1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Oh shit - the Gridanian Goldsmith was actually a Garleanian Goldsmith?!
    I do appreciate the devs realize this was a fan favorite little side story so they keep expanding on it every now and then.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Also for the main plot, just a nitpick but...

Spoiler: show
    Anyone else a bit disappointed Gaius didn't play a role in this patch? I know he didn't want to go when you first journey to Garlemald since he was worried his presence would make an already unstable situation worse. However since the situation is much more stable and they're beginning the first steps of rebuilding seems like it would be a good opportunity to bring him back.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I do appreciate the devs realize this was a fan favorite little side story so they keep expanding on it every now and then.
    Is there anyone that puts all these Story/Cutscenes together to watch? I've been out of the FFXIV loop for many years, I always liked catching up on all the MSQ and side stories tho.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Any pet job they'll add will most likely be a limited job at best. I think they don't wanna mess with pets considering the headaches they have with SCH and SMN.
    I'm so upset every time I do Dalriada or Castrum and see Lyon there with his one-handed axe and shield. They already have a weapon scheme for BST, just put it in the game!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

BG Level

Also give us more shield classes. Crossing my fingers the next tank job will be mace/shield.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'd be fine if they made materia not be complete garbage and actually had unique stats/buffs that you would change out depending on what you're doing. Maybe in 7.0 when Yoshi decides just making numbers go up isn't sustainable.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That’s what I’m thinking after lvl 100. Either a merit system, materia, or otherwise lvling/enhancing the job stone itself. They could even implement a separate Eureka/Bozja-like system for levels above 100.

He did say they would take it to lvl 100 at least so we’re safe for 7.0, but after that they’re not sure and might consider a lvl reduction like WoW. I am NOT for that system.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I would be fine with them stopping at 99 and then doing power ups like they did in XI, where you can directly level up specific stats and skills.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That was a discussion he had during the live reading of the patch notes. He wasn't sure if they were gonna go to 100 or stop at 99 for tradition for the next expansion.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm really skeptical they'll do anything like a merit system for this game for anything that isn't a side thing like Bozjan or etc. The main game/story/trials/etc are all designed to be as filthy casual friendly as possible (this coming from a guy who is a filthy casual, mind you). And I doubt they'll ever implement anything into the main meat of the game that could be as customizable and specific as like the XI merit system was.

If they do add anything, it'll be more or less identical as our current level up system with broad ranged and not player decided/specified stat growth that'll more or less be the exact same except with our current level just not going up and instead something like our "hero level" or rank or whatever going up instead

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don’t think anything like XI’s merit system will ever be in MSQ content. It would become required by a large portion of the player base and people would be excluded from content if they didn’t have XYZ merit in whatever category. It goes very against Yoshi P’s gameplay philosophy for XIV. I could see them revisiting it again in side content like they did with Bozja though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Got the new dungeon in expert roulette. On the final boss, healer died on the very first mechanic. Me (MCH) and a RPR and PLD tank 3-manned it and it wasn’t even close. Between RPR crest and MCH tactician and dismantle and PLD tossing out occasional Clemency we were never in any danger. It felt really good lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can we talk about how these crafted ruby weapons look better than the bozja relics god DAMN

Yeah, you're never going to see player-elected enhancement systems in this game solely because the community vehemently will go down the toxic optimization route if allocation is limited or a steep grind is involved for even priority upgrades. Personally, I always wanted materia to be more like ability modification options that could shake up how you'd play a job, but the very concept of DPS checks puts the kibosh on that idea the moment a DPS leans more toward a supporting role than damage, tanks shirking tank duties, or the compulsive healer urge to DPS that is, imo, shitty enough to deal with when you're dying to unavoidable AoEs and they just wanna parse higher. I'd say we have a better chance if content wasn't so rigid on the 4/8/24 line-up scheme, but it's not.

Funnily enough, this kind of shit is what I wish people would actually do with XI's private servers to both give jobs real pop and show players how things could be in the mainstream. Instead, they'll just masturbate over 75 cap blah.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Can we talk about how these crafted ruby weapons look better than the bozja relics god DAMN

Some do, the RDM looks like doo doo

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ultimate is gonna be pretty fun to follow this time with the server changes that SE has made. Can't wait for all the bitchin

BG Level

Server changes?

BG Level

So I finished the Tataru quest and it was pretty enjoyable and humorous in some areas. Though I do have one complaint...

Why did they tease me that sweet looking Tenzen armor and not make it the reward?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I’m pretty sure the English VO for Thancred voices
    Rubicante

in this patch, kinda interesting that they kept him on the pay roll for this patch

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The linkpearl emote makes the sound effect when you use it. Dear god. This is gonna be more annoying than the sweeping.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast