1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 15 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -6 hours, -9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

BOOOOOO they killed machinist 3% chance to kill shot with chainsaw in PVP. Those were always the best when they proc

DRG getting free true north with dragon sight is nice

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

what

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I.e. to keep other magical dps in line where they belong

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

MSQ felt like a slog for the most part this patch... although the end was pretty dope.

I'll say I'm glad
    Spoiler: show
    people's theory that Zero will become Zeromus did not come true. Of course you gotta feel bad for Azdaja, but ya know

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Oh wow, I need to learn how to claim that, since I technically own ARR/HW on Playstation
    Looks like it has to be downloaded from the FFXIV product page, and you have to download it every 30 days to verify you are still a PS Plus subscriber

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

You all still pay for teleports?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finished the raid series, best of the Endwalker raids imo. I love that normal mode has honest to goodness healing checks. My first blind group was caught off guard by it and was convinced we were supposed to tank LB3 it and I was like naaaaah fam healers just gotta pay attention lol

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are they actually healer checks, or more mitigation checks that never happen because your average tank/dps pugs never pay attention to castbar AoEs?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Felt more like mit checks. After coming from the last raid tier, I'm convinced the average (and even above average) raider has fuck-all sense for using mits. How many Mchs don't use disassemble; how many GNBs refuse to double-mit dual-busters and just get one-shot while the other tank is fine at 40%.

I approve of this new era of fights where if the entire team isn't sharing responsibility for mits, people get fucked. Do your damned job and work with your team instead of only for yourself.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Aetherfont dungeon feels like probably the weakest of all EW dungeons. Incredibly uninspired. No fun mechanics, basic ass enemies who just get a new paint job. And yet another kraken boss. Why does the kraken boss get the FF4 boss battle music? It made sense with Scarmiglione and Cagnazzo, but this should have been regular EW boss music.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

To add to that, I'm not a fan of dungeons with relaxing music, makes it even harder to concentrate on something so mundane without a good bop in the background. Yeah, definitely agree this was a weak dungeon. Wonder if content quality will pick up again now that they're done with XVI

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    The Aetherfont dungeon feels like probably the weakest of all EW dungeons. Incredibly uninspired. No fun mechanics, basic ass enemies who just get a new paint job. And yet another kraken boss. Why does the kraken boss get the FF4 boss battle music? It made sense with Scarmiglione and Cagnazzo, but this should have been regular EW boss music.
    I mean, it's not like that Kraken Boss design was from FF4 or anything.

But I actually enjoyed the 2nd Boss a lot, got chaotic af.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

All the dungeons are becoming tailored to Trusts, which is why they are increasingly more mundane. Dungeons weren't that unique before either, but now it's super apparent how safe their dungeon design is.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

MSQ done, felt very very brief compared to other patches so I’m hoping that means they are holding something big for 6.5 and 6.55 to hold us over to next expansion. New trial was decent. It didn’t feel gimmicky like Rubicante did.

Overall I’d say B to B+ rating for this patch based on the strength of the trial and raid series. MSQ and the dungeon was pretty weak. The Tataru quest was fun but brief, good closure on the Werlyt story.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

After doing the final raid battle a few more times I find myself laughing each time
    Athena does her limit break and talks shit, the way she says TREMBLLLLEEEE sound like some mom telling their kid a bedtime story and trying to make a scary voice

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Data miners have found new emotes/mounts added in 6.4 that have not yet been released, hiding in spoiler for those that enjoy the surprise

EMOTES

A magic trick emote flagged as Chinese region only and store locked
    New color variants of the glow stick/rave emotes. Same animation just different colors
    A “super hero landing” emote, probably tied in to the super sentai summer event
    A Harry Potter-esque wand spell casting emote, likely for the Halloween event

MOUNTS
    Axalotl mount, from Pandeamonium savage final tier
    Shadow Wolf mount, probably going to be the new Blue Mage savage reward mount since BLU will be able to do Eden raids soon
    A motorcycle and side car mount, a 2 seater featuring Alpha in his Garlond Ironworks uniform. It’s adorable but I have no clue where it could be coming from since there have been no hints of further story content with Alpha, and if it was going to release with TOP you’d think it would have already been released with the fight. My two guesses are perhaps a new totem reward for TOP, or maybe a fan fest exclusive mount.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The sidecar mount has the music Fanfest2023 music attached so that's where it's gonna be from.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    You all still pay for teleports?
    Teach me how you get so many lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character