Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by EGWe View Post
    I would love an Eden 2.0, I always said that the perfect private server is the one that truly mirrors era (no horizon custom bs) and is single box.

Right now Eden suffers from many problems, and for 2.0 to succussed it needs to address all these problems. Single box is one problem but there are many

1) Avoid having staff play the game.
    2) Disable account sharing/inheritance. People having shared accounts with relics/100 crafts just there to use at any time ruined Eden big time.
    3) Disable the ability for players to logout their characters in zones with HNMs (or limit them with some sort of a penalty).
    4) Disable any kind of characters behind doors to open (ruined COP/missions experience to shout for any alt at door x)
    5) Disable alts on mining points
    6) be careful on who you take from Eden as staff to this server (many known power tripping mods). Well most of them play the game so that invalidates #1

and this is a big one but consider limiting/disabling mercing or selling of rare/ex items (at least not in yells/main channels like Horizon doing right now).

I basically listed everything I dislike on Eden, but single box is a big one.

Best of luck !
    1. This is very difficult to avoid and not realistic. It's a hobby for many in their free time. It would be pretty difficult to tell staff volunteering to help that they can't play.
    2. I actually agree with this but remember I'm not staff. Just wanted to mention I do personally agree with this due to the impact it has on the game.
    3. There's no way you could prevent this. If Billy wants to go to Aery and log off because he works all day and Fafnir opens up just as he's getting home, why would someone want to penalize Billy for doing so? This doesn't even make sense to me. I get that you probably felt at some point that other people had an advantage over you or something at HNMs, but limiting people to one account will take care of a lot of the issues we've seen in the past that came about as a result of account sharing and multiboxing.
    4. Well when people only have one character, I doubt they're going to spend their days as a door bouncer.
    5. Back to the issue of having a single character online. This gets taken care of already. I can't speak for how staff might want to further limit player character numbers on one account.
    6. I think this is obvious. Repeating that I am not staff, though. And to answer Spicy's question, "Who will be staffing this?" That would be Godmode to approach people he wants on staff or if any of Eden's current small team of devs want to help him. I can't speak on that really since that goes beyond my knowledge and involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    The hate on dual box is mostly due to Wings PR about how awfull Dual Box is when they made their single box server, there are some issue with unlimited char but the dual box one is exagerated, I remember posting on Reddit and being spammed in DM by anti Eden people making non sense about dual boxer
    This isn't true at all. If you were around on Eden 2018-2020, it was a topic that grew over time as people became more aware of the impact it had on endgame, especially with NMs and HNMs. By the time Wings came about, Eden's HNM scene had gotten pretty toxic for a bit, and people having 20 accounts to plop at different HNMs didn't really do much but add more fuel to that fire.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by CatalinaWineMixer View Post

This isn't true at all. If you were around on Eden 2018-2020, it was a topic that grew over time as people became more aware of the impact it had on endgame, especially with NMs and HNMs. By the time Wings came about, Eden's HNM scene had gotten pretty toxic for a bit, and people having 20 accounts to plop at different HNMs didn't really do much but add more fuel to that fire.
    This is a totally different issue, unlimited account is an issue, dual box, not so much, I also think shared/gifted account are an issue too

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is a totally different issue, unlimited account is an issue, dual box, not so much, I also think shared/gifted account are an issue too
    They go hand-in-hand. Players would log out their different accounts all over the place at different HNMs and log between them when camps overlapped. The super sweaty campers always had two claimers per camp as well. And obviously there were players who would tri/quad box in the field as well. Either way, a new Eden would have to be single box. Repeating that I'm not staff, but I don't see Eden 2.0 working if they allowed dualboxing again.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Single box is fine I prefer it myself, but it is much more important to limit the amount of characters someone can have and restrict account sharing as those as much more damaging to a server than dual box

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Single box is fine I prefer it myself, but it is much more important to limit the amount of characters someone can have and restrict account sharing as those as much more damaging to a server than dual box
    I agree with limiting/restricting account sharing/inheriting. It was an issue for sure on Eden. I'm sure it's a topic staff will discuss if the project proceeds.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Keep sharing the google link if you guys can. I've only posted here. Someone mentioned posting on reddit but it got deleted? I'm not sure what's going on there.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unless you can reach CE/Horizon PR/Discord, I don't think you'll reach many people interested, everyone I know on Eden is not starting over to the same server with single box being the only difference, I can see CE/Horizon people trying it

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What is the tally now?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    What is the tally now?
    57 responses, only 22.8% say no.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

EDIT: Delete

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Since there have been a lot of questions going around, I asked Godmode if there was anything he wanted to change (e.g., RMT patch, HNM windows, claim shield, etc.). His response was that staff would have to discuss that if the project proceeds, so it's possible things will be changed, yes. Also I asked if he would consider adding WotG later on. His response was that he's thought about it, but it would still be something for staff to decide, not for him to decide completely on his own. Hope that answers a few questions. He mentioned that once we see a little more interest we can create some kind of non-official public forum for people to ask him questions. However, he wanted to stress that he can answer community questions with his own opinion on things in game, but he doesn't seem to intend to change anything that doesn't get approved by a staff vote.

tldr Godmode doesn't want to be the sole person making decisions and wants to have staff vote on things to change/not change if the single-box Eden project proceeds.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CatalinaWineMixer View Post
    Since there have been a lot of questions going around, I asked Godmode if there was anything he wanted to change (e.g., RMT patch, HNM windows, claim shield, etc.). His response was that staff would have to discuss that if the project proceeds, so it's possible things will be changed, yes. Also I asked if he would consider adding WotG later on. His response was that he's thought about it, but it would still be something for staff to decide, not for him to decide completely on his own. Hope that answers a few questions. He mentioned that once we see a little more interest we can create some kind of non-official public forum for people to ask him questions. However, he wanted to stress that he can answer community questions with his own opinion on things in game, but he doesn't seem to intend to change anything that doesn't get approved by a staff vote.

tldr Godmode doesn't want to be the sole person making decisions and wants to have staff vote on things to change/not change if the single-box Eden project proceeds.
    nice

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How would staff be decided ? Will it be the same staff that did Eden => Horizon and would jump ship again on the coolest new thing if that server would ever become popular ?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How would staff be decided ? Will it be the same staff that did Eden => Horizon and would jump ship again on the coolest new thing if that server would ever become popular ?
    Reminder I'm not staff but from what I've been told, once Godmode sees enough interest he was going to approach current Eden staff to see who might be on board. I don't know how many devs they have right now. All I know of are godmode, Aether, and Ino. As for GMs, I know that he's talked about finding ways to use a bot to automate some of the processes. When Samuraijake was streaming on twitch yesterday, Bass was in the chat, and the topic came up. She mentioned she would be willing to be a GM and not play, which I think a lot of people want to see happen considering past controversies. (Not saying she's definitely on board but she did mention this.) The general feeling I get is that he thinks a smaller team is best. He did say once we have about 150 people showing interest we could set up a discord or something for people to ask questions so keep passing the link around. Since we are limited to sharing here and in player discords it's a little slow to get the word out but we go up a little every day. Nine more clicks since yesterday and still 23% at no and the rest yes/maybe

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't like the effect that I believe this would have on the existing Eden server.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

At the least, I believe WotG up to a certain point being a part of the future for a single-box Eden would be best. A copy of Eden that is purely single box may not have as big of draw these days with so many other options available. There's a lot of content already implemented on Eden, which have gone through numerous iterations, leaving little in the way of major content remaining to code long-term. I know there is still a lot of various work to be done behind the scenes improving things. However, as far as what players care about most, there's few major tasks left. So, while daunting, I think working to emulate WotG content in some capacity would be a good goal to strive for. I also know a lot of players want a server with 75-era WotG properly implemented.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't like the effect that I believe this would have on the existing Eden server.
    I don't think it would impact current Eden much as it is very close to it's original goal and the people still playing there are not going anywhere, if Nasomi is still going current Eden will stay alive either way, if anything I see this attracting people from other server that don't play on eden because they don't want dual box or they don't want to catch up.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think it would impact current Eden much as it is very close to it's original goal and the people still playing there are not going anywhere, if Nasomi is still going current Eden will stay alive either way, if anything I see this attracting people from other server that don't play on eden because they don't want dual box or they don't want to catch up.
    It would certainly detract in resources one way or another. That is simply how it is.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It would certainly detract in resources one way or another. That is simply how it is.
    Maybe, I'm not sure Eden plan to release more than Einherjar/missing assault, but if the plan after that is just to "keep thing running" I do not know how many resources that require I wish they would release WoTG but that is so much work (and a lot of WoTG stuff are a lot less documented than ToAU Era, I'm not even sure it is possible to release "accurate WoTG)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In terms of resources, if you mean staff, we don't know yet if any of the current devs want to help with a new server if it happens. For the GMs, Eden's current GM team is very small and some work on Horizon so I think it's safe to assume it would be new GMs. As far as any impact on Eden's current population, a lot of the people who still play there have a million accounts. If they chose to play on eden 2.0 as well, they would just be doing that while camping Fafnir anyway. Those of us who were on the server a long time already have all the current content completed so there's not a lot left for us.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag