+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I just wonder the point of giving them a single-round bye. Did one of them have travel issues like that one season with CT (maybe it was his partner) was partnerless the first episode so got a pass. Just so they couldn't possibly get thrown in first?

People that are there nearly every season are there again! TJ, you've always got the craziest, most unexpected twists.

Not sure if cumulative is a fair word or not, but explaining things clearly and in the simplest manner for everyone is something this show is trash in anyway. You'd think that when they started casting international people, they'd at least try to make sure things are easier for non-native English speakers. Imagine some of those guys last season whose grasp of English seemed to be terrible.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    You'd think that when they started casting international people, they'd at least try to make sure things are easier for non-native English speakers. Imagine some of those guys last season whose grasp of English seemed to be terrible.
    True, last year was even worse. At least the Germans seem to have a pretty good grasp of English, even if they don't know "cumulative." Of course, making things as fair and equitable as possible for all competitors is just not something The Challenge remotely gives a shit about. It is, by far, my single biggest complaint about the show. They really need someone from Standards & Practices to step in. I figured it was going to get better when it was on CBS - I was wrong, it got worse. I almost feel like the increased exposure emboldened them to allow things to get worse.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cast for Challenge: World Championships has largely been leaked. Not a lot of "World," and quite a few Non-Champions. This thread seems like they're policing it pretty heavy as avoid spoiling who wins Ride or Dies, but Twitter and others aren't so lucky. I got spoiled, but whatever. Regardless, if you don't want to get spoiled, be careful where you're surfing.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Thoughts:
    Spoiler: show
    Tamara's English is much better than I expected based on Turbo.
    I watched the house preview video; this house is damn bougie.
    Reminder that casual lip-peck kissing for dating couples is not kissing for scoring.
    With both All-Stars and USA between seasons, I forgot Kaycee was the defending champ.
    Fessy in a hot tub with a blonde? No way.
    "You are not so introverted!" - LOL
    Kim is straight out of German Hipster Central Casting. Wow.
    Kaycee gone already? Nice that they got a confessional or two out of her.
    Headspace can replace her with a Free Agent, she wasn't kicked out for obviously dumb reasons.
    One team dropped out so they brought in two? … OK?
    Bananas and Nany still not here yet, either.
    Having the word 'cumulative' is kind of unfair to the Germans.
    Nice of production to point out Nelson's losing streak.
    Seeing a rookie team win the daily challenge is a pleasant surprise.
    Kailah seems overly bothered by them celebrating.
    Nelson extending his streak because he can't remember his age is the most Nelson thing ever.
    Kind of a dumb lie for Colleen. Odds of nobody on this cast knowing her story seems unlikely.
    Is this bar on the house campus as well, or is this an actual club?
    I like Tommy. He seems pretty authentic.
    Colleen and Kim are totally going in, aren't they?
    I was wrong. I like being wrong in this case. Kudos to Ravyn and Jimmy for the cojones.
    I remember Devin being extremely lucky drawing skulls back in the day on … Rivals 3, I think?
    Turbo's Pussy Chicken ongoing theme is kind of amusing, but Turbo seems angrier than he used to.
    Oh, that's fun!
    Not the first four I would have expected in the elimination, that's for sure.
    Predicting Devin & Tori win.
    This is a really good challenge.
    No Episode Survival points for Bananas, Nany, Darrell, Veronica - they're not in the game yet.
    Same with Aneesa and Jordan, forgot about them.
    What is going on with all the teams yet to be in the game? How many alternates did they have?

Scoring:
    Tommy crying on camera (10)
    Turbo and Laurel yelling already (5)
    Nelson gives the toast (10)
    Johnny and Nurys making out (5)
    Ravyn & Johnny win the daily challenge (10)
    Chauncey and Amber kissing pretty good (5)
    Tori and Devin win elimination (15)

Challenger Scores:
    Devin20
    Johnny M20
    Tori20
    Nelson15
    Ravyn15
    Tommy15
    Amber10
    Chauncey10
    Laurel10
    Nurys10
    Turbo10
    Analyse5
    Colleen5
    Emmy5
    Fessy5
    Horacio5
    Jakk5
    Jay5
    Kim5
    Michele5
    Moriah5
    Nam5
    Olivia5
    Tamara5
    Aneesa0
    Bananas0
    Darrell0
    Jordan0
    Kailah0
    Kaycee0
    Kenny0
    Nany0
    Sam0
    Veronica0

Standings:
    Headspace705
    Vil456
    Xno Kappa354
    UFA353
    Moss255
    Byrd103

Headspace, who do you want to replace Kaycee? Ravyn, Tamara, Tommy, are your options. Alternatively, Kaycee was seen in the trailer at the end of the episode. Maybe she comes back again later? You might consider holding on to her if the other three are not inspiring.
    Was in New Orleans for the Bengals game so just watched this. Does look like Kaycee comes back. Maybe takes Nanys place if that neck brace is serious. I’ll ride or die with Kaycee.

5’5” Tommy isn’t very appealing

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    I’ll ride or die with Kaycee.
    Good choice, cost you all of 5 points.

However, Xno gets to replace Nam since Emmy apparently sucks. Ravyn, Tommy, or Kenny?

Thoughts:
    I forgot Confssional Cleavage last week. I feel like I would have noticed something if it were prominent.
    Bananas getting introduced to "Holding Out for a Hero" has to stroke his ego. Because he really needs it.
    Nobody apparently did the Previously On The Challenge….
    Johnny annoying Turbo within 30 seconds of being there is peak Johnny. And peak Turbo.
    Nany didn't know Kaycee was gone, which is a surprise. I figured that was part of why they got added.
    Bananas sliding his bed over to Devin's is pretty hilarious.
    Nany early cleavage lead.
    Tori's still broken up about Jordan. Good thing the producers are going to milk that this season.
    Nam is cursed. One injury DQ, one COVID DQ, and one partner quit.
    Nam elgigble for waiver wire, so Xno can make a pick.
    Olivia now the big cleavage lead. Did I miss those last week or did she wear something different?
    Tamara beating Turbo up the ladder is pretty awesome.
    The fact that they keep mentionging Nelson's streak makes me think he ends it this season.
    Fessy, such aan athlete.
    That was quite a montage of failure there. Which makes me assume Tori & Devin make it.
    I did not know there was a new Black Panther movie coming out next month. The MCU has lost me.
    Kaycee and Kenny are back? Well, that's weird. OK.
    Kaycee back on Headspace's team since he didn't make a flip choice. Probably good idea.
    Still two more teams to bring into the game. Ugh.
    Tamara speaks! She's not a natural television personality.
    This is a particularly intense paranoia inducing format of selecting eliminations.
    I really hope Turbo goes home.
    Not going to give Nany points every time she cries over her mother, just once an episode.
    I feel like Turbo is going to go in every time until he loses. I feel bad for Tamara.
    Jay is a little too loyal for this game.
    Nurys' entire storyline is lusting after Johnny M
    Feels like a fairly even challenge.
    Fessy has had almost no air time on this season so far. None tonight, I don't think.
    Oh, the peanut gallery is totally going to help O&H, aren't they?
    I feel like this is too much help and shouldn't be allowed.
    It's hard to play this game if you refuse to communicate.
    TJ gonna bring in another team now?
    Yeah, of course he is. Maybe two.
    And they're going to draw out the suspense of who is partner is to next week, huh? Joy.
    Good riddance, Turbo. I don't really want to see you again.

Scoring:
    Nany crying in confessional (5)
    Tori cyring in confessional (5)
    Emy quits for no fucking reason (-25)
    Nam kicked out for partner being terrible (10)
    TJ said "This guy came to play!" about Horacio (10)
    Nany and Bananas win challenge (10)
    Michele crying at Nany during deliberation (5)
    Olivia & Horacio win elimination (15)

Standings:
    Headspace 100 6
    Vil 100 6
    Byrd 65 4
    Xno Kappa 50 2
    UFA 50 3
    Moss 30 4

Challenger Scores to Date:

Horacio 35 BYRD
    Tori 30 VIL
    Devin 25 HEAD
    Johnny M 25 HEAD
    Olivia 25 VIL
    Nany 20 BYRD
    Nelson 20 HEAD
    Ravyn 20 UFA
    Tommy 20 UFA
    Amber 15 MOSS
    Bananas 15 MOSS
    Chauncey 15 HEAD
    Laurel 15 XNO
    Michele 15 VIL
    Nam 15 XNO
    Nurys 15 XNO
    Analyse 10 MOSS
    Colleen 10 MOSS
    Fessy 10 VIL
    Jakk 10 BYRD
    Jay 10 VIL
    Kim 10 VIL
    Moriah 10 HEAD
    Turbo 10 XNO
    Kaycee 5 HEAD
    Kenny 5 UFA
    Tamara 5 UFA
    Aneesa 0 MOSS
    Darrell 0 XNO
    Jordan 0 BYRD
    Kailah 0 BYRD
    Sam 0 XNO
    Veronica 0 BYRD
    Emmy -20 MOSS

BG Level

Nam, meh. But bringing them back there? I wouldn't say it ruined my night, but there were feelings about it that are hard to explain on a message board. That would have been a great time for TJ to be like "just kidding". I'm SHOCKED that Banany won the challenge after "randomly" getting to go (basically) last.

Nany dealing with Michele there seemed super cold. This is the person who in some reason seasons spends a whole season not interacting with someone and then expecting a favor, yet was an absolute stonewall during that deliberation with Michele. The move with those noms was understandable. But then later you've got Michele pleading with her again saying that she swears her partner will never come after them and she's just like "well, your partner". I do feel like Michele was purposely laying it on extra thick throughout this though. She's savvy enough to understand that sometimes you're not going to be a person's #1 priority and it doesn't mean that you can't be allies. The problem is, how far down the priority list is she with that vet nucleus? They want people to overreact to the format, and some will, but it's good to roll with the punches.

That said, from what the show's presented plus people's history, Amber/Chauncey is a pair that could have also worked in Michele/Jay's spot to some degree.

How does Jay always land in these terrible positions because of people he's associated with? Last time that situation was maybe right for Theresa, but not for him. But he elaborated a situation that I've often felt. If he so easily cut his friend, then he's branded a snake and that will follow him forever on this series. "If he flipped on him, he'll flip on you." If he's expendable before, he's still going to be despite supposedly doing them a favor.

That was a good time for that elimination challenge because nobody's going to be mad over who left. However, I've got to laugh at a challenge that is easier to cheat than do the right way since the partner can't even see, whereas those not playing have a great view.

Jordan coming out solo... okay? Maybe TJ needed extra time to come up with some blatant lie as to how he and Aneesa are friends when you could have told me they never even interacted and I'd believe you.

Bananas and Devin miraculously being best buds. Whatever.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Sticking with Kaycee paid off but I am WORRIED about her brother lol.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Challenge 38: Ride or Dies

Shit if it’s not too late let me get Ravyn.

BG Level

^ lol

So Tori has her second "PSA" scene of the season and I'm left thinking "Are these two scenes the first time this show has told anything about her that isn't directly about the show? "

Fessy, er... Faysal getting his own after that only for a glorious Messy Fessy Montage. The fact that later in the episode he talked about how Coleen was one of the ladies he's pursuing, I'm thinking "does he know this isn't Love Island, where pursuing multiple people at once isn't out of the norm?" But like Tori's segment, him talking about his background and that, it's like the first real segment that he's had outside of a fleeting moment in his first season when he got to talk and he talked about football.

Faysal reminding Kaycee what his real name was when they were from the same damn show is low-key hilarious to me. I looked and he went by "Fessy" there, but they were together for 2.5 months. I'd think his name came up before.

Shockingly, a decent challenge that was simple enough to understand and follow. Moreover, they were able to show how close the 2nd heat was without any blatant tricks and cuts of people hitting certain checkpoints.

Besides two people crying at the bar, Jordan's appearance is uneventful and as good as he is, are people going to take a shot at him? I don't know. Just feels like it *should* be easy for them to coast compared to some other vet teams. It's only one episode, but it just feels like a continuation of "good behavior" Jordan from AS3. So long as he has some speech about mythology at some point, fine.

Tommy/Analyse overplaying is hilarious on a show where people are always looking at a reason to call BB people snakes. Come on, guys. O/H very well may have made them the deal if they just played it cooler, and then you can just play off the "I'm not going to turn down an alliance when you offer it" excuse. And while scooping up Kim/Colleen who are kind of isolated might be helpful, are those two more likely to win than either of those two teams who are killing it... and are both definitely higher target priorities? Dumb play.

Goofy elimination, but a good one, and I'll take this over the awful Hall Brawl. Was there even a full second head start on the top layer? I only really remember Olivia deciding that it would be honorable to wait to move til Ravyn's door opened in the 1st heat. Having them start on sand and have to step up into that was asking for an injury when they could have just extended the floor or something.

I'd be cool having Johnny and Ravyn back in the future. Olivia and Horacio impressed again, but I'm worried that they'll be like "1st half stars" or people that lead the league in scoring in the pre-season.

Two vets in when two rookies go. I know that we knew this was coming at some point, but it's just absurdity anyway.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Scoring:
    Forgot Olivia for confesssional cleavage last week (5)
    TJ told the heat winners they killed it (20) so not giving them all heat winner points
    Fessy and Moriah win the daily (10)
    Analyse crying (5)
    Horacio and Olivia peck on the lips (5)
    Tori crying while talking to Jordan (5)
    Olivia and Horacio win elimination (15)
    Colleen wins cleavage (5) amongst several noteworthy participants.

Notes:
    Xno did get Ravyn for thie episode.
    Oh, man, Paulie Shore got old. (Ridiculousness)
    Did they get rid of the "Last Time on the Challenge' intro with various cast members?
    Aneesa, I'd like to welcome your cleavage to the game.
    I assume Darrell and Veronica will be joining at the end of this episode?
    Johnny: "We're good, let's move on." Nurys: "Yeah." Ravyn: (silence).
    Not sure everyone is on the same page there.
    Changing Fessy to Faysal on the spreadsheet.
    Moriah's cleavage is one up on Aneesa. Annoyed at the chevron in the way, though.
    Analyse and Tommy getting lots of air time. Guessing they're going home,
    Kim Lannister and Colleen Targaryen
    These chevrons in confessional are really making cleavage judging hard. Probably why I didn't notice them Week 1.
    I think Colleen cleavage leader. Yeah, definitely on second review.
    Seeing older Aneesa pictures from earlier seasons definitely reminds me how much weight she has put on.
    Johnny seems to be doing as well as he can, while being stuck as a partner with someone who caught feelings.
    If everyone who Faysal is pursuing is going to be hard for him to throw in, maybe he needs to be The Decision Maker
    I was wrong about Analyse and Tommy going home, apparently.
    Tommy's arms seem short, proportionally, in confessional.
    I wonder if Tommy and Analyse had the same deal with Johnny and Ravyn.
    Yes, Analyse, you have to do what's best for you. But not just tonight, also long term.
    I think Olivia and Horcacio win - the girls' heat is much more important.
    At least once an episode, there's a confessional with someone who I forgot was on the show. Welcome, Chauncey!
    Oh, they switch places for Round 2, that is a good idea.
    You almost never see a Round 3 in these things. Neat.
    I very much like this variation on Hall Brawl. Significantly less dangerous but just as intense. Probably more.
    I do hope to see Johnny come back. Ravyn maybe. She is hot, but her storyline here was just the obtuse angle of a love triangle.

Standings:

Vil 190 6
    Headspace 175 5
    Byrd 105 4
    Xno Kappa 85 2
    Moss 60 5
    UFA 60 2

Horacio 60 BYRD GAME
    Olivia 55 VIL GAME
    Faysal 45 VIL GAME
    Johnny M 45 HEAD HOME
    Moriah 45 HEAD GAME
    Ravyn 40 XNO HOME
    Tori 40 VIL GAME
    Devin 30 HEAD GAME
    Nany 25 BYRD GAME
    Nelson 25 HEAD GAME
    Tommy 25 UFA GAME
    Amber 20 MOSS GAME
    Analyse 20 MOSS GAME
    Bananas 20 MOSS GAME
    Chauncey 20 HEAD GAME
    Laurel 20 XNO GAME
    Michele 20 VIL GAME
    Nurys 20 XNO GAME
    Colleen 15 MOSS GAME
    Jakk 15 BYRD GAME
    Jay 15 VIL GAME
    Kim 15 VIL GAME
    Nam 15 XNO HOME
    Kaycee 10 HEAD GAME
    Kenny 10 UFA GAME
    Turbo 10 XNO HOME
    Aneesa 5 MOSS GAME
    Jordan 5 BYRD GAME
    Tamara 5 UFA HOME
    Darrell 0 XNO TBD
    Kailah 0 BYRD HOME
    Sam 0 XNO HOME
    Veronica 0 BYRD TBD
    Emmy -20 MOSS HOME

BG Level

I wonder if Tommy and Analyse had the same deal with Johnny and Ravyn.
    Maybe there was the expectation was they were getting thrown in. I wanted a cut of them promising all 3 teams and for them to get called out before going to the arena.

At least once an episode, there's a confessional with someone who I forgot was on the show. Welcome, Chauncey!
    They're on the freaking poster and I'm not sure if they've talked for more than a combined 30 seconds. When they did the "slow-mo pan across the dance floor" thing that was probably the most screen time Amber's had outside of challenges. Them (or Michele/Jay) wouldn't have been terribly surprising picks if thrown in by him with their history and there were reasons (not necessarily smart) why BB or the Germans could have been left off the nominations. Seems like The Decision Maker actually decided to use his head. Either of those teams that were in the arena tonight would have reason to nominate Faysal/Moriah back, but would they be the target? Bananas/Nany, Devin/Tori, Laurel/Jakk, and the Clarks are all decent ideas if the rookies or rookie-leaning teams win something soon. Ok yeah, just typing out those teams... the rookies are screwed. It's just a matter of time.

BG Level

Damn, that episode early on got interrupted by an Amber Alert.

I appreciate Faysal saying he's not looking for love or whatever, despite courting at least 4 women this season. Shout out to the hookup montage. Have I drafted the horniest team ever? I'd rather they just have the hookups within my team, but when half of my team is getting into bed with someone this episode, I can't complain.

This show has been pretty heavy-handed with the editing in recent year, but some of the episodes this season are out of control. Ok, they'd been making the running gag of Nelson's losing streak. Then you add in that convo with Nurys where they talk about being protected and pulled both ways. Then he's telling Jay how it's good to lose (guys, he's just been losing on purpose for years!) because he doesn't want to nominate, and then you have Nurys talking about doing the opposite strategy from most teams. Gee, who might win? The closest decoy was like... Michele and Jay? Tommy at the challenge, lmao.

Olivia with the insane plan and I'm like... I don't know if this is mastermind or moronic, but sometimes it's a thin line between them. Clearly none of the people on those two teams are from Big Brother or they'd know the saying "Pawns go home all the time". Having them pick teams that would protect them is smart, but don't go too far with this. At the end of the day, are she and Nelson just going to bang again after that elimination?

...and then Nelson is flat out telling them to make conflicting deals with both of them. Right, like the sort of deal that the whole house, especially Nelson, is pissed off at Tommy/Analyse over. Nelson, who is probably still fuming at getting double-crossed at the Bloodbath F3 in Invasion 3-way tug of war thing.

That elimination just went on way too long, but at least provided a few laughs. Thanks, Kim!

nuJordan is super weird. I have no problem with him being supportive of his partner, but the whole act beyond that is bizarre.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thoughts:
    Bananas was on Ridiculousness. Sure, why not?
    Well, at the start of episode 4, we have all of the cast announced before the season on the show.
    Fessy called Colleen "Wifey Type". Oh god.
    Did not see "Jordan & Tori sharing a bed" coming at all
    Oprah: "Everybody gets coitus points!"
    Nelson concerned that winning might be a bad thing for him. Is that an excuse? Or some reverse foreshadowing?
    This challenge seems really, really hard.
    So what happens if nobody gets the flag?
    Nurys might have the right strategy here. That's two pieces of foreshadowing that Nelson might win. Could this be the day?
    Olivia cleavage leader.
    Giving whoever didn't win 5 challenge points for just getting the flag.
    The foreshadowing was right. Long Live King Nelson.
    Olivia doing some pretty good polidicking. But I feel like this is setting up some strategic backfiring.
    You don't look like twins, Kim. She looks like a Targaryen and you look like a Lannister.
    I was not expecting them to save Darrell and Veronica, that's weird.
    Oh, maybe this cut scene will explain it.
    Kim confused that he only has to lift things is pretty funny.
    Size makes a difference here, but man Tommy is not doing well here. What is going on?
    Kim giving Tommy advice mid-elimination is hilarious.
    I was half expecting MJ and Jonna to come walking in. Glad they did not.

Scoring:

Faysal and Colleen coitus points (20)
    Tori and Jordan coitus points (I think) (20)
    Nelson and Olivia coitus (20)
    Nelson and Nurys win challenge (10)
    Jordan and Aneesa only others to get flag (5)
    Colleen and Kim win elimination (15)
    Tommy crying because of elimination (10)
    Analyse crying too (5)
    Olivia confessional cleavage (5)

Standings:
    Vil 300 6
    Headspace 230 5
    Byrd 155 4
    Moss 125 4
    Xno Kappa 110 2
    UFA 75 1

Olivia 85 VIL GAME
    Faysal 70 VIL GAME
    Horacio 65 BYRD GAME
    Tori 65 VIL GAME
    Nelson 60 HEAD GAME
    Colleen 55 MOSS GAME
    Moriah 50 HEAD GAME
    Johnny M 45 HEAD HOME
    Ravyn 40 XNO HOME
    Devin 35 HEAD GAME
    Jordan 35 BYRD GAME
    Kim 35 VIL GAME
    Nurys 35 XNO GAME
    Tommy 35 UFA HOME
    Nany 30 BYRD GAME
    Amber 25 MOSS GAME
    Analyse 25 MOSS HOME
    Bananas 25 MOSS GAME
    Chauncey 25 HEAD GAME
    Laurel 25 XNO GAME
    Michele 25 VIL GAME
    Jakk 20 BYRD GAME
    Jay 20 VIL GAME
    Aneesa 15 MOSS GAME
    Kaycee 15 HEAD GAME
    Kenny 15 UFA GAME
    Nam 15 XNO HOME/quopte
    Turbo 10 XNO HOME
    Darrell 5 XNO TBD
    Tamara 5 UFA HOME
    Veronica 5 BYRD TBD
    Kailah 0 BYRD HOME
    Sam 0 XNO HOME
    Emmy -20 MOSS HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    Olivia with the insane plan and I'm like... I don't know if this is mastermind or moronic, but sometimes it's a thin line between them. Clearly none of the people on those two teams are from Big Brother or they'd know the saying "Pawns go home all the time". Having them pick teams that would protect them is smart, but don't go too far with this. At the end of the day, are she and Nelson just going to bang again after that elimination?
    That quote occurred to me at the same time. Obviously, the odds of them not going into elimination are better (1 in 3), but still ... ballsy move. And it seems to have paid off. Then saving Darrell and Veronica seemed weird at first, but made sense after a bit of explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    That elimination just went on way too long, but at least provided a few laughs. Thanks, Kim!
    Kim is maybe my favorite rookie now. He was hilarious during his elimination confessionals, and also tried to give Tommy advice during his own elimination against him. That has to be a first.

I am disappointed Nelson did not catch Dimaggio's streak, but his brief tenure with power went well, and I think he actually did a great job with it. Listening to Olivia was excellent, although I think she's definitely the brains of the couple. Nurys also probably smarter than Nelson.

I felt bad for Tommy. Not sure what he was doing wrong, it can't have been *that* hard, can it?

BG Level

I don't know how much his reach factored in, but he looked like he was going to wear himself out pretty fast. Even though he had a plan going in, that wasn't making progress, so there was a lot of hunched forward arm tugs early on. By the time people were offering tips/encouragement, he was probably too far gone.

BG Level

The editing for the last 20 minutes was incredibly awkward. I started to think they were gonna reveal some kind of mechanical failure for Tommy’s part of the elimination. Then there was the emphasis on his emotional apology to his teammate. It was just weird. Like they were building up to something and then? Credits.

Anyways, Olivia being the clear brains of the operation while Nelson got the praise was hilarious.

BG Level

TJ just needed his Jeff Probst moment, ok? Dude didn't give up and tried to the end and nobody's ever done that before! There's so much that we don't see, but TJ's final words seemed pretty extra based on what they gave us this season. Maybe he's like that more often than not, but it seemed weird to show it like that this time. But hey, maybe dude is really fun off-camera at the challenges or something and made TJ a fan?

But now I'm thinking about that whole finish. Maybe it's because of all the people joining after the elimination, but I don't know if I would have even been surprised if TJ would be like "I'm feeling friendly. Let's make this past round non-elimination" and let them just rejoin the cast. Redemption House anybody?

BG Level

Challenge 38: Ride or Dies

BG Level

Michele and Jay have to be two of the dumbest motherfuckas on the challenge in recent history. I will never understand the constant ass kissing for the vets. Especially Bananas.

This is why it was so refreshing to have someone like Johnny M. Not only was there rookies who said fuck them, they also had the numbers until TJ started handing out free byes to the opposing side. And now the cast left is more or less the same exact people we’ve already been watching 5~10 years.

This season sucks fucking donkey balls.

BG Level

And while we’re at it on a somewhat related topic. Just rename the The Amazing Race to The European Race. How many god damn episodes do we need in France? The charm of the show was seeing all the drastically different cultures. The COVID excuse hardly flies anymore.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xno
    And while we’re at it on a somewhat related topic. Just rename the The Amazing Race to The European Race. How many god damn episodes do we need in France? The charm of the show was seeing all the drastically different cultures. The COVID excuse hardly flies anymore.
    I'm not ecstatic about that, either, but - as of May / June when this season was filmed - there was a lot of countries that still had several days or multiple weeks of quarantine requirements. I'm pretty sure the options were very limited where they could travel quickly and safely six months ago. I think the next season will be better - it's filming right now. Started in Mexico, either. Also, Russia is certainly off the table for at least the next few years.

And while I don't love the current travel itinerary, some Amazing Race is way, way better than no Amazing Race. Seeing Petra was really cool, even if their options for challenges were extremely limited by the venue.

Anyway ...

Thoughts:
    They've apparently completely gotten rid of "Previously On The Challenge…" intros
    Colleen with the cleavage lead again.
    I don't award cleavage to the same person two weeks in a row barring unusual circumstances
    Bananas and Moriah? Weird.
    LOL HER MOM WARNED HER ABOUT BANANAS!
    Emo Devin is very Adam Lambert.
    Jay and Jakk with the budding bromance.
    I keep thinking Kaycee is really underedited for a Challenge champ, and then sometimes I remember
    Amber is also there and even more underedited.
    I think Nurys is the best looking woman on the show.
    The ad said "Every holiday starts at dicks!"
    Why do they need to wear helmets for this challenge?
    This feels like a raelly long challenge to run two heats of.
    I like TJ doing play by play, but he needs a color guy.
    Why are some of the girls rowing and some of the guys rowing? Can they switch.
    I forget Colleen was The Mole, she's got to be pretty savvy in general.
    OH, they switch half way through. That makes sense.
    Jay and Michele completely fucked this up.
    Why did they pick Colleen and Kim? That doesn't make sense. They are drawing dead, almost.
    Veronica has had too much plastic surgery and isn't particularly attractive anymore.
    A pissed off Laurel is not someone I want to go against.
    Colleen and Kim are going home, aren't they? Damnit, I really like them.
    I'm sure you will find another cuddle buddle, Faysal.
    I really like Colleen and Kim, hope to see them again.

Minimal scoring this week:
    Jay and Michele win heat one (5)
    Tori and Devin win heat two (5)
    Jay and Michele win overall challenge (5)
    Laurel and Jakk win elimination (15)
    Collen wins the going away cleavage (5)

Standings:
    Vil 350 5
    Headspace 260 5
    Byrd 195 5
    Moss 145 3
    Xno Kappa 140 3
    UFA 80 1