1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Change your SE password or set up 2FA, SE is facing third party attacks

I know a lot of people ignore or otherwise skip over the Lodestone entirely but this is a big one, make sure your account is protected.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...819f9200fcb0a7

We are currently experiencing an attack by a third party that is attempting to gain access to the Square Enix Account Management System by using a combination of email addresses and passwords that appear to have been obtained from other online services of other companies.
    * As a reminder, the Square Enix Account Management System allows users to log in using their registered email address. (https://sqex.to/9sXCU)

Using the same email address and password combination for your Square Enix account as you do for other online services increases the possibility of a third party gaining unauthorized access to your Square Enix account. Furthermore, even if your email address and password combination is not identical to those used for other services, there is still a high risk of your account being compromised if your password contains easily discernible patterns or sequences of characters, such as your date of birth.

Should you happen to be using the same email address and password combination on your Square Enix account as you do for another service, or if you are using a password that can be easily guessed, we strongly recommend changing your password immediately.

■ Resetting your Square Enix Password
    https://sqex.to/hpxjY
    We are currently mitigating the effect of the attack by restricting access to accounts that we believe may have been compromised by unauthorized users. If your Square Enix account login has been restricted, an email will be sent to the email address registered to your Square Enix account with instructions on resetting your password.

* Learn more about login restrictions: https://sqex.to/v7ekB

■ One-Time Passwords
    One-Time Passwords are temporary verifications which authenticate a user for a single login, making them highly effective against spyware such as keyloggers. We strongly recommend the use of One-Time Passwords in conjunction with your login ID and password for increased security against unauthorized access. A free software token app is available for smartphones (iPhone and Android).

* Learn more about One-Time Passwords: https://sqex.to/Wic4d

Should we continue to experience rising numbers of unauthorized access attempts, a password reset for all Square Enix accounts may be initiated. We would like to remind all users to be mindful of their account security in order to protect personal information and data.
    If you don't already have a security token and/or you are someone who reuses email/password combos this puts you most at risk. Keep your account safe!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Obligatory

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

@up or if you already don't have one (I had like 3 though lol, one from XI and then 2 from different copies of XIV I bought), the software token app for the phone is quick and painless to use, I hesitated a long time before installing it because tokes from other games were annoying to use, but theirs turned out to be quite easy and simple.

Really, not using 2FA for game accounts etc you care about nowadays is just asking for trouble.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The game itself gives you an in-game incentive to use it too. I always assumed everyone did. Lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

You'd be surprised how many in FFXIV and WoW do not use a token.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    You'd be surprised how many in FFXIV and WoW do not use a token.
    or anything in life

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Also I found this out AFTER I finally bought a physical token last year. Square finally is allowing you to say, use Authy, to two factor your account if you want to. So there's REALLY no excuse. Check here for proof..

And I say Authy b/c that's what I use to two factor my stuff b/c it helps me keep the amount of such things down. (It's basically Google Auth, well compat anyway so whatever works with Google's auth, it will.) Well, other than my Square Enix account because of the phys token.

But anyway I wouldn't NOT two factor my Square Enix account. Not after the first FFXI account thefts..I got a long memory and I remember that. No thanks to them stealing my miqot'e! Was using the software token before I swapped to the physical one, fyi.