+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Apparently Kim and Colleen weren’t allowed to speak German? That’s absolute fucking bullshit. This show is getting harder and harder to justify watching.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Jay and Michelle all time bag fumble

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Episode Six Stuff:
    Thoughts:
    Spoiler: show
    I didn't recognize on Ridiculousness' panel. I don't know why that surprises me, I'm 47 years old.
    I forgot Aneesa was Jewish.
    Laurel catches feelings a lot on these shows.
    They are still showing the last teams digging that are way behind, maybe we see a big comeback.
    Nurys with a really weird confessional look.
    Nany still seems to have a lot of insecurities which I was hoping she outgrew.
    Oh, we haven't had a "Who is Faysal cuddling with?" update in a couple of weeks.
    Faysal really hasn't played any real role in the season other than Chief Manwhore.
    8x8x16 CMU weigh 32 pounds each, generally, although the webs are varying in thickness I see.
    Good strategy by Jordan here.
    Laurel doesn't seem to have the best arm. Not terrible, but it's not going to beat Jordan's form.
    I feel like hitting the last target will be tough as the goalie does not have to move.
    Didn't notice cleavage this week.

Scoring:
    Nany getting mighty bitchy at Bananas during the challenge (5)
    Laurel crying in confessional (5)
    Jay and Michele win heat (5)
    Olivia and Horacio win heat (5)
    Jay and Michele win overall elimination (5)
    Jay crying in confessional (10)
    Jordan and Aneesa win elimination (15)

Standings:
    Vil 405 5
    Headspace 285 5
    Byrd 235 4
    Moss 175 3
    Xno Kappa 155 2
    UFA 85 1

Challenger Scores to Date:
    Olivia 95 VIL GAME
    Faysal 80 VIL GAME
    Tori 80 VIL GAME
    Horacio 75 BYRD GAME
    Nelson 70 HEAD GAME
    Colleen 60 MOSS HOME
    Jay 60 VIL GAME
    Jordan 60 BYRD GAME
    Moriah 60 HEAD GAME
    Michele 55 VIL GAME
    Devin 50 HEAD GAME
    Laurel 50 XNO HOME
    Johnny M 45 HEAD HOME
    Nany 45 BYRD GAME
    Nurys 45 XNO GAME
    Aneesa 40 MOSS GAME
    Jakk 40 BYRD HOME
    Ravyn 40 XNO HOME
    Amber 35 MOSS GAME
    Bananas 35 MOSS GAME
    Chauncey 35 HEAD GAME
    Kim 35 VIL HOME
    Tommy 35 UFA HOME
    Analyse 25 MOSS HOME
    Kaycee 25 HEAD GAME
    Kenny 25 UFA GAME
    Darrell 15 XNO GAME
    Nam 15 XNO HOME
    Veronica 15 BYRD GAME
    Turbo 10 XNO HOME
    Tamara 5 UFA HOME
    Kailah 0 BYRD HOME
    Sam 0 XNO HOME
    Emmy -20 MOSS HOME

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The contestants on this season are extra whiny. It’s becoming annoying lol

BG Level

Challenge 38: Ride or Dies

Felt like Laurel was blatantly playing everything up for the cameras tbh lol. Fuck it. I like what Jay and Michele are doing. Maximum chaos, I hope they win again.

BG Level

Been off the grid since GoW released + being away from home a few days after I finished that but oh boy those last two weeks of this show. Jay and Michele, like... you can explain most of the picks they made individually, but as a group of 4, what a mess. I've kind of questioned if the plan was to play for future seasons, thus staying away from certain teams, but the past two episodes at least threw that away.

As competitors, they're great, but every time they're there, I usually reach some point fairly early on when I'm like "I've had enough of Laurel and Jordan". Yeah, others need to *also* go, but I think I've reached a point where I don't count "pettiness" as a personality trait, at least not when it's 1 of 1 or 1 of 2. Too many people have just become 1-note here and maybe that's just because their permaspot on casts is established. I don't know. As obnoxious as he 98% of the time, at least Bananas doesn't forget that this is an actual tv show, ya know?

But now we get to this week and Nelson, lmao. Dude was doing fine and then throws it away, and for what? I don't even get it. These consecutive weeks, you may as well just underline and circle them, and they're why (I'm speculating) that all these people are going to crash and burn around mid-season. Look at the picks that Bananas made back in week 2(?). There was a deliberate plan, not just some nebulous "reasons" for each team. That sort of seemed to be the case early in this episode and then... nope! "We want to get a strong team out." Proceeds to directly throw in a team that has done nothing so far, with them ending up against a team that has done even less.

And Devin, ugh. Nobody likes a micromanager, dude. Maybe he was just on a good one that night or something, but when you're grilling your alliance-mate who had the power to throw you in two weeks in a row, just chill out.

So in summary, the vets suck, but the new castmates are too stupid to get rid of them. I'm already over the pity pow-wows that they have each week when the nominees go up. It's the same thing every time.

Oh, and I don't understand that main challenge at all this week. Were they told they'd be DQd if they got it wrong? Because why else would those teams run back to check for 2 pieces? I'm thinking of that one challenge from All Stars(?) where Kailah just spammed "Check" every 5 seconds on some math thing. Even if that's the case, feels like a miss on Devin's part not saying "We're not going to beat them in a footrace, may as well try a 50-50 guess".

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good episode, lots of drama, but not lots of scoring.

Thoughts:
    AmBer with her monthly "I'm still on this show" appearance.
    Chauncey, too.
    Oh shit, they're going home, aren't they?
    Oh they're going to win the Challenge, maybe. We'll see.
    Devin with the low key dig at Nelson's vocabulary - "Needy-Greedy"
    Eric Church? That's an unusual music choice for MTV.
    Nurys with the cleavage lead.
    This could take a lot of trips back and forth if they only get three seconds each time.
    Is Nelson going to win two dailies in one season?
    "The best thing that ever happened to me this season" - Nelson, philosopher
    Devin does seem to be running this game pretty well, more than Johnny, even.
    I predict AmBer and Chauncey win. Veronica is not the best at anything physical these days.
    No helmets this time. How do they decide when helmets are needed and when they are not?
    "Veronica is so small compared to AmBer…" Well, she's so short compared to Amber. Her big ass is not an asset here.
    Surprised D&V caught up.
    Then again, if this went on for hours, I guess Stephen Hawking and Lou Gehrig could have caught up.
    I would have thought Veronica would have figured it out by now, she's got at puzzles.

Scoring:

Nurys & Nelson win challenge (10)
    TJ told Nurys & Nelson they killed it (20)
    Devin and Michele yelling, Nelson too (5)
    Amber and Chauncey win elimination (15)
    Nurys wins cleavage award (5)

Standings:
    Vil 435 5
    Headspace 365 5
    Byrd 250 3
    Moss 205 3
    Xno Kappa 200 1
    UFA 85 1

Nelson 110 HEAD GAME
    Olivia 100 VIL GAME
    Faysal 85 VIL GAME
    Nurys 85 XNO GAME
    Tori 85 VIL GAME
    Horacio 80 BYRD GAME
    Jay 65 VIL GAME
    Jordan 65 BYRD GAME
    Michele 65 VIL GAME
    Moriah 65 HEAD GAME
    Colleen 60 MOSS HOME
    Devin 60 HEAD GAME
    Amber 55 MOSS GAME
    Chauncey 55 HEAD GAME
    Laurel 50 XNO HOME
    Nany 50 BYRD GAME
    Aneesa 45 MOSS GAME
    Johnny M 45 HEAD HOME
    Bananas 40 MOSS GAME
    Jakk 40 BYRD HOME
    Ravyn 40 XNO HOME
    Kim 35 VIL HOME
    Tommy 35 UFA HOME
    Kaycee 30 HEAD GAME
    Kenny 30 UFA GAME
    Analyse 25 MOSS HOME
    Darrell 15 XNO HOME
    Nam 15 XNO HOME
    Veronica 15 BYRD HOME
    Turbo 10 XNO HOME
    Tamara 5 UFA HOME
    Kailah 0 BYRD HOME
    Sam 0 XNO HOME
    Emmy -20 MOSS HOME

BG Level

Well, this was the first episode that I found myself just straight up fast-forwarding through, not just the commercials. 60 minute episodes please.

I liked the part when Devin asked Aneesa "So what's the deal with you guys?" because like everyone else, he doesn't see a connection between that pair of teammates. Then tack on a Jay confessional out of nowhere about Jordan winning and throwing them in directly. I wonder what'll happen?

"There's a big divide in the house and the other side keeps winning." Guess it's time for a challenge that Jordan will be great at and you can do nothing, Aneesa. lmao @ O/H and M/J being the first two while the Clarks, Bananas, and Jordan all went late. Convenient! One half of that challenge was actually good, but it's a terrible challenge overall. That part when they were acting like Devin had a shot when he was just trundling across the cars? Come on.

Amber and that hugging stuff is super annoying, so is her getting butthurt about someone not wanting it in that moment.

Obviously they brought this on themselves to some degree by not pushing the advantage when they or their allies had power for a month, but losing those two is going to suck. And I don't just mean it for my team. I have little hope for the back half of the season. Weekly reminder that Kenny Clark is a person in this cast.

They laid on that Nelson stuff this week thicker than "Faysal means decision maker" episode. While I do feel that he would *try* to do right by Nelson here, I just feel like there's a limit and I'd be worried about him being pulled by the other vets. Besides that stuff that connects through Kaycee, there's some girl that apparently is Faysal's teammate who supposedly is close with Bananas. That's putting a lot of faith in that guy, and if there were one situation where he might be forgiving about not being picked, this was the one.

lol @ that elimination and the screaming. Whatever, man.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thoughts:

Amber and Michele talking Nelson will get what is getting to him transposed over him lying in
    bed with a shit-eating grin is some A+ foreshadowing if that is what it is.
    Nurys practicing swimming while combined with previous statement makes me think very much foreshadowing.
    Bananas' 40th birthday being celebrated in the Challenge is the most Bananas thing ever.
    Cool looking challenge.
    Aneesa with early cleavage lead.
    Nurys also with great cleavage.
    Moriah now with cleavage lead.
    Aren't Aneesa and Jordan 100% guaranteed to put Jay & Michele in there? Why are they dragging this out?
    Didn't Fessy fuck you over two seasons ago? And this girl is your girl? That doesn't make sense.
    I wonder if the only reason they have to wear helmets some times is befcause of the cameras on the helmets.
    I really don't like how much the audience can affect these challenges.

Scoring:

Johnny and Moriah kissed (5)
    Jordan and Aneesa win challenge (10)
    Olivia and Nelson kissing (5)
    Horacio and Olivia win elimination (15)
    Moriah wins cleavage (5)

Standings:
    Vil 470 3
    Headspace 405 5
    Byrd 290 3
    Moss 235 3
    Xno Kappa 200 1
    UFA 95 1

Olivia 125 VIL GAME
    Nelson 120 HEAD GAME
    Horacio 100 BYRD GAME
    Faysal 90 VIL GAME
    Nurys 90 XNO GAME
    Tori 90 VIL GAME
    Jordan 80 BYRD GAME
    Moriah 80 HEAD GAME
    Devin 65 HEAD GAME
    Jay 65 VIL HOME
    Michele 65 VIL HOME
    Amber 60 MOSS GAME
    Aneesa 60 MOSS GAME
    Chauncey 60 HEAD GAME
    Colleen 60 MOSS HOME
    Nany 55 BYRD GAME
    Bananas 50 MOSS GAME
    Laurel 50 XNO HOME
    Johnny M 45 HEAD HOME
    Jakk 40 BYRD HOME
    Ravyn 40 XNO HOME
    Kaycee 35 HEAD GAME
    Kenny 35 UFA GAME
    Kim 35 VIL HOME
    Tommy 35 UFA HOME
    Analyse 25 MOSS HOME
    Darrell 15 XNO HOME
    Nam 15 XNO HOME
    Veronica 15 BYRD HOME
    Turbo 10 XNO HOME
    Tamara 5 UFA HOME
    Kailah 0 BYRD HOME
    Sam 0 XNO HOME
    Emmy -20 MOSS HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    Well, this was the first episode that I found myself just straight up fast-forwarding through, not just the commercials. 60 minute episodes please.
    Yeah, if there's not a lot of drama or other shenanigans, 90 minutes is a lot, particularly as the cast dwindles. It turns into huge chunks of the episode being devoted to a challenge that is the same heat repeated over and over. If there's not head-to-head drama on that kind of thing, it's really hard to keep my interest. I didn't fast forward, but I certainly tuned out for a while.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Haven’t seen this weeks episode but we just watched last weeks and I’m falling into the camp that this shit is rigged.

Every fucking time someone has a position of power to start really going after vets or previous champs they fuck it up.

One of the most calculating people (Devin) throws his plan away to go after bananas and Nany to go after Amber??? I don’t buy it. It’s a work.

BG Level

Did Kaycee do something wrong to get the Dee shadow ban treatment?

BG Level

Her first season, they'd at least shoehorn her in by giving her the confessional explaining the rules right after TJ explained them. She's just doing nothing this time, so no need to even try to fit her in really. Josh is probably sitting at home thinking he should have been her partner. At least then she'd have constant fires to put out.

As for Headspace's point, did Jordan beat Jay in that challenge? Sure, he may have, but we don't know. They put all those effects on there to obfuscate things and they can just pick whoever they want to win in some of these time trials. The bottom line is that the series has generally stacked the deck in some ways with casting, and between that and bizarre changes of direction I've got to wonder how much confessional manipulation may be in play here.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Her first season, they'd at least shoehorn her in by giving her the confessional explaining the rules right after TJ explained them. She's just doing nothing this time, so no need to even try to fit her in really. Josh is probably sitting at home thinking he should have been her partner. At least then she'd have constant fires to put out.
    I feel like she is doing more than Kenny is, but on par with Chauncey, who is apparently still on the show. I don't dislike Kaycee at all, she's one of the Challengers I think we be most fun to hang out with personally, but I have no idea why she is continually cast on the show. She's not interesting enough for TV.

BG Level

Nelson is 100% on PEDs.

BG Level

3/3 on crying on my team, some shouting and a killed it? Almost not feeling bad about losing 2 ppl last week!

Don't like this twist and I'm dreading the incoming "I can't believe I have to compete against my girlfriend!" spam to get that Kaycee/Nany screentime. Speaking of them, I don't know what made me laugh more, Nany asking "am I antisocial?" or Kaycee's "I literally forget that my brother is here." That 2nd one is a ridiculous intentionally unintentional burn. The other one? What is Nany even doing this season? Or Kaycee? Do they even hang around each other? Do they talk at all? How is there actually no content of any sort?

Faysal actually crying over not winning a final the episode that they give a mini-final. Come on, editors. Was that scene even from this episode's time frame? Nelson's confessional about loving power and responsibility? That was probably filmed 3 weeks before that challenge, unless he'd already forgotten (possible) about that ordeal at the knife pull.

If there were any doubts that Faysal just brought a potential ringer that he kinda knows, her line about not knowing if he's the person she thought he was confirmed it. Kind of makes me appreciate pairs like Kim/Colleen more. I don't know how thin their relationship is, but they at least seemed like a fun team with semblance of cohesion/chemistry.

I'm not going to look up early RW/RR or Vet/Rookie teams from the Gauntlet era, but this team split sure feels like it'd fit in with them.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thoughts:
    Olivia good cleavage lead.
    Faysal crying is … unexpected.
    Moriah also with nice cleavage. Lots of early strong cleavage today. Hmmmm.
    Olivia with a second dress with some interesting side and three quarter panel boob thing going on. She's back in the lead.
    Kaycee, I *also* forget that your brother is here. Sometimes, you too, actually.
    Kenny speaks on camera for the first time since the Obama administration, it fees like.
    Chauncey and Kenny with lines on the same episode. Which one of them is going home?
    "There should be no reason why we don't win" - Nurys. Girl, you just tempted some gods somewhere.
    Bananas, I think this was a terrible strategy.
    Have any of the kids born on Teen Mom gone on to be a teen mom on their own?
    Like Teen Mom: The Next Generation? Or maybe Twenty-Something Grandma?
    This sled thing is a rich get richer game, the teams in lead can slow down the teams at the end. Don't like it.
    Moriah impressing me here.
    This really is a mini-final, no joke there.
    Devin's inability to believe Faysal can do puzzles is funny, and Yes, he has a problem
    This is an interesting deliberation here, splitting up the teams. Hopefully Moriah doesn't fold.
    So no elimination this week, huh? Guess this is a reasonable substitute instead of some dumb cliffhanger.
    Teams seem pretty uneven, but I suppose we'll see.
    Mid-season trailer looks dope.

Scoring:
    Nelson and Olivia smooching (5)
    Faysal crying (10)
    Tori crying because of Jordan / cat related complications (5)
    Jordan and Nurys making out (5)
    Johnny and Moriah making out (5)
    Bananas and Nany yelling at each other (5)
    Faysal and Moriah win daily (10)
    TJ said Faysal and Moriah dominated it (10), which isn't quite killed it, but good enough.
    Jordan and Tori fighting (5)
    Tori crying again for separate reasons before (5)
    TJ said Faysal and Moriah killed it at the elimination (+10 over other)
    Olivia crying because Horacio is mean (5)
    Olivia wins cleavage award (5)

Standings:
    Vil 555 3
    Headspace 470 5
    Byrd 320 3
    Moss 260 3
    Xno Kappa 210 1
    UFA 100 1

Olivia 145 VIL GAME
    Faysal 135 VIL GAME
    Nelson 130 HEAD GAME
    Moriah 120 HEAD GAME
    Tori 110 VIL GAME
    Horacio 105 BYRD GAME
    Nurys 100 XNO GAME
    Jordan 95 BYRD GAME
    Devin 70 HEAD GAME
    Amber 65 MOSS GAME
    Aneesa 65 MOSS GAME
    Bananas 65 MOSS GAME
    Chauncey 65 HEAD GAME
    Jay 65 VIL HOME
    Michele 65 VIL HOME
    Nany 65 BYRD GAME
    Colleen 60 MOSS HOME
    Laurel 50 XNO HOME
    Johnny M 45 HEAD HOME
    Jakk 40 BYRD HOME
    Kaycee 40 HEAD GAME
    Kenny 40 UFA GAME
    Ravyn 40 XNO HOME
    Kim 35 VIL HOME
    Tommy 35 UFA HOME
    Analyse 25 MOSS HOME
    Darrell 15 XNO HOME
    Nam 15 XNO HOME
    Veronica 15 BYRD HOME
    Turbo 10 XNO HOME
    Tamara 5 UFA HOME
    Kailah 0 BYRD HOME
    Sam 0 XNO HOME
    Emmy -20 MOSS HOME

BG Level

I'm not even surprised by the twist, but I'm disappointed? Ok, I guess at least they're going to actually have the original pairs for the final which is a good thing, but this whole stage is a twist to give their favorites a second life. I was just trying to run the numbers in my head as to how many cycles of this stage there might be then they pulled that. While there is some complications bound to happen in the upcoming weeks with these two-team format, they were headed to some potentially tricky portions of the season with the dwindling numbers and we're not going to see the sense of urgency that was going to be coming naturally.

(But I guess I ought to be at least somewhat relieved because Olivia's position is in danger on that team if they lose one)

A bit OT, but I'm pretty sure Byrd (and Xno?) watch Survivor and I think I'm still laughing at that finale. Between that and The Challenge, I sat through 4 hours of hearing "Ride or Die" over and over and over. What the hell was that season? It didn't really click for me, but the nice thing about having that was always that when I'd get around to the Challenge, I could FF through commercials and now sadly I'll be watching this show live.

Anyway, challenges sucked as usual. Main one was fine, but terrible to watch and also terrible because of the mismatched teams. Elimination wasn't as strategy/endurance as they tried to pretend it was, when it was just "go grab the next tool".

Shout out to Kenny for actually having a self deprecating sense of humor. He's just too normal, but it was nice seeing that bit of him even though it made it clear that he was going to go.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thoughts:

Straight out of the gate, Moriah with the CLEAVAGE
    Devin sums up the team split pretty well.
    Tori is fucked up with this whole situation. Kind of understand, but feels like she's over-reacting.
    Puss N Boots cross promotion? Really? Well, it can't be worse than Survivor's Jack and Jill.
    God, this promotion is annoying. I mean, I love cats, too, but wtf is this.
    Faysal vs Kenny, really? Sacrificial lamb is probably the right strategy.
    Is there any chance Kenny doesn't go home today?
    I guess there's 1 chance in 3 if he draws the safe dagger. Otherwise, sayonara, Kenny.
    Kenny has a wife and kid? Did we know that already?
    Nice twisting camera work in the elimination to mimic the twisting of the wrench.
    So the Ride or Dies are not 100% eliminated? Still scoring them as eliminated.
    Marking these people as Redemption House for the time being.

Scoring:
    Jordan and Nurys doing some things in bed (5)
    Nany gets production on camera and ambulance extraction (15)
    Team Fessy wins challenge (10)
    Horacio wins elimination (15)
    Kaycee crying because Kenny got eliminated (5)
    Moriah wins cleavage (5)

Standings:
    Vil 600 3
    Headspace 535 5
    Byrd 370 3
    Moss 295 3
    Xno Kappa 220 1
    UFA 100 0

Olivia 160 VIL GAME
    Faysal 150 VIL GAME
    Nelson 145 HEAD GAME
    Moriah 130 HEAD GAME
    Horacio 125 BYRD GAME
    Tori 125 VIL GAME
    Nurys 110 XNO GAME
    Jordan 105 BYRD GAME
    Nany 85 BYRD GAME
    Aneesa 80 MOSS GAME
    Bananas 80 MOSS GAME
    Chauncey 80 HEAD GAME
    Devin 75 HEAD GAME
    Amber 70 MOSS GAME
    Jay 65 VIL HOME
    Michele 65 VIL HOME
    Colleen 60 MOSS HOME
    Kaycee 60 HEAD GAME
    Laurel 50 XNO HOME
    Johnny M 45 HEAD HOME
    Jakk 40 BYRD HOME
    Kenny 40 UFA RED
    Ravyn 40 XNO HOME
    Kim 35 VIL HOME
    Tommy 35 UFA HOME
    Analyse 25 MOSS HOME
    Darrell 15 XNO HOME
    Nam 15 XNO HOME
    Veronica 15 BYRD HOME
    Turbo 10 XNO HOME
    Tamara 5 UFA HOME
    Kailah 0 BYRD HOME
    Sam 0 XNO HOME
    Emmy -20 MOSS HOME

A bit OT, but I'm pretty sure Byrd (and Xno?) watch Survivor and I think I'm still laughing at that finale. Between that and The Challenge, I sat through 4 hours of hearing "Ride or Die" over and over and over. What the hell was that season? It didn't really click for me, but the nice thing about having that was always that when I'd get around to the Challenge, I could FF through commercials and now sadly I'll be watching this show live.
    Yeah, I also noticed that Ride or Die thing and laughed at it myself. I didn't really like this season of Survivor in general, but the finale definitely surprised me. I was pretty sure Cassidy was going to win with Owen having an outside chance. I was shocked, and it sure looked like Cassidy and Owen were, too. I certainly did not expect Gabler to win, and I sure as hell did not expect a 7-1 vote. Like ... what? I completely thought that guy was a goat that was getting dragged to the end because everyone was sure he could beat them.

Anyway, challenges sucked as usual. Main one was fine, but terrible to watch and also terrible because of the mismatched teams.
    Yeah, first one was interesting in theory because hypothetically, one person could beat all of the other contestants, but that really just boils down to whichever team Fessy is on is going to win that challenge because eventually, he can go every team and knock everyone else off, although it didn't come to that. Oh well.

Shout out to Kenny for actually having a self deprecating sense of humor. He's just too normal, but it was nice seeing that bit of him even though it made it clear that he was going to go.
    I completely agree. There has been a history of people who are too normal for this show, and none of them come back a second time, although I find myself rooting for them. Mike Mike, Abram's brother Mike, Kenny come to mind, and I'm sure there are more. hell, maybe Nam a little bit.

I'm glad my overly busy Wednesday nights are done. No more Survivor / Amazing Race / The Challenge back-to-back-to-backs.

BG Level

Meh. Another episode another challenge with the usual suspects completely controlling everything. Shit is tired. Read an interesting article about the appearance fees some of the players receive, mentioned how guys like Bananas and CT get almost close to six figures, and why it's in MTV's best interests for those specific players to go far in the game.

I will say I do enjoy the twist of the Ride or Die pairs still meaning something. Kenny seems like a genuinely good dude, but he's clearly not built for the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    I enjoyed this season of survivor. I thought there was some great game-play between Jesse, Karla, and Cody. Owen was a great underdog story. I thought Gabler played a unique game as well. I don't think he was ever on the wrong side of votes post-merge. On the contrary he seemed to be involved in some crucial ones by building some solid relationships, and it showed during FTC. Never once thought of him as a goat. Probably the first player to successfully pull off the "assassin for hire" schtick.

If anything I saw Cassidy as the one being strung along to the end. Ryan calling her out immediately for trying to take credit over something pulled off by the Ride or Die alliance was hilarious. It showed me she was never really taken seriously. Confirming what Karla told her to her face that most of the jury would not vote for her.

I'm surprised it wasn't closer between Gabler and Owen.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I'm glad my overly busy Wednesday nights are done. No more Survivor / Amazing Race / The Challenge back-to-back-to-backs.
    Wednesday nights have pretty much become family night in my house with those shows. We order takeout, get some drinks, and all link up to watch. It's a ton of fun lol.

BG Level

I never really saw Gabler as the winner until that reward early on when Cassiday/Owen said something like "I don't think he could win" which is code for "Gabler beats us in the finals". He did well at FTC and the win was confirmed with the "no, that was actually us" bit against Cassidy right before the end, but one vote from a jury sweep? Maybe Cody/Jesse just had a ton of sway on that jury, but also that people simply liked him more than they liked her. Still a weird edit for a guy who won in a blowout, but maybe that's what happens when all the production favorites leave in 7th-4th because they take each other out and they're left with this oddball F3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag