Similar to how you can make the Stormblood relics stronger in Eureka but to do so you have to actually complete Baldesion Arsenal. Hell, go a step further and add unique skills to them (boosted Jump Damage, Increased duration of X, etc.) but with the downside that once the ilvl increases those skills don't work so people will need to get a better weapon once a new patch/expansion releases.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I think it's kind of beautiful that for years people were wanting and kept asking for more Hildebrand, so the devs decided to force the fanbase to do it if they want new relic weapons lol
    I sometimes wonder if they're doing this to try and conclude the Hildibrand quests this expansion.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Hopefully, I'd rather they be creative and introduce new storylines rather than build upon one again and again and again. Shit could have been done with ARR but fan screeching demanding more lead down a path of some of the worst storylines I ever forced myself through. HW Hildi is pretty hot shit and Stb some how managed to be even worse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast