1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Really wish relic weapons started earlier, at least during the x.1 timeframe. Guessing 6.25 will be around early October.
    Hopefully they're a little more involved than the first step for 5.0's relic.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They need to delete the PvP The Borderland Ruins (Secure) map/idea. So so so much running around and game always nearly last the 20 minutes. The other 3 are much more fun in comparison.

Did anyone recall any word about changes to this one?

Also new interview:

There's new interviews on Japanese gaming sites this morning about 6.2. Here's the main points (mainly from the Famitsu interview):

- The story of 6.x will end with a certain event, this will completely change the story and 7.0 will be based on this.

- 6.x will change somewhat from the usual pattern of .1-.3 wrapping up the old storyline and .4-.5 setting up the next expansion. He says we can expect to start seeing signs of the direction of 7.0 in 6.5.

- The word "memory" in the patch title is linked both to the main story and the Pandaemonium raids. For example, the memories and feelings of the inhabitants of the 13th who have now become monsters, and whether the WOL and party will reawaken those memories by stepping into their world. With Pandaemonium he mentions "memories you want to seal and forget".

- The "weakest" of the FF4 fiends will appear first.

- Regarding the new trial, he confirms it is a part of the MSQ this time, helped by the fact Savage is releasing 1 week later this time. He says it will not be revealed until the day of the patch who the trial will be against, and whether it will be part of a series. He says the trial is a bit more difficult than usual, even on Normal.

- The 2nd part of Pandaemonium will dive further into the Ancients' ways of thinking. One question to watch out for is "what are we trying to seal in the depths of Pandaemonium?"

- The second Savage tier will be harder than the first. The designers are aware that people are familiar with their level 90 rotations by now, and have made adjustments based on this. At the time of interview Yoshida has only playtested Normal difficulty, but like the new trial he believes it is relatively challenging.

- Based on feedback from the first tier that some fights [ie Phonix] were hard to see, they've paid more attention to the visuals and visibility this time. He also implies the new tier will be flashier, since some felt the last one was a bit plain compared to Eden.

- For Sephirot Unreal, the middle phase will be a weak point for many groups. If you don't pay attention to the order of buffs, heals, and then damaging the enemy, the tank can melt at an incredible rate.

- Regarding the planned changes to Dragoon and Astrologian, the changes shouldn't be simply compared to Summoner. Instead he mentions Ninja, the changes to that job during 5.x were considered a major overhaul by the devs though the play feel was still similiar. Regarding Dragoon, the discussions have been about reducing the number of actions that need to be used by merging actions, though he says he would like to avoid changing what Dragoon has to do as much as possible. For Astrologian, the changes are related to the cards. It is difficult to decide on adjustments to the cards since there are voices for and against the RNG element to them.

- The changes to Direct Hit and Critical Hits will be explained at length in the 6.2 part 2 Live Letter.

- On the new Variant dungeons: Most dungeons in FF14 are designed to be linear, since in a multiplayer game veteran players will eventually decide on a most optimal route through a non-linear dungeon, which could also cause friction with new players. There will be ways of changing things on the routes through the Variant dungeons, such as pressing a switch to change the next boss' mechanics, but it might not always be a good idea to press the switch. By playing multiple times you collect information on the lore of the dungeon, and this can include hints to hidden routes. There are 2 bosses per route.

- There will be unique "Variant actions" in the dungeons, such as recovering HP or increasing defenses. This can help to make up for a missing role, since the normal difficulty version can have any party composition.

- For the higher difficulty Criterion dungeons, via PF you can enter with any composition, but duty finder will match you with 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 1 Melee, 1 Phys or Magical ranged. The difficulty level is too high for the Savage version so there won't be matching for that.

- Island Sanctuary doesn't have a storyline attached to it, other than some simple quests leading the player to the island.

- The weather will change on the island, but it will not snow, since it is located in an area of the world where it doesn't snow.

- Mostly Island Sanctuary will not connect to the rest of the game's systems eg being able to get tokens to exchange for items outside the island, but when you "explore to the limit" you will find some elements that connect to the outside world.

- He implies some elements of the island's development will be on a weekly timer, namely cultivating crops.

- I think this may have already been confirmed in the last LL, but for further confirmation: Housing items cannot be used on the island. The island is not intended as a replacement for housing, instead its about developing an uninhabited island.

- There will be rewards such as mounts for making progress with developing the island. The interviewer asks if mounts can also freeroam on the island, Yoshida says first of all he wants people to enjoy the free roaming minions, but doesn't rule out the possibility of mounts.

- You can queue up for Duty Finder while on the island (the interviewer jokes this gives people another excuse never to leave.)

- On the relic weapon, for the past two expansions these have been tied to the large-scale content of Bozja and Eureka, but this has both its good and bad sides. This time, since the team are working on a lot of other content for the expansion, it was decided to return to the ARR and HW model of relic weapons. In discussions with both the scenario and battle team, it was decided it would be a lot of fun to make Manderville Weapons related to Hildy. "Look forward to what happens when Godbert and Gerolt stand side by side". There will be a simple progression to the 6.25 quest, and he hopes people can play it casually, like with Anima weapons.

- On CC, the devs plan to improve the Season ranking rewards since there was feedback that these have been underwhelming. There are also plans for an official tournament. The devs are currently fairly pleased with the job balance based on Season 2 data.

- At the end of the interview he mentions new UI features coming in 6.2.
    Plucked from: https://old.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...on_main_story/

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Secure just needs more shit sprinkled throughout the map. Map is just too massive even for 72 players.

And tbh, I dislike the ARR/HW relic style and much preferred Eureka/Bozja. The Bozja relics could even be done outside of the Bozja areas (minus timeworns) due to complaints from the Eureka line.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not getting a new bozja/eureka side zone is disappointing.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I agree but if they are making the new relic quest series more lighthearted and comedic in nature given the Hildibrand involvement, probably better not to put too much narrative weight behind it like Eureka and Bozja had.

I think there's a more practical reality that these zones die after a point and can be pretty miserable to play in at off-peak even during useful stretches.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Agreed. I liked the large scale content.

Also what do they mean DRG/AST buffs? Are they making Dragon Eye/Cards AoE around the caster?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Also what do they mean DRG/AST buffs? Are they making Dragon Eye/Cards AoE around the caster?
    Not buffs - reworks and we don't know exactly what they will do - the interview even makes it sound they're not even completely sure. DRG is getting a rework because of the button bloat and long combos, AST because people are once again unhappy with the card system - so they're going back to drawing board and thinking how to change the jobs to be more enjoyable to play.

BG Level

I'm fine with both of those. I like Dragoon but yeah the OCD bloat from jumps/nidhogg buffs/and DMG buffs is insane. AST cards wasn't too bad but was annoying finding a place on my hotbar since I try to keep my role abilities the same (1-6 for single target heals, 7-12 for AoEs, offensive Shift 1-3, etc.).

Also I hope they rework Ninja too since there's a shitlton of bloat there as well. I didn't mind it til around the 80s where you got so many additional skills/etc. it feels like a nightmare to set up everything. Especially when you have 2 abilities that do the same exact damage with the only difference being one is a melee ranged attack and the other is to close the distance. Honestly, I used to hate Samurai because of that kind of stuff but it's amazing how much of a QoL improvement that job got once they removed the crit skill.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tbh Ninja is pretty fresh after its last rework, so I wouldn't expect too many changes in the nearest future

BG Level

Maybe. It just feels a bit bloated to me compared to some of the other jobs and can be easy to miss using Raiju in the heat of the moment.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Maybe because I've been playing Drg as my main since even XI, but I really enjoy where it's at right now. The 2 combos with a boatload of oGCD in between is just fun and engaging for me

If they get rid of button bloat, sure, great. Just don't dumb it down too much. The job is straightforward as hell already. Just let me keep spamming a variety of shit constantly please

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think you are gonna see DRG get reworked kinda how it is like in pvp. One button for a three step combo, the combo will change if you do it after a jump or be buffed if you use a dragon eye ability first.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I think you are gonna see DRG get reworked kinda how it is like in pvp. One button for a three step combo, the combo will change if you do it after a jump or be buffed if you use a dragon eye ability first.
    If every job got the pvp treatment where everything feels like it's for the job then that would be the dream, plus those 1 button combo rotations is just great!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

They generally shift PVE rotational design toward PVP, or have been over the last 3 Xpacs. I do not see that trend ending anytime soon, as its pretty obvious that they've been using PVP as a "public beta" of job abilities/design for awhile now.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ain't no way they are gutting the job like that lol.

Main combo buttons will most likely stay separate but they'll combine wheeling thrust/fang and claw into one button that'll change into what it's suppose to be based on combo path. I can see them combining all the jumps into one button and giving it charges.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'd be shocked if they made the main 1-2-3 combo to one button without doing it more globally across all jobs.

Me just sitting here thinking 1-2-3s should replace auto-attacks.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Game shouldn't have auto attacks tbh. Like, they serve no real purpose especially since they made the change where you auto-attack even when you aren't facing the enemy. Well, I guess they serve the purpose of making it look like you're doing something in between GCDs?

Seeing a couple more of the world first raiders disliking the week wait for Savage even more now that we know tome gear and crafted gear is releasing with the normal raid. Mainly see the dislike coming from Sfia due to it making Savage slightly easier.