Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

LS - Current State - Dynamis, Do you likey?

MmmmK! Well after tonight it looks like the dual LS dynamis broke and left Wiffleball with 1 main LS (umm bg). Tonight we had to invite a lot of newcomers to make it so that we had enough people to do the Dynamis. We can't have this every week. Even tho the LS is only for Dynamis, it cant be open ended to everybody who is avaliable because that way we will never be organized when things get tougher. So right now if you are not in BG but are serious about wanting to do this Dynamis thing twice a week then please post on here and let me know. We need people who want to show up more than most of the time so that we all know our jobs and know each other well enough to do these with some ease.

One issue that comes up in an unorganized dynamis ls is the currency distribution. We used to split the currency between the 2 linkshells involved in dynamis but since we didnt have the dual ls dynamis tonight we let the currency random. nothing will ever get done by randoming currency so im going to have to say that once agan Berticus lots on all currency and that currency as a whole goes to the BG ls. I'm aware people outside of BG wouldnt like this but its the only way the currency can be put to use for anybody. And since this is run by BG only now, its just something im going to say we do. This can change if i start to notice a larger group from another ls coming. or say i put a number on it, like if 10 from a 2nd ls show up then we will start splitting the currency by the % of members from each ls. But ill say again that the open ended invitations to this ls need to stop for organization purposes. So that would mean those 10 from a 2nd ls would need to be 10 who are constantly around during these events.

So for now i am really interested in those who are serious about keeping with dynamis. So if youre lvl 70+ then let me know by posting on here to let me know and to ask any questions you have. Private message me if you want as well. I'm not going to make a final roster. I dont want to treat this like a 7th grade baseball tryout, but whether you can be somebody we want to show up every few days depends on what job you are, how many of that job we have and how many total people we have. Because (tho i might regret this idea when we do the harder dynamis') we really cant have a huge dynamis or there will be too many complaints about not winning AF lots. and rightly so since thats one of the main objectives in dynamis. Oh and I'm only talking to those who have only been to 1 dynamis with us, or even none. Koy Voltfest Canibus and the others who always show up, already deserve all the opportunities that come to us for dynamis.

New rules to help organization may also be made before the next dynamis so expect a few changes, but those who have shown up in the past might not have anything to worry about, we will see. I'm sure i forgot something i was thinking but whatever, plz respond with any thoughts

Dynamis Wed 9:00pm est. Sun 4:00pm est.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey yummy

i would be glad to help with dynamis in anyway , it was something i wanted to do.

i understand about the currency issue , maybe we can work something out.

yea so im serious about doin it. So send me a tell if im allowed to be a part of wifleball . =P

Orange

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The reason why most of the members from are stopping from going to the weekly dynamis is because of the childish attitudes. You are allowed to talk crap about someone sure, no one is stopping you but don't expect to insult someone infront of them or their friends and not get retaliated on.

Tonight was a good example and by publicly displaying a snippet on your website just proves my point (especially coming from berticus, one of the leaders of BG? very mature)

You also have to realize that when there is more then 1 LS involved, one does have priority over the other no matter what the numbers are. Why? because its the moral thing even if you think it's illogical. It is done as a whole and is discussed before and after something is done. If someone suggest something, automatically ruling it out because you personally don't like it is just wrong.

Sorry I don't have more to say, I'm sleepy. If you are going to quote me on this (and i do expect you 2), don't run your mouth and say F you, F you here and F you there because thats just the kind of attitude some of you have shown me and i'm expecting it. It just gives me another reason to dislike you, but ofcourse, I always keep it to myself.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

zigma.. your worthless.

you speak about people and their attitudes.. yet you are one of the first to toss out an insult. i seem to remember you taunting joft when he didnt get AF2.. how mature is that?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

um i dont think i (or most others) have disrespected you in any way zigma, until now i guess... we know who the trouble people are and so do you. As for BG everybody knows that Joft and Arnolectz like to cause problems by talking too much shit. Yes they do act childish when they yell at others but the responses just add to it. It's true it might take some disipline to to back away from some of their shit, and i would never make an excuse for when they act in the ways you know im talking about... but its just something that people have to ignore... it gets 10 times more difficult when people throw shit back at them that is just as childish. We had probably the best Dynamis so far last night, and im sure one reason is because the players who came ignored their shit and just did a good job.

anyways... of course BG always hada little priority in terms of rules in this dynamis LS because the BG numbers were always so much bigger than myth... with that being said what kind of fricking suggestions are you talking about? I listened to everything, took everything into account, and when you look back, because of the rules, BG are the ones who have lost out in terms of % of lots won. Our rules gave equal chances for everybody to win. So i really dont care to hear any excuses about how things werent working out. Berticus Quicklet and I are the ones who have always discussed the rules. If you are talking about some shit that got denied by joft, well then you talked to the wrong person. We said to make any suggestions of requests on this forum... so i guess this is a start. and if you will, keep at it cause this is something that needs to be talked about.

ever since the beginning the BG:myth ratio was at most 29:15. i have them all on record from the money splits.
    then, after we made level limits so the people who NEVER leveled might level up, they just stopped coming. it got down to 31:10, 26:8, and low bs like that. yesterday, at bastok, it was 26 BG and 4 anbu. not only was yall's attendance dwindling, you guys have been refusing to level.

in our defense, the bottom line is this.
    our main target is not to get AF2 for ourselves. for BG, our main target is clearing beau/xarc. we figure that we won't be able to come near either at this rate, so we are going to try to fix it so that we can. AF2, relic, and dynamis money, while all very nice, are secondary objectives and are just parts of the process of beating dynamis.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Anyways the point of this post wasnt to fight about old shit, it was to see who is in to complete our long term goals.

oh and to be more fair to arno and joft... well, i think arno is just a grumpy old man and, um you just have to get to know joft :D

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Malign
    zigma.. your worthless.
    haha, this is exacly what i'm talking about. I think you fail to understand that yes, I joked on him about the lot but I have never:

1)called him or others bad players
    2)insulted him or others
    3)disrespected him as a person or player

can you relate to that? I guess you can't, after you said I was worthless.

um i dont think i (or most others) have disrespected you in any way zigma, until now i guess...
    No you have not disrespected me; but you disappoint me (not you exacly) when you talk and insult people i've known for years and some in real life. (again now saying it's you, I show nothing but respect for you. )

So now i'm hated apon because I publicly point out some stuff I see and stuff I am troubled by (And I am sure others but they do not wanna say anything just avoid problems)

I guess I did come out on offensive on my last post but most of the problems I listed are still true and i'm sure i could of said it in a more down to earth manner, But I didnt. I'm sorry.

Bert, people do level but they also don't revolve around the game and they do their best. Keep in mind it's a game and not a 9-5 job.

Now, I want this to work out, sure I do. But I don't think it will after what happend so far in the long run. It does not hurt me personally because I am able to do all this in my LS (i'm not just in anbu) but it hurts others. It would be selfish for me to turn my backs on them when they've sacraficed so much for me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    Bert, people do level but they also don't revolve around the game and they do their best. Keep in mind it's a game and not a 9-5 job.
    Let me rephrase this and add a touch of something I call "reality"

Quote Originally Posted by Joft
    Bert, people do level but they just don't level their main, highest level job. Keep in mind it's a game where the most fun thing to do is level multiple jobs to 70 or less and then stop, and level another job, not actually doing anything like dynamis. Besides, people like Mrwatermonkey have the benefit of the whole in mind when they level jobs like ranger (we only have about 6 of them right now) and this LS should realize that we should wait a few more months before attempting more dynamises until they feel comfortable with leveling their main job again.

we don't want members' lives to revolve around the game if that's not what they want
    it's not what we're asking
    rather, we want members who are interested in the endgame. for gaijins who don't/can't hunt HNMs consistently, it seems like dynamis is the best endgame opportunity. if people are going to spend all their time doing something else besides making necessary improvements (albeit slowly, if it must be), that's not what we're looking for.

Elvie

Hi Yummy , BG and the rest on this forum :D
    Im new here but im very keen and interested in joining u guys for Dynamis venture. I was in the last Dynamis-Bastok and damn it was fun. duh we were all pawn after killing the the last mob.. many didnt get the key item Im a Lv 73 Ninja/war presently. I still got WiffleBall pearl with mi and i hope u guys will drop mi a msg to join u guys in Dynamis hunt. I understand that there is some rules about the loots and im fine with u guys lotting on the Byne Bill. Btw Im in Singapore and the time different is 12 hrs from u guys. But i will try to log in to join the kill. Lastly good luck to u guys ^,^

cheErs~

Aedin

Hi... I was invited to join in Dynamis-Bastok on Wednesday and had a great time. I'm interested in joining again on future Dynamises.

As orange said, I'm sure you guys can find a solution to the money problem, I can deal without for now.

I'm excited about going again and I hope you guys will allow me... I'll be leveling to be more useful on the dynamis runs ><

Later~

Ok Zigma, so you want us to let Wildkat say that and not retaliate, then insult us when we do? Nice thinking, hypocrite. Go die.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm available to go to dynamis most likely if you'll let me, i've been on lots of the previous. I'm not in any linkshell. 74 PLD/WAR.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

count me in... though I may not be able to make every dynamis (especially the sunday ones) due to the nature of my work. While I'm on the subject, I'll be gone from Aug.18 to 24, it's the annual AT for my unit.

I think most will agree when I say people should just chill out and realize it's just a game. It's a form of entertainment, and everyone have a right to decide how to play to best enjoy it. Afterall, they're the ones paying their monthly bill, not you. There's no need to insult others because they're not lvling their main job, regardless how good of a reason you may think you have. And if certain people strike you as a total ass, just ignore them. The anonymous nature of the net creates a-holes, it's nothing new. So just take it easy, getting all riled up over stuff in game isn't worth it.

while I don't think I'll be rich enough to even think about upgrading relic weapons anytime soon, it does kinda suck that members whose LS doesn't have a substantial presence in the Dynamis run will miss out on all the currencies. Afterall, we're all paying the same fees Maybe you can do something like splitting the currencies between BG/non-BG like you were doing before with BG/Myth etc., and the non-BG people can split it between themselves? I think it's a system worth looking into, at least.

Well, that's that for my rant. Maybe I'll see you guys this sunday, if I can get home early enough. 'till then, I'm looking forward to a lot more future Dynamis runs, unless they sent me to Iraq

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aenarion

I think most will agree when I say people should just chill out and realize it's just a game. It's a form of entertainment, and everyone have a right to decide how to play to best enjoy it. Afterall, they're the ones paying their monthly bill, not you. There's no need to insult others because they're not lvling their main job, regardless how good of a reason you may think you have. And if certain people strike you as a total ass, just ignore them. The anonymous nature of the net creates a-holes, it's nothing new. So just take it easy, getting all riled up over stuff in game isn't worth it.

that however works both ways. we pay out money per month and so does everyone else in bg.. and we dont want to play around with ppl who dont want to at least make an attempt at improving themselves and contributing. im not attacking you at all personally, just realize that things like that go both ways.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Aenarion, what if... you didnt have to pay the fee to enter. because, as you know splitting the currency between individuals will never get anybody anywhere. if you get 2 pieces per event, then you may sell them for at the most 10k, i mean thats all you could do with them right? So if you and others who arent in an ls with a big presence didnt have to pay... would that make this currency issue easier on you?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    Ok Zigma, so you want us to let Wildkat say that and not retaliate, then insult us when we do? Nice thinking, hypocrite. Go die.
    No hellboy, I am posting what I see is happening and I can easily be corrected and accept that I am wrong if you tell me I am within a reasonable discussion, I am that open minded. I see it this way, You are insulted by my writing and not by my words and that's something I have no control over.

I can clearly see that the majority of you do not want this to work out, thus instead of adding more fuel to the fire. I will just stop posting. I've already said what I had the say. It's just a shame that when I try to have a serious conversation, I get called worthless and am told to die.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

your idea of "reasonable discussion" is throwing out insults in the middle of dynamis after complaining how everyone should just "get along". your idea of "helping" is taunting ppl when they lose lots on items.

to me.. that makes you worthless

well as you can see i'm intrested in dynamis wish the bullshit would just stop and we can get 1 step close to beaucidine and xarabard also intrested on af drops but as you can always see my fuckin luck sucks but then again joft has been screwed just as bad well i can live. oh yea this is canibus

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast