1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

XIV content creators are the worst.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Pyro is pretty well known trash.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pyro always seemed to be on the spectrum to me imo and him having meltdowns pretty frequently was enough to turn me off of him

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    XIV content creators are the worst.
    Reaction content creators are the worst, only way to stomach watching any content like this is to play it at 2x normal speed. I don't give a shit about your personal opinion and bad take on why you're right and they're wrong every 10 seconds. How did we get to this point that this is what is the meta of basically all content creators? lmao

Because they're technically not creating.

Pragmatically, XIV doesn't leave a whole lot of doors open in terms of figuring things out and sharing that with the populace, and it's not like the high end doesn't like to keep that under lock and key for the stupidity of world firsts (or hiding cheating), either. But once rotations are figured out, boss mechanics, and so on, the game is pretty much static until the next batch of changes that may not even affect some things.

Perhaps the one venue that people actually CAN create is both underserved by the MMO industry at large and mocked by people that don't partake for one reason or another, and that would be roleplaying alongside tools to facilitate it (Housing is one, but rather imperfect here). Not that that's without its own drama.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Reaction content creators are the worst, only way to stomach watching any content like this is to play it at 2x normal speed. I don't give a shit about your personal opinion and bad take on why you're right and they're wrong every 10 seconds. How did we get to this point that this is what is the meta of basically all content creators? lmao
    Because its what people watch. Its cheap to make, easy to make and it "creates" more content related to the thing that people care about.

Plus people love meltdowns and parasocial relationships. None of this is new and none of it is hard to break down. If people didn't feed this shit, this shit would barely exist, because none of these "creators" would have made anywhere near enough money to do this as a full-time job.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Speak of Pyro, the last WoW expansion seems to have been generating some buzz - anyone doing content on it again?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Next live letter will be on March 31st, if current patterns hold that will put 6.4 dropping in mid to late May.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yoshi P was asked at the Pax East panel which FF game lore he would like to incorporate more into XIV, he specifically mentions 2 and 9 since they haven’t been used much, said he would like to do stuff with the 7 Remake specifically once that trilogy of games is complete, and then finished with “…and of course there is Vana’diel. (Awkward pause)….next question!”

I kinda feel like 2 manifested a lot through the Garleans and a literal Emperor making wide-scale conflict. Heavensward had the Hilda and resistance nod. Otherwise, with the game as story lite as it was, maybe the only real niche thing to draw from would be some excursion involving pirates. Which would be a good excuse to give Merlwyb more screen time.

Much as others seem to love 9 around here, I felt the world and story incredibly bland. Garland could be somewhat analogous to a mix of Ascians and Allaghans, but some war airship appearing out of nowhere would just be a Void Ark repeat. Ironically, weaving FFT in with the airship performers kinda stole that line from 9. Perhaps we could do a more formal interpretation of the original fiends, but that could arguably be seen as a 1 reference, too. Would some kind of Vivi and Black Waltz subplot work? Maybe? Honestly, if we try to shoehorn Steiner-like stuff, just bring back Gosetsu since he's practically him but a samurai. Freya, Quina, and Amarant things are non-starters beyond some winks and nods. Feel like Eiko and Garnet stuff loses a lot of meaning without Alexandria around. Zidane being interesting relies on the rest of the cast, too. And if we're going to have some kind of war about thief rep fans want to see, I feel like Locke would win that one and would have a better associated story to boot. But, maybe I'm looking too deeply into this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In other interesting lore stuff, he said we will learn more about the Heart of Sabik in the near future

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can see Zorn, Thorn, Kuja, Vivi and Black Waltz making an appearance in Meracydia, if we ever go there. Meracydia is highly isolated and are known to attack anyone that approaches. They might still hold a deep grudge and hate our continent, being the one the Allagan Empire stems from. They might have found a way to use the cloning technology used by the Allagan Empire to create an army of soldiers (the black mages and Black Waltz from FFIX) to wage a war against our continent, launching an invasion at some point, having us go there. Necron might be a cool trial/boss fight if it goes that route.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Actually, The more I think about it, it kind of makes sense to tie it in with the current storyline of the 13th, but not necessarily with Meracydia. Golbez is the current antagonist in there, having worked tirelessly for millennia to restore his world (Terra?). This is very similar to the storyline of Garland from FFIX, who rules over the flying castle (where we also fight a silver dragon, sounds familiar?) and has worked for millennia to restore his world. Garland from FFIX is even referenced as the antagonist from the original Final Fantasy, and even has the four fiends as a reference to the original, similar to the four fiends from FFIII with Golbez. Garland has a lot of quotes, which fits perfectly with the current FFXIV storyline of the 13th:

To live is to give life meaning, yet one must take others' lives to survive... Terra's souls will sleep until they forget such nonsense. They will begin a new life in a new dimension. It's a world in which life and death become one... That is the dimension in which we are meant to live, as beings that transcend life and death!
    Additionally, this is what he says in Memoria

Life is connected, one to another... If you trace the root of all life, there exists one source. The same can be said for memory. All life constitutes an intelligence that holds memory beyond experience.
    My guess for the future would be that Golbez has given up on trying to restore his world and hates the cycle of rebirth they're stuck with in the 13th. To truly live you must fear death, and sees a war with the First as a chance to truly live and free his world's inhabitants from the shackles of rebirth. So he manages to escape from the Thirteenth into the First, and uses Umbral Aether ("Mist", as they call it in FFIX) or Voidsent to create an army (Black Mages/Black Waltz) to wage a war against the inhabitants of the First.

Where this would take place, I don't know. But Meracydia certainly has potential as they could potentially be easily manipulated to help out with the war as they already hate outsiders.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Vivi is already in the game in the Hildibrand storyline…well it’s named Gigi but it’s Vivi basically.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Reached rank 7 with the Loporitts and got the mount, but the emote and triple triad card are locked behind rank 8. Ten more days. Sonuvabitch!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Vivi is already in the game in the Hildibrand storyline…well it’s named Gigi but it’s Vivi basically.
    Well, he's based on him sure. But he's a Mammet, doesn't rule out a Black Waltz story and the storyline surrounding Vivi and the other mages.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    I can see Zorn, Thorn, Kuja, Vivi and Black Waltz making an appearance in Meracydia, if we ever go there. Meracydia is highly isolated and are known to attack anyone that approaches. They might still hold a deep grudge and hate our continent, being the one the Allagan Empire stems from. They might have found a way to use the cloning technology used by the Allagan Empire to create an army of soldiers (the black mages and Black Waltz from FFIX) to wage a war against our continent, launching an invasion at some point, having us go there. Necron might be a cool trial/boss fight if it goes that route.

We've already had Zorn and Thorn characters appear on the first with the two gesters that lottery pick people to get turned into soylent green.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh, right, I completely forgot about those two

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Surely there's no other game 14 has stolen more from than 11?

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

There was that one event with Iroha and I think that was it?