+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

As I recall he's forbidden from outright denying reality anymore so let's see how long he lasts.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    As I recall he's forbidden from outright denying reality anymore so let's see how long he lasts.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

There's going to be so many participants in the first GOP debate lol

https://twitter.com/akarl_smith/stat...4KsnoVP4Q&s=19

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The loyalty pledge is amusing.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They just don't want Trump to be a sore loser and make an independent run, although I can't imagine he flubs this. It took a lot to get him to pledge to support the eventual winner last time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Going to be funny AF when they all take a loyalty pledge and Trump doesn't show for the debate (or pledge).

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don't know if he will skip. I feel like Trump doesn't prepare for debates anyway since he knows his voters don't give a shit about policy, but he loves the spotlight and a chance to just lay into people, so he'll go anyway. Not like he gives a crap about breaking the pledge (if it mattered). The only thing that matters would be states with sore loser laws.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Oh, there is no way he loses the nomination if he is still alive for the primary voting. The question is just how hard he will debase these 1% "running to be Trump's VP, despite the fact that he tried to get his last VP killed" losers (inc. Mike Pence) on the way to winning the nomination.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

"Tried to get the VP killed"
    "make him a martyr to stop the steal of the election"
    "to-may-to"
    "to-mah-to"

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    I don't know if he will skip. I feel like Trump doesn't prepare for debates anyway since he knows his voters don't give a shit about policy, but he loves the spotlight and a chance to just lay into people, so he'll go anyway. Not like he gives a crap about breaking the pledge (if it mattered). The only thing that matters would be states with sore loser laws.
    Right. Why does anyone think Trump would ever honor a pledge like that? lol

Not that he will lose the nomination.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"Why did you break your promise to support the winner"

"First off, I won. I have to have won because I'm a winner and winners don't lose. But that's what smart businessmen do. We don't lose. Why would I not run and lose when I can run and win. Fake news."

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Truthfully i don't see him bothering with a debate considering his hold on the party. He would get more views by doing a live stream and talking shit during the debate instead.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It makes no strategic sense for him to do the debate. If it is only the other candidates, no one will watch. Being on the stage with them legitimizes them, increases the number of people who will see them, and gives them the opportunity to take shots at him.

However, Trump doesn't run on logic and loves to be on TV.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Nothing Trump ever did seemed like a smart move strategically. That line of thought just doesn't work for people that would ever vote for donald fucking trump. Going to the debates puts him on tv, and keeps people talking about him. Thats all he cares about, and that counts as a win for his supporters.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Shrödinger's Candidate.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Christie to announce his campaign tonight at a town hall meeting in Manchester, NH.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

The only way I can think of the GOP or his advisors telling him not to debate is if they feel that the debate would invite more of the democratic base to vote against him than it would republicans vote for him. Otherwise, nothing he says during the debate matters. He's not trying to convert voters, he's trying to rally existing supporters. Being on TV does that. He can also continue to pump up Truth social. It's a win for everyone if he's on TV. More exposure. More anger. More money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    The only way I can think of the GOP or his advisors telling him not to debate is if they feel that the debate would invite more of the democratic base to vote against him than it would republicans vote for him. Otherwise, nothing he says during the debate matters. He's not trying to convert voters, he's trying to rally existing supporters. Being on TV does that. He can also continue to pump up Truth social. It's a win for everyone if he's on TV. More exposure. More anger. More money.
    This is why i said it would be a good (And frankly funny as fuck) move to live stream the debate with him Twitch style. Could you imagine how many people would watch that over the debate itself? And he would be the star without anyone to talk directly to him or call him out. I really can't believe he hasn't done something like this already.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I feel like I know why. Trump ranting at rallies and town halls and whatever is plenty popular but it's not even close to the level of viral as Trump going at a direct opposition in a debate. Trump was literally a nothing level non serious candidate until he started obliterating GOP candidates in the 2015 debates. Ask Jeb how that worked out.

Trump is absolutely at his best and in his element when he's cutting people off and insulting them on live TV. Basically been the case for like 50 years. Nothing will come close to as much publicity as that, sans a DOJ conviction. And that would be the opposite effect.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag