+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CatsEyeXI General Discussion

Hello BG,

I'd like to open up this thread to any questions or comments you have regarding CatsEyeXI. Ask me anything!

For sever details see the post in Private Servers Details thread.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've talked a lot of shit about private servers in the past. In fact I still do, but I really like this server and the team behind it. A great deal of the gripes I have with privates are alleviated here.

After a casual month on the server between the brief static gatherings and things on retail XI. I have enjoyed being on it quite a bit, and I was surprised with just how welcoming the entire community was. I am now within reach of 75 now, and I am interested in delving into endgame. Custom content and all. Lets see this hype behind Domain Invasion, lol.

Probably wouldn't have played it as much if it weren't for the chance to obtain any item of my choosing before the new player campaign ends this weekend. Which, I don't want to come off like I am shilling for this (I'm truly not) just that it got me into it and enjoying it more.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Reached 75 and Rank 10. Picked a Mythic weapon as my new player campaign reward. Which was just in time as the campaign ends tomorrow.

Having a great time though.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Really enjoying my time here. Has really well thought out QoL adjustments and allows me to get all the nostalgia I need from the 75 era. The community is really good too, 250+ on weekends, and the MOD team while a lot on their plate is always willing to provide support where needed, especially with immediate concerns and issues that prevent a user being able to player or progress.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Spend your login points this weekend so you don't lose them.

Adventurers, periodically we release a survey to better understand where we stand with our community. We want to hear your thoughts on how we're doing. Please visit the survey below to let us know how we can improve, and so that we may better plan our future on CatsEyeXI.

https://forms.gle/AYGh5gfJLC5YspJJ7

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Now that I have been made into an NPC. My life's work and ambition has been fully realized.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Is it a guard in Stalingrad?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Is it a guard in Stalingrad?
    It isn't quite that heroic.

Fishing Quests Added!
    ■ Inside the Belly has been added. - [GM]Carver
    ■ The Gift has been added. - [GM]Carver
    ■ The Real Gift has been added. - [GM]Carver
    ■ The Sand Charm has been added. - [GM]Carver
    ■ Under the Sea has been added - [GM]Carver
    ■ A custom Pirate Attack event has been added to the Ferries bound for Mhaura/Selbina. There's an 11% chance that a ferry will be attacked by pirates. Please be aware that this is custom content, it's not 100% retail accurate. Crossbones, Blackbeard, and Silverhook will all spawn during the event and have a chance to drop their respective cudgels.

Jeuno Quest Added
    ■ A Reputation in Ruins has been added. - [GM]Carver

Item Updates
    ■ Mage's Ballad II has been added as a drop to Yagudo Chanter in Castle_Oztroja_[S] and Meriphataud_Mountains_[S] - [GM]Carver
    ■ Our custom Ultimate Weapons have been added to Jailer of Love at a rate of 12.5% (See below) - [GM]Hax
    ■ Login campaign items have been updated and should become active today (JP Midnight) - [GM]Neckbeard

Misc Fixes
    ■ Sneak Attack and Trick Attack will now stack with physical blue magic spells - HUGE thanks to Kelppo (whoever you are)
    ■ Dancer Mythic Weapon Terpsichore will now correctly proc it's Step Bonus. - [GM]BOX
    ■ Spicy Traveler might now correctly offer free rides to those who've met the Daily Quest objective (last minute fix), Please let me know if it gives infinite free rides. - [GM]Carver

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by CatsEyeXI View Post
    ■ Spicy Traveler might now correctly offer free rides to those who've met the Daily Quest objective (last minute fix), Please let me know if it gives infinite free rides. - [GM]Carver
    Oh, I give free rides, alright.

Also, digging the fancy JoL weapons. Looking forward to the challenge.

Dear Adventurers,
    The CatsEyeXI development team is pleased to unveil another glimpse into our forthcoming Crystal Warrior Gameplay Mode. We hope you enjoy the new content we have been diligently working on.

Mark your calendars! On June 2nd, 2023, you’ll be able to create and reserve your Crystal Warrior characters and names, ahead of our mid-June launch.

In anticipation of this momentous occasion, we extend a cordial invitation to join our Discord community on Wednesday, May 31st at 5:00PM EST as our esteemed GM Neckbeard unveils a presentation revealing some of the new and exclusive armor sets for each job, and other rewards which await Crystal Warriors upon completion of their milestones.

You asked, we listened: We felt some apprehension regarding the “Reset to Level 1 on death” mechanic in the Crystal Warrior game mode. To alleviate these concerns, players will now have the choice to opt-in to “Unbreakable” mode (at Level 1) which carries this harsher penalty, but accumulates milestone points at an increased rate. Standard Crystal Warriors will no longer suffer this penalty.

For the most recent updates, please check our website regularly at: www.catseyexi.com

Be sure to join the Crystal Warrior conversation on our Discord at: discord.gg/catseyexi

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Now, people may or may not be skeptical about Crystal Warrior. However, when the team hires a voice actor that sounds like fucking Gandolf. Then you know they are at least trying pretty hard.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As the wiki pages for the server continue to grow and Showcase their potential. I'd like to introduce the new sets for crystal warrior.

Here

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Sounds pretty pog, if I had time I'd probably dive in.

Hey fam, I wanted to let everyone know that we are launching Crystal Warrior this Saturday, June 10th at 12:00PM EST
    You can check out the complete patch notes Here.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by CatsEyeXI View Post
    Hey fam, I wanted to let everyone know that we are launching Crystal Warrior this Saturday, June 10th at 12:00PM EST
    You can check out the complete patch notes Here.
    I am excited to see how everyone likes it.

That, and to see the work put into these sexy pages come in handy (hehe..) for the community

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

But the pages are incomplete works in progress..

I've done it!
    Spoiler: show

On a side note, does the two character limit include Crystal Warrior characters? In other words, will I have to delete one of my two normal characters to create a CW?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag