1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I assume they more mean enemies and stuff though too.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post

I assume they more mean enemies and stuff though too.
    I honestly think the reason they haven’t repeated the Shantotto event is because they do plan to implement XI into the story very soon. 7.0 is pretty much looking to be Merycadia but perhaps 8.0 will be Vanadiel as one of the shards (after XI retail shuts down perhaps? We are talking probably 4 years or more away at this point)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Gredival would like to be buried with the FFXI servers, if it ever does truly die.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I honestly think the reason they haven’t repeated the Shantotto event is because they do plan to implement XI into the story very soon. 7.0 is pretty much looking to be Merycadia but perhaps 8.0 will be Vanadiel as one of the shards (after XI retail shuts down perhaps? We are talking probably 4 years or more away at this point)
    It would be interesting to see one of the shards (the eleventh shard just for reference sake?) be a FFXI one. I'm curious how they would do it though, would they base it on the original storyline with the leader of Jeuno being the bad guy (was a loooong time since I played it, his name escapes me) or would they go for an original/different storyline and just have references to FFXI?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think we’d get a reimagined Vanadiel and not necessarily a 1:1 upgrade. If they stick to their formula for expansions it’s gonna be two city areas and six zones, and that would leave a considerable amount on the cutting room floor.

Unironically you'd probably see the Abyssea variant or if Iroha's journey failed.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

If her journey failed, it'd be almost nothing left, literally.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Just use the reisenjima shrine that exists in 14s world, the stone that covers kouryu's well gets shattered and then out comes her.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    If her journey failed, it'd be almost nothing left, literally.
    Until we went to the First or the current foray, I'd say the general consensus was that a lost shard was truly lost and effectively nothing, as well. Granted, XI's use of the CoD would conflict with XIV's, but that could be hand-waved as the Ascians using a similar calamity or whatever on the two worlds.

Overall, I guess I'd just curb the hope the XI and XIV would effectively merge as games and what we know of Vana'diel would somehow become core here. Doubly so if there was some expectation of non-XI players knowing the events of the game to get the most out of it. As known potential starting points, those at least offer some familiarity. However, it just winds up something like "500 years in Vana'diel's future, blahblah happened!" I think you'd only walk away with a bunch of unhappy XI fans since most characters would be dead, locations unlikely recognizable, and so on. This is assuming they even take the steps to be more than just nostalgia model rips for a battle like FF6 got with the Stormblood line. I'd like to do more than just fight the expansion bosses, but is what it is, I guess.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Who's Iroha? I must have quit FFXI before then. How does that story compare to the main FFXI story before then (up to Wings of the Goddess I believe?)

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Until we went to the First or the current foray, I'd say the general consensus was that a lost shard was truly lost and effectively nothing, as well. Granted, XI's use of the CoD would conflict with XIV's, but that could be hand-waved as the Ascians using a similar calamity or whatever on the two worlds.

Overall, I guess I'd just curb the hope the XI and XIV would effectively merge as games and what we know of Vana'diel would somehow become core here. Doubly so if there was some expectation of non-XI players knowing the events of the game to get the most out of it. As known potential starting points, those at least offer some familiarity. However, it just winds up something like "500 years in Vana'diel's future, blahblah happened!" I think you'd only walk away with a bunch of unhappy XI fans since most characters would be dead, locations unlikely recognizable, and so on. This is assuming they even take the steps to be more than just nostalgia model rips for a battle like FF6 got with the Stormblood line. I'd like to do more than just fight the expansion bosses, but is what it is, I guess.
    Ignoring the fact that none of this will ever happen,

Spoiler: show
    the Emptiness had swallowed everything and everyone on Vana'diel aside from Reisenjima temple, the mothercrystal kept there, and Phoenix by the time we intervene in Rhapsodies and become a god to push the emptiness back with our astral winds. They'd have to either rewrite that all or not do it at all in terms of "if Iroha failed...". If Iroha failed there would be nothing left, nothing, not even Altana/Promathia(reborn as a wyrm god by that point in the timeline) would have survived as evidenced by 'Promathia' telling us he was chilling waiting to be swallowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Who's Iroha? I must have quit FFXI before then. How does that story compare to the main FFXI story before then (up to Wings of the Goddess I believe?)
    Heroine for the penultimate 'expansion' Rhapsodies of Vana'diel which came after Seekers of Adoulin and before the ongoing storyline (fan fiction more like): The Voracious Resugence. The quality of the writing is patchwork. Rhapsodies is a lot less offensive than TVR however it has a lot of things wrong with it imo. That said it's a good 'final' storyline for the game. Or it would have been if they didn't make another one after.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

She's the heroine of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, which was like a finale to the previous stories in the game. It's kinda hard to compare to other expansions because it was not as big, but it brings back some of the cooler characters and Iroha herself is pretty boss too. The story once again has a lot to do with time travel and feels kinda fan-fiction'y. And yeah, it being the finale kinda loses its strength after they decided to do TVR, which I also agree is a lot weaker than this was.

Unrelated:
    Stormblood can be claimed for free on S-E store until 8th May, if anyone cares, lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post

Unrelated:
    Stormblood can be claimed for free on S-E store until 8th May, if anyone cares, lol
    I have the game up to date on PS5 but on PC I only have ARR and HW so…this is actually good for me! Just in case the PS5 dies.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Based on the collaboration event with FFXI, isn't Iroha still technically in Eorzea or am I misrembering? Pretty sure she's stuck for the time being.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Unrelated:
    It seems like such an empty gesture of them, since you'd have to resub to be able to play it (trial accounts are not considered for this freebie), and buying the latest expac gives you all of the previous ones anyways.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Tonberry event is pretty adorable and this glam is gonna be top tier for months

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

6.38 next Tuesday (April 2)
    -Tome cap removed
    -PvP job adjustments
    -Crystalline Conflict season 6
    -NA data center hardware replacement

Will be a 24 hour maintenance

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It looks like mid-to-late May for 6.4, which is just the new tier Normal/Savage, new Unreal, and new Ex Trial. 6.45 will be around July/August, which will be BLU uncap, Variant/Criterion, Relic Weapon/Tool update. Whole lot of wait time for content that has a small shelf life.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah. I understand the reasoning, but the wait time between major patches has been too long this time around imo. Too much dead time. I hope they go back to 3 months for 7.0.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm fine with the wait times, I just wish the content they do release has staying power. Got me playing Granblue Fantasy again smh.