Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by CatalinaWineMixer View Post
    In terms of resources, if you mean staff, we don't know yet if any of the current devs want to help with a new server if it happens. For the GMs, Eden's current GM team is very small and some work on Horizon so I think it's safe to assume it would be new GMs. As far as any impact on Eden's current population, a lot of the people who still play there have a million accounts. If they chose to play on eden 2.0 as well, they would just be doing that while camping Fafnir anyway. Those of us who were on the server a long time already have all the current content completed so there's not a lot left for us.
    Resources are anything that benefits the server; in this case staff, players, etc.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

ITT: people who can't make their own server trying to capitalize on Eden's announcement a year ago to go open source, use Edens code for themselves, and also poach Eden's dev team.

Count me out

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    ITT: people who can't make their own server trying to capitalize on Eden's announcement a year ago to go open source, use Edens code for themselves, and also poach Eden's dev team.

Count me out
    I disagree with you, this would be a Godmode (+ some of current eden dev); not just randomly "stealing" the code

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Count me out
    no good deed goes unpunished

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Count me out
    Not the case at all. The idea has been tossed around on and off for a couple of years or more at this point. Considering Godmode was Eden's original owner, I don't know how this is poaching. If anyone were going to release a single-box Eden, he is the one I would trust the most.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not the case at all. The idea has been tossed around on and off for a couple of years or more at this point. Considering Godmode was Eden's original owner, I don't know how this is poaching. If anyone were going to release a single-box Eden, he is the one I would trust the most.
    Looking to take staff and players from Eden either directly or indirectly. As well as pitching it as Eden 2.0 rather than something different, is entirely poaching.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We did reach page 4!

From discussing with various people from various server this is what I got:

Eden players: this is too soon game isn't even finished on Eden yet
    Horizon players: this would be great kinda bored with COP/weird balance change/PAFO
    CE(but from wings): I would like to try, CE didn't work for me, too different from ERA

Looks like this would work I guess

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    We did reach page 4!

From discussing with various people from various server this is what I got:

Eden players: this is too soon game isn't even finished on Eden yet
    Horizon players: this would be great kinda bored with COP/weird balance change/PAFO
    CE(but from wings): I would like to try, CE didn't work for me, too different from ERA

Looks like this would work I guess
    Eden players are already playing. Horizon players are being assumed here of just leaving their community and starting over. Vast majority of Wings players on CE have either converted modes or moved on already.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is what various people from different server are telling me, I don't think people would fully leave there server for a single box, there would just dual box 2 servers (many do already)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Speaking of ressource, I would assume a single box server would only happen when original vision of current Eden is done, so I assume if people with coding skill volunter to help current Eden to get everything working faster, we'd get single box eden faster.

Also it would be usefull help as it would be used on Single Box Eden later down the road anyway, and it would make more staff willing to make single box eden happen if people go code there!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Close to 150 now with only 30% saying no, so the trend continues as numbers go up despite a few trolls and even a staff member from another server trying to give out the wrong information.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Any update ? I would guess this ain't happening anytime soon ?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    Any update ? I would guess this ain't happening anytime soon ?
    Sorry! Super busy irl these days. I just asked Godmode. He responded that at 150 yes's he wants to do a livestream. It's hit 150 responses and over 100 are yes/maybes.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Livestream when? Discord when? Real official confirmation from godmode when? This taking too long and we are not sure if real or fake, godmode can say something?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Some of this seems very odd. Where is Godmode in all of this? I haven't seen him reply once here or on the reddit post related to this. In fact, his own staff member from Eden replied (on reddit) and seems to have no clue about any of this.

Having an arbitrary number of yeses on a poll in order to do a stream or make a discord also seems very odd. It's pretty obvious that a single-box server that has any relation to Eden at all would be successful (if even just the original owner of Eden backing it), so why the poll at all?

With all of that said, if this is indeed legitimate, I would love to play on a single-box server run by Godmode. There has never been anything as close to era as Eden and I would love the opportunity for a fresh start on a server that aims to replicate classic XI as close as possible. I truly feel that many people (based on talking to friends, people in-game, etc.) are only playing on Horizon because they wanted a single-box experience, a fresh start and Horizon did a very good job of advertising themselves as a professional team that would do a good job of running a server. I for one have no interest in a group of people deciding what should or shouldn't be in my classic era XI experience and the amount of custom changes that have already happened and will continue to happen is not for me. Many people are stuck on Horizon because of no real options at the moment. They don't want to go to Eden because it's old at this point (or they don't want to dual-box) and there are simply no other quality classic era servers out there.

I think this would be a massive success and I can only it hope it comes true in the near future, whether that is from Eden going open source and someone making a new server from that source code or Godmode himself doing it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyracoon View Post
    Livestream when? Discord when? Real official confirmation from godmode when? This taking too long and we are not sure if real or fake, godmode can say something?
    This was never going to be something that would just drop in like a month. Godmode is around. He's literally the one who said he would do a livestream after about 150 yes/maybes, which we're about to hit. I'm planning to approach a streamer to host Godmode and ask community questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doza View Post
    Some of this seems very odd. Where is Godmode in all of this? I haven't seen him reply once here or on the reddit post related to this. In fact, his own staff member from Eden replied (on reddit) and seems to have no clue about any of this.

Having an arbitrary number of yeses on a poll in order to do a stream or make a discord also seems very odd. It's pretty obvious that a single-box server that has any relation to Eden at all would be successful (if even just the original owner of Eden backing it), so why the poll at all?

With all of that said, if this is indeed legitimate, I would love to play on a single-box server run by Godmode.
    Eden's staff hasn't been approached about this at the moment. Godmode planned to do so if he sees there is enough interest. I just agreed to get this data for him so that he could make his decision on moving forward. No, this isn't a hoax or whatever else weird rumors have gone around. I previously mentioned this is an idea that's been tossed around for a couple of years, but it was set aside when Horizon came out. I'll see about getting GM to start chiming in or something so people stop speculating. Appreciate the patience.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm planning to approach a streamer to host Godmode and ask community questions.
    Spicy Productions presents....

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I reached out to Godmode today since our numbers are nearing 200 responses now with almost 150 yes/maybes. I've also approached a streamer from the FFXI private server community about hosting GM and asking questions. We were thinking a combination of prepared questions and then taking a few from viewers. If schedules align, we should have the stream in June.

Keep sharing and passing around your friends!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'd recommend posting this on r/FFXIPrivateServers for more exposure. I think someone mentioned that it had been posted before (not sure if it was by you), but it was removed due to personal attacks or something like that.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Doza View Post
    I'd recommend posting this on r/FFXIPrivateServers for more exposure. I think someone mentioned that it had been posted before (not sure if it was by you), but it was removed due to personal attacks or something like that.
    It was posted there by a player who apparently can't behave. It wasn't me or GM who made those posts. I did share the link though in someone's thread so we didn't create a completely new one for it. I appreciate anyone who has helped pass this around. For those asking, 150 was simply an arbitrary number GM came up with for when to do the stream.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag