1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Patch 6.3: Gods Revel, Lands Tremble (January 2023)

Yoshi P hasn’t decided yet if they are going to launch on January 3rd or January 10th

New MSQ and dungeon, Lapis Manalis. Appears to be in Garlemald.
    New trial and extreme (not named)
    New 24 man “Euphrosyne” raid continuing the Twelve storyline
    New Ultimate (name not revealed as of now)
    New Unreal, Sophia
    Tataru’s Grand Endeavor will continue
    New treasure map exclusive to Elpis
    New Deep Dungeon: Eureka Orthos
    Trust system updated to include remainder of Heavenward MSQ dungeons
    Spear fishing and diving added to Upper La Noscea
    New Leap of Faith map added to Gold Saucer
    6 new housing wards per area
    New season of CC PVP
    New CC map, Kugane Castle
    New Island Sanctuary stuff
    Paladin rotation will see “significant overhaul”
    New UI changes like flying battle damage text differentiated by physical/magic/unique
    “Unique” damage is the term for stuff that raid boss mechanics do that can’t be mitigated
    Option to display remaining times for buffs/debuffs on icons in the party list
    4 man and 8 man parties will allow for adventurer plates to be displayed instead of player names. Seemed nice in theory but looked pretty obtrusive in the example screenshot.

New Hildibrand/Relic Weapon quests
    New Tribal quests, Loporitts. Will be crafting tribe.
    New Skysteel DoH/DoL relic weapon quests with Grenolt from the First
    New delivery quests. Leaf man in Il Mheg. Pixies looks like?

Misc:
    Blue Mage updates are “coming soon”, please look forward to it
    They have something special planned for the 10 year anniversary of A Realm Reborn launch in August 2023

Next live letter will go more in depth on 6.3 and will likely happen in late December

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Yoshi P hasn’t decided yet if they are going to launch on January 3rd or January 10th
    Probably January 10th considering they said they have xmas vacations this year (apparently they didn't before?) or just came back from vacations by then.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New UI changes like flying battle damage text differentiated by physical/magic/unique
    Option to display remaining times for buffs/debuffs on icons in the party list
    More things being added that people use add-ons for, nice. Now if only they'd do something about their client/server handling of action delays so xivalexander isn't needed for people on 100-150ms connections.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

and add buffering to macros. moactions is the best addon period

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Dang. So much for PLD being too cool to not have a 2 min meta rotation.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So cool they had to ride the bench while the starters took the field.

There are proactive tanks like Drk/Gnb, and reactive tanks like Pld/War. One are busted in Raids, where not taking damage is better than recovering it after the fact, and one that is busted for dungeons, where nothing hits hard and you can slurp that health back up.

Now, there are two types of Tank burst. One of which you already described: not on a 2 minute rotation, and one on a 2 minute rotation.

Gnb/Drk got 2 out of 2 right. War got 1 out of 2. Pld got 0/2. Guess which Tank rode the bench this tier the most?

Even putting damage amount aside, WHEN you deal that damage is just as important.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    and add buffering to macros. moactions is the best addon period
    Moaction is great but ever since the plugin dev had a hissy fit about not being appreciated enough and refused to update the plugin after a major break I haven't touched it since. Thankfully someone who isn't a complete manchild came along and made Reaction which is 200% more functional than Moaction and back up when Dalamud is back up because it's not written like an entry level programmer.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    So cool they had to ride the bench while the starters took the field.

There are proactive tanks like Drk/Gnb, and reactive tanks like Pld/War. One are busted in Raids, where not taking damage is better than recovering it after the fact, and one that is busted for dungeons, where nothing hits hard and you can slurp that health back up.

Now, there are two types of Tank burst. One of which you already described: not on a 2 minute rotation, and one on a 2 minute rotation.

Gnb/Drk got 2 out of 2 right. War got 1 out of 2. Pld got 0/2. Guess which Tank rode the bench this tier the most?

Even putting damage amount aside, WHEN you deal that damage is just as important.
    I know I'm just kissing around. I always thought the PLD rotation was a bit simple and felt off when I last looked at it since you do have quite a lengthy period of time without your melee or magic buff. That and I need to respec for more SkS if I ever want to get serious again.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

New Moogle Treasure Trove event begins December 12th until launch of 6.3

Notable this time, Aurum Vale is no longer a qualifying dungeon so RIP Blue Mage runs. I’m sure they will find something else to dominate though.

One of the reward mounts is the Falcon Airship, which previously was only available as a subscriber loyalty reward in 2017 or so. If you weren’t subbed then, this is the only other way to get it.

Now that Castrum and Praetorium have been modified they might be the main target people hit for tomes.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I’m sure they will find something else to dominate though.
    Brayflox HM most likely. I'm also curious to see how Big Keep trial holds up with coordinated speed kill groups given you can burn that fight down quick in DF via intentionally not resolving mechanics. 1tank/1heal/6 mch-or-sam-or-blu, or whatever else does absurd 50-cap dmg.

Now that Castrum and Praetorium have been modified they might be the main target people hit for tomes.
    They're still too slow, outside of people just rolling the dice on MSQ roulette since they still want the XP for jobs.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I legit will have gotten every single doggo mount via MTT. Excited to finally finish it lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I’m excited because I think that means the next MTT going into 6.4 will have Shadowbringers mounts finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I legit will have gotten every single doggo mount via MTT. Excited to finally finish it lol
    This is the way to do it because honestly fuck the Stormblood EXs except for Susanoo and Lakshmi.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

How are the Heavensward Ex's to farm?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can solo almost all of them now and duo/trio the rest. Zurvan and Sephirot should be the only ones you can't do alone.

BG Level

You can solo Sephirot on PLD with Hallowed Ground but it's pretty damn tricky.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yea had 0 problems soloing all of em on pld, only had to pay attention to Sephirot and Sophia rest were pretty painless.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I kill Zurvan pretty easy on MCH. In theory any DPS with burst timing could do easy.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sephirot you could do last expac on PLD, but it required some strict cooldown usage. Now it's just a joke since the increased level difference makes everything deal next to nothing.

Grabbing a buddy for HW duos shouldn't be to hard, either.

SB ones are just a tad too mechanics driven with some instant death bullshit sprinkled on top. Not sure how much EW power creep has enabled some degree of steamroll, but figure the dances still need to be done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag