Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bot, RMT, Cheating Megathread

It may be New Years Eve, but in some ways things don't really change despite time going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Taj in 2007
    I’m sure most of us here would agree that botting is ruining the game. It takes away the chance for many legitimate players to gain what they work quite hard for and to be amongst the best. In spite of being there as often as possible, those without bots are almost invariably beaten out by those with them. So much of the game is no longer about skill, determination, dedication or knowledge, but rather about who has the best, fastest and smartest bot.

We are told repeatedly that bots are difficult to detect, particularly looking back later at the logs, even though almost all of us can recognize when a person is botting. You simply don’t get 10 of something in a row and expect people to believe you’re not botting when you’re up against 18 other people sincerely trying.

Today, let’s expose botters we all know as a step towards making the game more fun for everyone once again. I'll start.
    Awhile back I created a channel on the WTF in Vanadiel Podcast Discord just to start collecting a list, checking it twice, and with the intent of reporting who is a scumbag or not.
    • This is a small list, but has grown over the better part of the year from my random forays out into Vana'diel. More shall follow from myself, and anyone who submits to this thread.

Because lets face it, botting ruins the game in many ways. Unlike in ye olden days there is a lack of social pressure against it. To the point it is unabashedly out in the open, discussed publicly in various XI Discords, and even bragged about with screenshots of "better get my bot ready for this weekend" or players opens declaring it is fine because "that is just how it is now."

No, it is wrong, and the game has become the worst cesspool of botting, cheating, and complacency in its entire history. The stigma and social pressure around this needs to return in full force. Metaphorically these players need to be dragged out into the streets of Vanadiel and beaten senseless. So that they are known, unwanted, ridiculed, and ostracized. There is no excuse.

While it is easy to blame the faceless everyone. There are in fact faces to this, and this thread is here to report them. However, there are some faces that greatly facilitate the bots of the world.
    So when you are trying to smack some crabs in Bibiki Bay like they owe you money, and half a dozen bot parties are camping on top of you. Thank someone like Atom0s with his EliteAPI and Fface that facilitates this in the first place.

Remember around early February this year when most all of the bots suddenly stopped for several days? Well that was when Atom0s decided to remind everyone that they all have to maintain a certain pay threshold if they want their bots to work:

Quote Originally Posted by Atom0s
    EliteApi now requires an internet connection to work. (Shouldn't be a problem most 99% of use cases.)
    - EliteApi now can be remotely killed/blocked from working.
    - EliteApi now will require a monthly donation goal going forward in order to continue functioning until a rewrite has been established.
    Atom0s is well known, has made a living off of selling illicit tools in various games, and clearly does not truly give a shit about the communities he operates in. So while there are other fish, I am singling him out here specifically.

Ironic though for example, that he cares about work being infringed upon, but not the actual people themselves:
    Spoiler: show

So if I may borrow a quote from the above. To Atom0s and the others facilitating or participating in the extreme levels of botting and the rampant levels of cheating (fleeing, warping, anchor, etc), and gil buying, go fuck yourselves.

Happy New Year everyone. Submit your reports in this thread. Screenshots too, but keep it neat and make sure you are absolutely certain. This is not a witch hunt, but a witch execution.

Long live Taj.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This thread is not here to debate morality. No one should even engage in the conversation, at all. Simply report the person and move on.

I play on Asura, and will edit this thread with credible additions from other servers. Screenshots are welcome, but crop them down and spoiler tag them so that they aren't all screen consuming.

Asura

Botting/Cheating
    • Zuppa - Bots CP/EP, sends tells about morality when you /say they are botting, and sucks in general.
    • Worlaca - Bots a lot
    • Mikeypeedizzle - Bots a lot
    • Chiurilo and Soloripp - Bots CP/EP
    • Odysseuss - Bots CP/EP
    • Protius - Likes to savage blade spam Sovereign Behemoth for hours. Lies when confronted about it.
    • Presamacho - Cure bots Protius
    • Funond - Dies in Sih Gates while botting Apex Mandragora, lol
    • Groupietwo, Groupieone, Wildsmoke, Diabolikal, Suicidaldeathtar - Bot party for CP/EP, Suicial says they "cant be botting because they are chatting in say." lol
    • Draxel, Seiro, and Muttice - Bot party for CP/EP.
    • Katebi - Bots CP/EP, and acts like a clown in general spamming emotes or trash in say.
    • Coqauvin - Botting EXP in Escha Zi'Tah, got stuck on logs, and followed a mob across the zone until they MPKed themselves. Bad bot.
    • Devirez - Bots with the excuse that he "has no friends."
    • Morinohito and Klopp - Botting Bibiki Bay CP/EP
    • Dutchmasta, Kellyshea, and Wardrum - Botting Bibiki Bay CP/EP
    • Reylina, Jeroh, Baley, and more than half a dozen mithras - Cat harem botting UNMs. Probably part of Eriyls botting and gil selling, if I had to guess.
    • Ripffxi - Bots elementals in Ru'Aun.
    • Sunabsa, Zanbusa, Bugze, and Renlaketla as well as two other mules - 6 Boxer who uses Anchor, and Cure botting.
    • Toralin, Toratwo etc - Heavy RMT. Goes with the name Neoex in the scene. Acoountswappers.com dude. Sells also gil etc.
    • Livelearn - Chinese RMT
    • Zeroooo - One of the bigger chinese RMT. Most shoutbots are theirs. Likely has the most CP/ML bots.
    • Zirow, Zaqalex etc - Chinese RMT
    • Saevel - Whines that certain NMs are unfair and that makes them cheaters. With logic like that, he cheats with Anchor, React, etc.
    • Aceagain, Sandeo, Nasekeo, Kansa - Bots CP/EP
    • Lulutide, Divergence, Yyds, Yndiyop - Bots CP/EP
    • Icekomo, Lron, Peione, Maomax - Bots CP/EP
    • Luckky, Davien, Xingda, Shalalahe, Peupride, Resplendent - Bots CP/EP
    • Bigtaysr, Minitayjr, Taysan, Copycatay, Replicatay, Authoritay - Bots CP/EP
    • Immortta, Inem, Devimon, Angemon, Typral, Draylo - Bots CP/EP
    • Artoriusrex, Qbon, Legalis - Bots CP/EP
    • Syto, Hypersonics, Irradiance, Shostakovich, Akahne - Bots CP/EP
    • Echandra, Sallex, Alessi - Bots CP/EP
    • Kinggaklag, Leodude - Bots CP/EP
    • Sans, Miyamizu, Salemray, Otamarai, Samoj - Bots CP/EP
    • Dimz, Infadel, Baobai - Bots CP/EP

Paying Bots or RMTs and Gil Buying
    • Galkapryme - All of the above.
    • Suan - All of the above.
    • Lothloran - Pays bots at the very least.
    • Anglibert - Pays bots for Master Levels, and reguarly asks how to set up their own botting tools, but cant figure it out because they sucks at life.
    • Ecto - Yells propaganda about how RMT saved this game, GMs dont care and you dont, and this is all SE's fault so its okay for them to be an RMT.
    • Caiusx - Garbage enough player already, but they "make 6k a month so it is faster than the time they spend doing it themselves. so their time is worth more, lol".
    • Sirblast - Pays bots for CP.
    • Airscape - Pays bots for CP.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

you have some incredible delusions if you think anyone cares about BOTTING CP enough to metaphorically have these people "dragged out into the streets of Vanadiel and beaten senseless"
    Taj was referring to world spawn nms, this list is beyond pathetic and all you appear to be doing is trying to incite witch hunts with tenuous proof lmao this thread and you are retarded

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    you have some incredible delusions if you think anyone cares about BOTTING CP enough to metaphorically have these people "dragged out into the streets of Vanadiel and beaten senseless"
    Taj was referring to world spawn nms, this list is beyond pathetic and all you appear to be doing is trying to incite witch hunts with tenuous proof lmao this thread and you are retarded
    Like a true autist, can't let things go. It's OK, he's isolated to asura, which is all trash anyway.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

you really think retail wouldn't be completely dead right now if not for bots and rmt? lol asura has a bigger problem with mercs creating an environment wherein every bit of the content is for sale and no one is actually doing anything.

bringing in the new year with spectacular fail, brilliant play

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

at least when the NASA user lists were released people were relatively certain it was legit. a handful of names on asura with absolutely zero proof means little

Oh now this is tasty. We ain't had fuck all for drama in a hot minute bois, let's fuckin do it.

Your list is lackluster and dogshit though, I can spend 10 minutes and get 100 names just in the major zones. Bibiki Ranps Bhaf and CN. They aren't even subtle about it, aargeo aarwhm aaarbrd

....meh who am I kidding lol, just a dicktease, no drama to be had, no posters to be found.

I take back my previous statement. It took a couple days but people did take the bait. Disappointed in them. But entertained.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Oh now this is tasty. We ain't had fuck all for drama in a hot minute bois, let's fuckin do it.

Your list is lackluster and dogshit though, I can spend 10 minutes and get 100 names just in the major zones. Bibiki Ranps Bhaf and CN. They aren't even subtle about it, aargeo aarwhm aaarbrd
    Yeah, because I casually added them over time. If any of us tried we could add 100 more, that's the problem. That being said, go for it and I can edit and add them in to the second post. It is preferable to get the more real players than the "AaabbbccccGEO"s though. Unless we know the main account that controls them then it doesn't help much.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Toralin, Toratwo etc - Heavy RMT. Goes with the name Neoex in the scene. Acoountswappers.com dude. Sells also gil etc.

Livelearn - Chinese rmt

Zeroooo - one of the bigger chinese rmts. Most shoutbots are his. I'm pretty sure this guy has the most cp/ml bots.

Zirow, Zaqalex etc - Chinese RMT

Have yet to confirm if its more than one person or if that Zeroooo guy does everything on hs own.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Anyone doing business with Neoex is asking to have their shit taken. Dude scams every other "customer" he has.

ayyo Spicy!!!
    why you mad bro?
    can't beat them? well then join them! just click run and sit back and enjoy the show! maybe rub one out while you ungimp your char on auto!

for real tho... its now 2023 wtf you mad about.
    just enjoy your self. someone out botting your party? guess what!? there are a zillion camps and they are all easy to get to!
    its not like the old days where you would spen an hour just getting to the camp to EXP for a half hour then the party falls apart!
    chill out homes.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

It's always a great laugh when someone who also openly violates the games ToS tries to call someone else out for it. All you've done is drawn an invisible line in the sand declaring what you personally feel is 'ok' to use vs. what is 'not ok' and are calling out people who don't adhere to your made up standards. You should also call out the entire Windower team, Ashita team, your linkshell members, your podcast co-host, etc. who all openly admit to using various tools/addons/plugins/etc. You have confirmed this yourself on your podcast. (Yes I have listened to episodes in the past because I do actually care about the game and try to keep up with things even though I don't and haven't actively played for years.)

In the eyes of Square, anything third-party violates their terms of service, there is no mentality of 'well the community thinks its ok so it must be ok' with them.

So taking that into account, you're personally no better than anyone using any kind of third-party tool for the game.

From your own admissions, your own videos/screenshots, your own usage on various sites, you violate the terms of service as well by using:

- Windower
    - FFXIDB (minimap)
    - GearSwap
    - Timers
    - Equipviewer

You use third-party sites that break the ToS in order to function such as:

- FFXIAH - Uses third-party custom tooling to connect to the AH servers directly.
    - BGWiki - Uses third-party tools to decode, decrypt, dump and reimplement the information from the games DAT files.
    - FFXIDB - Uses plugins for Windower (Guildwork/FFXIDB) to collect information from players to build its site information.

Your own guides explain to people how to use these things as well.

In SE's eyes, it's all against the rules and would lead to a ban if they caught you using any of it.

Note to the creators of anything I listed above, I am not calling you out or anything, just pointing out this manchilds hypocrisy.

As for more specific points to your post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Because lets face it, botting ruins the game in many ways. Unlike in ye olden days there is a lack of social pressure against it. To the point it is unabashedly out in the open, discussed publicly in various XI Discords, and even bragged about with screenshots of "better get my bot ready for this weekend" or players opens declaring it is fine because "that is just how it is now."

No, it is wrong, and the game has become the worst cesspool of botting, cheating, and complacency in its entire history. The stigma and social pressure around this needs to return in full force. Metaphorically these players need to be dragged out into the streets of Vanadiel and beaten senseless. So that they are known, unwanted, ridiculed, and ostracized. There is no excuse.
    Uh what? Everything related to third-party tools for this game has ALWAYS been out in the open and easy to find. What are you talking about? The only place it wasn't discussed was in-game for obvious reasons. You can go use WayBackMachine (web archive) and go look at all the various sites from back in the day that completely and openly discussed everything thirdparty for this game, including Windowers forums. No idea when you started playing, but if you think it was hidden back in the day, you're clearly mistaken. Was there some hidden/private tools made over the years? Sure. But they do not even come close to making up any amount of majority in comparison to what all is available that can be found easily or openly discussed.

FFXI has always had third-party tools made for it, since the literal start of the game. Regardless of what kind of tool it was (cheating or not) they've existed.

While it is easy to blame the faceless everyone. There are in fact faces to this, and this thread is here to report them. However, there are some faces that greatly facilitate the bots of the world.
    So when you are trying to smack some crabs in Bibiki Bay like they owe you money, and half a dozen bot parties are camping on top of you. Thank someone like Atom0s with his EliteAPI and Fface that facilitates this in the first place.
    Let me enlighten you on some facts/information in regards to the third-party / RMT scene since you are just making up nonsense that isn't true. Firstly, I am not RMT personally. I don't sell anything in-game. I don't even play the game and haven't for years. And when I did play, I wasn't RMT then either. I have personally never sold anything in-game. I still own and have my only and original character as well. I have never owned a second account/character. (Not including mules on the same account obviously.)

Next, you're sorely mistaken if you think my API fuels the RMT market. Not even close. The (very few) Chinese RMT that make use of the open source bots using my API (ie. CurePlease, EasyFarm etc.) are the ones you see disappear from shouts when things update/break. That is not even close to any meaningful percent of the actual RMT on this game. They are just a small vocal group that do not give a shit about being banned. They literally cycle alliances worth of characters every week. They start up a group fresh each week, bot as much as they can, transfer gil around characters and get banned shortly after.

The actual RMT on this game do not use my API or public bots. They make their own stuff entirely. And guess what most of those people write their frameworks/bots in? Windower addons.
    OH NOES! BETTER STOP USING WINDOWER AND POST THEM AS BEING EVIL BOTTER PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD!!

My API is also nothing special, it is simply the current iteration of a tool/interface that has always existed for this game. Here's a quick rundown of the history in regards to similar things that have existed:

- Pre Windower days; JPs had their own tooling/interface that did similar to pull some basic info from the game.
    - Azaril (the original Windower creator/dev) created a similar interface called FFInside. This was later deprecated because its functionality was moved internally into Windower and other tools replaced it.
    - FFACT was the next major/main replacement. It interfaced with XI and was used with another third-party tool, for a different game, called ACTools. (I was part of the team that made this.)
    - FFACE came after, made by RZN, which eventually replaced FFACT when it was discontinued. (I inherited this when RZN walked away from XI.)
    - EliteApi was a fresh interface API I made because FFACE's code base was not ideal to use/continue supporting.

In regards to what my EliteApi offers, it's nothing special. Everything it does can be done in Ashita or Windower addons. And guess what? People already do that.
    There's copies of both CurePlease and EasyFarm that remove the need for my API and make use of a Windower addon instead written by someone else.

My API is literally not special, at all. It's simply there to replace an interface that existed before it to keep various tools working. (It's not just bots that make use of it either. You just prefer to focus on that aspect of things.)

Remember around early February this year when most all of the bots suddenly stopped for several days? Well that was when Atom0s decided to remind everyone that they all have to maintain a certain pay threshold if they want their bots to work:
    'most all the bots' is again, entirely wrong. The only ones affected were the low-effort Chinese RMT that don't care about being banned and cycle characters weekly.

As for the changes to my work, if you actually did any effort to fact check yourself (which we all know you never do), you would have found it was done on purpose to actually help remove those Chinese RMT from using my API. I'm sure you won't believe me, and I don't really care if you don't, but during that down period, I added several backend checks/code and some connection related things to specifically target those RMT to make the API stop working for them.

In regards to the money stuff, its my software. I'm completely within my own right to ask for some means of kickback for it. I could out right charge money for it tomorrow, it's still perfectly within my right to do so.

Atom0s is well known, has made a living off of selling illicit tools in various games, and clearly does not truly give a shit about the communities he operates in.
    My being well known does not come from 'selling illicit tools for various games'. Feel free to show me any ounce of proof that is why I am well known, in any games community. In XI, my reputation comes from the countless years of time I've put into this game to create and release things, for free, for people to enjoy and use. 99% of what I have done for this game is released for free. The small 1% of things I have done that have any kind of money linked to it are just that, a miniscule part of my time.

Let alone 'made a living'. You think the money I make from the tools I do ask for a donation to use, or the small amount of donations that the API has brought in is a living lol?
    You're insane. If I tried to live off that income alone, I'd be homeless.

My income and living does not come from anything related to XI at all. This game and the work I do for it is nothing but a hobby. I enjoy reverse engineering games, making tools and sharing information.

So while there are other fish, I am singling him out here specifically.
    You singled me out because you are a butthurt manchild that thinks I am sitting here making millions off this game. You couldn't be further from the truth on anything you've said.

Again, I don't RMT. Never have and never will. I still own my original, and only, character/account. I never sold gil or items from it either.

I am not part of the RMT scene of this game either. The closest to it I am is that my sites Discord offers channels for people to buy/sell/trade. But I have literally no involvement in the transactions.
    I do not middleman or offer any kind of service like that.
    I do not make a cent from those channels or any transaction that happens.

I don't make anywhere close to even 4 figures from this game, let alone 6-7 like some of the people that RMT do.

The work I do, and many other third-party devs do, is thankless work. The only time I get feedback/communication from most users is when something breaks and they come to bitch about it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Really vilifying people for botting a 20 year old game with the worst exp curve introduced in recent memory while he peddles NFTs/crypto/metazoo/magic30th/whatever ponzi scheme gullible manchildren are currently falling for.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    It's always a great laugh when someone who also openly violates the games ToS tries to call someone else out for it. All you've done is drawn an invisible line in the sand declaring what you personally feel is 'ok' to use vs. what is 'not ok' and are calling out people who don't adhere to your made up standards. You should also call out the entire Windower team, Ashita team, your linkshell members, your podcast co-host, etc. who all openly admit to using various tools/addons/plugins/etc. You have confirmed this yourself on your podcast. (Yes I have listened to episodes in the past because I do actually care about the game and try to keep up with things even though I don't and haven't actively played for years.)

In the eyes of Square, anything third-party violates their terms of service, there is no mentality of 'well the community thinks its ok so it must be ok' with them.

So taking that into account, you're personally no better than anyone using any kind of third-party tool for the game.

From your own admissions, your own videos/screenshots, your own usage on various sites, you violate the terms of service as well by using:

- Windower
    - FFXIDB (minimap)
    - GearSwap
    - Timers
    - Equipviewer

You use third-party sites that break the ToS in order to function such as:

- FFXIAH - Uses third-party custom tooling to connect to the AH servers directly.
    - BGWiki - Uses third-party tools to decode, decrypt, dump and reimplement the information from the games DAT files.
    - FFXIDB - Uses plugins for Windower (Guildwork/FFXIDB) to collect information from players to build its site information.

Your own guides explain to people how to use these things as well.

In SE's eyes, it's all against the rules and would lead to a ban if they caught you using any of it.

Note to the creators of anything I listed above, I am not calling you out or anything, just pointing out this manchilds hypocrisy.

As for more specific points to your post:

Uh what? Everything related to third-party tools for this game has ALWAYS been out in the open and easy to find. What are you talking about? The only place it wasn't discussed was in-game for obvious reasons. You can go use WayBackMachine (web archive) and go look at all the various sites from back in the day that completely and openly discussed everything thirdparty for this game, including Windowers forums. No idea when you started playing, but if you think it was hidden back in the day, you're clearly mistaken. Was there some hidden/private tools made over the years? Sure. But they do not even come close to making up any amount of majority in comparison to what all is available that can be found easily or openly discussed.

FFXI has always had third-party tools made for it, since the literal start of the game. Regardless of what kind of tool it was (cheating or not) they've existed.

Let me enlighten you on some facts/information in regards to the third-party / RMT scene since you are just making up nonsense that isn't true. Firstly, I am not RMT personally. I don't sell anything in-game. I don't even play the game and haven't for years. And when I did play, I wasn't RMT then either. I have personally never sold anything in-game. I still own and have my only and original character as well. I have never owned a second account/character. (Not including mules on the same account obviously.)

Next, you're sorely mistaken if you think my API fuels the RMT market. Not even close. The (very few) Chinese RMT that make use of the open source bots using my API (ie. CurePlease, EasyFarm etc.) are the ones you see disappear from shouts when things update/break. That is not even close to any meaningful percent of the actual RMT on this game. They are just a small vocal group that do not give a shit about being banned. They literally cycle alliances worth of characters every week. They start up a group fresh each week, bot as much as they can, transfer gil around characters and get banned shortly after.

The actual RMT on this game do not use my API or public bots. They make their own stuff entirely. And guess what most of those people write their frameworks/bots in? Windower addons.
    OH NOES! BETTER STOP USING WINDOWER AND POST THEM AS BEING EVIL BOTTER PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD!!

My API is also nothing special, it is simply the current iteration of a tool/interface that has always existed for this game. Here's a quick rundown of the history in regards to similar things that have existed:

- Pre Windower days; JPs had their own tooling/interface that did similar to pull some basic info from the game.
    - Azaril (the original Windower creator/dev) created a similar interface called FFInside. This was later deprecated because its functionality was moved internally into Windower and other tools replaced it.
    - FFACT was the next major/main replacement. It interfaced with XI and was used with another third-party tool, for a different game, called ACTools. (I was part of the team that made this.)
    - FFACE came after, made by RZN, which eventually replaced FFACT when it was discontinued. (I inherited this when RZN walked away from XI.)
    - EliteApi was a fresh interface API I made because FFACE's code base was not ideal to use/continue supporting.

In regards to what my EliteApi offers, it's nothing special. Everything it does can be done in Ashita or Windower addons. And guess what? People already do that.
    There's copies of both CurePlease and EasyFarm that remove the need for my API and make use of a Windower addon instead written by someone else.

My API is literally not special, at all. It's simply there to replace an interface that existed before it to keep various tools working. (It's not just bots that make use of it either. You just prefer to focus on that aspect of things.)

'most all the bots' is again, entirely wrong. The only ones affected were the low-effort Chinese RMT that don't care about being banned and cycle characters weekly.

As for the changes to my work, if you actually did any effort to fact check yourself (which we all know you never do), you would have found it was done on purpose to actually help remove those Chinese RMT from using my API. I'm sure you won't believe me, and I don't really care if you don't, but during that down period, I added several backend checks/code and some connection related things to specifically target those RMT to make the API stop working for them.

In regards to the money stuff, its my software. I'm completely within my own right to ask for some means of kickback for it. I could out right charge money for it tomorrow, it's still perfectly within my right to do so.

My being well known does not come from 'selling illicit tools for various games'. Feel free to show me any ounce of proof that is why I am well known, in any games community. In XI, my reputation comes from the countless years of time I've put into this game to create and release things, for free, for people to enjoy and use. 99% of what I have done for this game is released for free. The small 1% of things I have done that have any kind of money linked to it are just that, a miniscule part of my time.

Let alone 'made a living'. You think the money I make from the tools I do ask for a donation to use, or the small amount of donations that the API has brought in is a living lol?
    You're insane. If I tried to live off that income alone, I'd be homeless.

My income and living does not come from anything related to XI at all. This game and the work I do for it is nothing but a hobby. I enjoy reverse engineering games, making tools and sharing information.

You singled me out because you are a butthurt manchild that thinks I am sitting here making millions off this game. You couldn't be further from the truth on anything you've said.

Again, I don't RMT. Never have and never will. I still own my original, and only, character/account. I never sold gil or items from it either.

I am not part of the RMT scene of this game either. The closest to it I am is that my sites Discord offers channels for people to buy/sell/trade. But I have literally no involvement in the transactions.
    I do not middleman or offer any kind of service like that.
    I do not make a cent from those channels or any transaction that happens.

I don't make anywhere close to even 4 figures from this game, let alone 6-7 like some of the people that RMT do.

The work I do, and many other third-party devs do, is thankless work. The only time I get feedback/communication from most users is when something breaks and they come to bitch about it.
    It is almost inconceivable in this day and age to read someone equivocating Timers or BG Wiki, of all things, and facilitating botting. Yet here we are, wow. This was clearly not about the ToS, it is about the impact of botting and by proxy wanton levels of RMTing as a result. it is about how the chorus of botting/cheating has reached a fever pitch, and you absolutely have a hand in that.
    As per the second part of the OP I have been and will continue ignoring the nonsense and usual hollow tropes that come with this territory. Furthermore, how nostalgic to also see the BG boards and by proxy elements of the XI community remaining true to the historic form of being a cesspool. Aren't we just all so proud?
    That being said, I did call you out directly while pointing out that you are by no means alone. So I will respond just once in my typical mediocre fashion. As I simply can't do enough justice to this with a plain diatribe, but that will be it. I will not go point by point here as if we are having a conversation. Which is better for us both anyway.

You went through visible lengths to obfuscate and play down your involvement in what I would assert could only most aptly be described as an utter shitshow on the retail version of this game. No individual with any adequate level of integrity and honesty would respond to criticism of their impact on botting with any form of equivocation to Timers, FFXIAH, or fucking BG Wiki. Let alone anything aforementioned that is more grey, as it is obviously beyond the point.
    It does not matter if other tools still exist, and insinuating that CurePlease or EasyFarm are not popular is either out of touch or gutless dishonesty. Nor does it matter if you made a killing or not. You profit from it and participate in it across more than just this game is the point. Making you little more than a dishonest dealer to point towards. Additionally, forced donations are not donations, but demands. Which people are obviously paying for such things on a black market as it is of value to them. Seeing as how you have not pulled the plug on it on the condition of being payed some arbitrary value of "enough". It crosses a line after previous lines already being crossed.

Hence, your downplaying of all of this as "nothing special", "readily available", "within your right" (lol!) along with all the other bullshit in your response. Reaches what can fairly be called a whitewash. I care nothing for the mental gymnastics you have to do in your mind to justify it all. You are but a part of the problem, and refuse to take any reasonable level of responsibility. Instead, focusing on being pedantic over minor aspects of the post. As well making sure you let everyone know you are not an RMT of which you were not accused of being despite admitting you help facilitate buying/selling/trading in your Discord. Painting yourself as the good guy even, for singling out Chinese users. Merits little less than a big "yikes".
    Sidebar, but I also find it ironically comedic for you to have been a character named Wicccaan when you clearly eschew upholding their one central tenant. After all, harm is nonexistent when you excuse and trivialize the subject.

Finally, there is one other thing of which I think should not be left to stand. To sit there and lump third party devs into one group of which you are going to stand behind after all that. Only to bitch that the work you wish to engage in recreationally and also tied to a monetary reward is thankless, like some whiney cunt. There are people reading this that have also helped facilitate the infrastructure of this game. For you to sign off that way and cast yourself as the victim. Not only makes you look like a big pussy, but in my opinion spits in the face of those who have contributed to the many interwoven threads that have composed of this community over the course of two decades. Who even if they understand the sentiment of negative feedback, as I assure you I do too. They do not stand up like a "manchild" bemoaning the path they walked down and people they engaged with. Who do not ask for nor expect to be thanked for their recreational time even though they do receive such anyway. Often times they are even unknown to the community, but they have never stooped to such a level. So for that and everything else in this post, go fuck yourself.

Thank you for anyone engaging in this by so far by reporting solid names to the list. This will hopefully add up in the end.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Now THIS is pathetic.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Happens when you can't let go of a 21 year old game.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I made a character on Asura to pick up some goods not readily available on my server during cheap server transfer available. While there, I sent Spicyryan a tell but he never answered. He was in Bibiki Bay, so we can safely presume he was afk botting master levels.

Someone should add him to this witch hunt list.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Complaining about people botting CP in the year of our lord 2023 is the most pathetic thing ever. You are literally a grown ass man complaining about botting in a 21 year old dead game.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Happens when you can't let go of a 21 year old game.
    This.

Shit was out in 2004. Move on.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Here’s my list for Ragnarok when I played back in 2019. I remember these names so well. Here you go:

Literally everyone

Watch out, Spicy. Some of those on my list probably still play.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast