Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IMPORTANT ~ Dynamis Reformation + New Rules

Effective Wednesday 9pm, August 11th, there will be changes to the way our dynamis works. Originally this Dynamis was planned to be a partnership between Myth+BG, with the intention that Myth wanted to work with us in advancing through dynamis and making it to Dynamis-Xarcabard and beyond. Unfortunately, good intentions don't always come through and there have been problems due to lack of planning about certain issues or just a general lack of seriousness on some people's part about coming or being on time. Because of that, we are reforming with new rules in order to make things fairer to everyone, but also to encourage people to take this as a more serious effort and not just as "getting their AF2" or whatever.

For anyone who doesn't know much about dynamis, let me go over it so you can understand what our goals are. (If you already know a lot about how dynamis works you can skip this paragraph.) The way dynamis is structured, there are six dynamises. The first four dynamises can be done in any order and are Dynamis-San d'Oria, Dynamis-Bastok, Dynamis-Jeuno, and Dynamis-Windurst. When you kill the boss in each of those, a ??? spawns that gives you a key item when you examine it. When you have all four key items, you can then enter Dynamis-Beaucedine. After beating Dynamis-Beaucedine and getting the key item there, you can then enter the final dynamis, Dynamis-Xarcabard. Dynamis-Beaucedine and Dynamis-Xarcabard are far harder than the first four dynamises, and they require 50+ Lv74-75 people if you want to have a chance to succeed.

Our goal first and foremost is to get to Dynamis-Xarcabard and to beat the Dynamis Lord (the boss). We see it as a challenge and as something that we want to accomplish. It just so happens that there are other benefits that you can get along the way, namely AF2 and relic upgrades. Unfortunately the rarity of AF2 and the difficulty of relic upgrades makes it so that if you tried focusing on AF2 and relic only, you'd be missing out on getting better at dynamis. That being said, of course the AF2 is nice and it's a nice bonus/extra to doing dynamis, but when someone comes to dynamis once, gets their AF2, and then never comes to that area again because they already have their AF2, it's unfair to the people who are dedicated to coming all the time.

Because of the problems we've had with people not leveling up / lotting on AF2 then not coming once they have it / showing up late, etc., the following changes are starting on Wednesday. These changes are designed to reward people who are dedicated to the LS but to still be fair to everyone who wants to come.

===Level Requirements to Participate in Dynamis===
    Bastok, Windurst, Jeuno, San d'Oria: LV70+ ALL
    Beaucedine, Xarcabard: LV74+ ALL

For those of you who are Level 70 now, this is a fair notice to you that if you want to come to Beaucedine and Xarcabard, you need to level up. We need LV74-75 people to succeed in those areas. It's been a month since we've started dynamis. There is probably at least another month before we attempt Beaucedine. If you are serious about dynamis, you will level up by then. If you don't want to make an effort to level up by then, then dynamis is not for you.

===Free Entry to Dynamis===
    This is something that we are going to try to do. BlueGartr linkshell will be paying for the cost of the hourglasses you need to enter dynamis (1 million gil every 3 days). That's a lot of money and right now it's hard to see if we can keep doing it for the longterm, but it's something that we want to do, as a service to everyone who comes.

===New AF2 Lotting Rules===
    Because of problems with people coming only to lot on their AF2, then basically screwing over the people who've been coming every single time, there will be changes made to lotting rules. These are very fair rules and it gives everyone an opportunity to still get their AF2, but it tries to discourage people from never coming to a dynamis area once they have their AF2 from there.

First, you must pick one job which you want to be your main job for getting AF2. It can be different from the job you use in Dynamis, but you can only choose 1 job. This is the only job you can have priority lot with.

Rule #1: People who can equip an AF2 have lotting priority over those who cannot equip it. If you have a problem with this, there is a simple solution. Level up ahead of time. There is plenty of time to level up, and we will be doing dynamis many times in order to get key items for those who may have missed it. All AF2 from the four basic dynamises are LV71-73. AF2 from Dynamis-Beaucedine is LV74. AF2 from Dynamis-Xarcabard is LV75. You can get the exact levels of your AF2 from the following site:

http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.jp/ffxi/us/
    (go to Equipment -> AF2)

Rules #2: After level, lotting priority will be based secondly on attendance. People will be grouped into 3 categories based on their attendance.

Tier 1: 75%-100% attendance since joining, 40%+ total dynamises
    Tier 2: 50%-74% attendance since joining, 25%+ total dynamises
    Tier 3: Everyone Else

If you feel these rules are unfair, there are two reasonable answers. First, if you can come to dynamis more, then you should. If you want to skip dynamis to do other things in-game or because you don't get any AF2 from an area, then other people who do go all the time deserve theirs first. Second, if you can't always make dynamis due to rl reasons, then you need to be courteous and allow those who've been there the longest/most to lot first. You will still get your AF2 at some point, but these rules have been made because people have been coming only for the AF2 and not coming when they don't get anything, essentially screwing the people who do come all the time.

===Relic Weapon and Currency===
    Relic Weapons are currently the most powerful weapons in the game. However, they are also by far the hardest things to attain as well. Each relic weapon has 5 stages. The first stage is dropped in one of the first four dynamises.

As far as lotting for relic weapons goes, it is free lot regardless of level because they drop at a much more common rate than AF2. However, some relic weapons are used by more than one job. In this case, priority goes to the jobs that use it the most. Here are the following examples:

Relic Sword: PLD > RDM
    Relic Dagger: THF > RDM/BRD
    Relic Blade: DRK > WAR/PLD
    Relic Staff: BLM/SMN (both lot equally)
    Relic Bow: RNG > SAM

All other relic items are usable by only one job.

To upgrade a relic weapon, you must do the following things:
    1st Upgrade) Pay 300-500 of a specific currency + synthesis items
    2nd Upgrade) Pay 1400-1600 of a specific currency + synthesis items
    3rd Upgrade) EX drop from Dynamis-Beaucedine NMs
    4th Upgrade) Probably NM Fight in Dynamis-Xarcabard

To give you an idea of how long those first two upgrades take, we get an average of 200-250 in currency per dynamis. If you randomed all the currency to where everyone gets 3-4 on average per dynamis, it would literally take years to have enough for it. The only feasible way to ever get relic upgrades is to pool currency. However, we understand that everyone wants to have a shot at upgrading relic. That is why the following change to currency lotting is starting Wednesday:

1) Berticus still lots on all dynamis currency while we're actually in dynamis.
    2) Afterward, half of the money goes to BlueGartr. The other half becomes available for purchase at market price by those people who attended the dynamis that night. (The current price averages about 4k per piece.) If more people want to buy than we have, priority goes based on attendance and job (BRD + melees have priority over mages as their upgrades are the most useful). The money from sold currency will go towards purchasing more hourglasses.

If you find this to be unfair, think of it this way. We don't want people selling currency because it means that will take longer for us to get upgrades, which in turn will help us do better in dynamis. We've eliminated the fee to go to dynamis, so if you want, you can use the 20-40k you would have paid to buy up currency afterward. People who are not interested in buying currency for their relic upgrade don't have to and everyone benefits. This is the only realistic way that *anyone* will ever be able to upgrade their relic weapons. Please consider that this is a much better deal than how the original currency split worked (Myth+BG only).

Once we get to the point where we are doing Dynamis-Beaucedine and the EX items (Attestations) start dropping, priority lot will go to those based on who is the closest to attaining their 3rd upgrade.

===Unknown Items / Special Items===
    Supposedly there are some special items that exist in Dynamis-Beaucedine or Dynamis-Xarcabard that we have not seen. Some items may give small amounts of exp (100-200). Those will be randomed to whoever wins. There are, however, two extremely rare items that would be of great benefit to the dynamis LS.

Shadow Mantle - Occasionally Annuls Physical Attacks
    Shadow Ring - Occasionally Annuls Magical Attacks, "Resist Death"

These two items will be priority lot to PLD then NIN.

============================
    Please understand and be willing to follow these rules if you want to participate in Dynamis. We want everyone to have fun and enjoy the opportunity to go to Dynamis, but we also want to make sure that people don't take advantage of it and screw others out of their fair share. These rules are in many ways better to those outside of BlueGartr than the original ones. Many compromises have been made to make this as fair as possible to everyone.

The schedule for dynamis will stay the same. Wednesdays 9pm est, Sundays 4pm est. Always meet at the trail markings to the dynamis we are going to.

These new rules will go into effect this Wednesday, August 11, at 9pm est when we do Dynamis-San d'Oria. Please be ready in Southern San d'Oria at the Mog House if you want to come and meet the LV70 requirement.

~Quicklet

~

Well, seems fair to me, altho still , the money has me a lil troubled ><

For the sword I need 1400 bine bills and 400 bronze peices, at 4k a peice
    thats a total of 7200000 gil >.> .. I guess thats my problem eh? I think i can afford some of the 0's... lol..

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

The items that you have to get volfest are more expensive then buying the currency

-Ondori-

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1) Berticus still lots on all dynamis currency while we're actually in dynamis.
    2) Afterward, half of the money goes to BlueGartr. The other half becomes available for purchase at market price by those people who attended the dynamis that night. (The current price averages about 4k per piece.) If more people want to buy than we have, priority goes based on attendance and job (BRD + melees have priority over mages as their upgrades are the most useful). The money from sold currency will go towards purchasing more hourglasses.
    While I agree with every bit of the Rules you implemeted, this seems to have holes in it.

Buying currency from BG post Dynamis run will provide you guys with funds to buy next hourglass, that is a good idea, but what does that mean? It means you have full access to free moneys while the people who are temporary do runs with you have to pay for it. If you go by this rule, it doesn't cost you a dime to obtain currency for Relic upgrades.

Your idea of having free admition to Dynamis may not be a good idea for those outside of your LS. In my opinion the "fee" admition is much better, but instead of having people lot on every piece of currency, set aside 30-40% of total Currency obtained and let them lot on it, or instead of percentage devide it up to ratio of people from LS to "outsiders".

Think of it this way, I'd rather pay 20-30K for Dynamis run than pay 50-100K for currency I need. Yes I may not get much if i'm lotting against 10 or more other people, but that's a fair chance and risk I'm willing to take.

I hope I made my self clear and if I'm wrong or mistaken, please let me know.

P.S. I'm RDM Lv.69 atm and very much interested in few test runs to Dynamis. Unfortunatly my attendance will have to be limited to weekend runs only, due to the fact that I work till 1AM EST during weekdays.

Hit me up with a /tell in-game.

~Hirro

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

while that's true, you do have to take into account that they did spent their money buying the hourglass in the first place.

seems fair to me... unless I'm missing some logical loopholes @_@;;

discuss discuss XD

People will never upgrade relic from in-dynamis random distribution. Also full currency costs around 7-8 million on our server, and an availability is slim as you can spend all day shouting/checking bazaars and only find like 20 pieces.

average 3 currencies per dynamis with random currency to upgrade
    say you're a bard
    need 300 windurst and 1400 byne
    1700 total

1700currency / 3currency per visit = 566.6 visits
    566.6 visits / 2 visits per week = 283.335 weeks
    1983 days
    5.4 years

this is only the case if you do 17.6% windursts and the rest bastoks
    include the other 4 which don't drop anything for your upgrade, or only drop 1/3, and you're looking at 10+ years for a dynamis upgrade.

we're trying to ameliorate the currency deal by paying for the hourglass and keep our upgrade time out of the years timeframe, so that 1) people who want to make money can do it by saving 30k 2) people who want to upgrade relic can spend most of their saved money on our half of currency and 3) we can do better in dynamis from having relic upgrades

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Hirro, when letting random or free lots with the currency, one would average about 3 pieces per dynamis. Ive gotten 4 once, 1 once, 2 a few times.
    With this system, using the 20-30k that is usually the dynamis fee would get you more pieces than randoming. This system helps rule out the people who would only sell their currency (which is most people because upgrading takes so long) not only does it rule them out but they get into dynamis for free, and the people who do want to upgrade get a tiny bit more bang for their buck.

~

and for that 30k you would of spent on the hourglass, you could buy... 7.5 peices of currency, yay... only 267 more dynamus on that system to reach the 1700 currency mark =D

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As I see it, it all comes down to this. Will it be cheaper for me and others to pay the fee or pay for currency?

Aenarion, I realize they spent money for hourglass, but than I will be buying currency from them after each run, I don't know if it will be much, but I'm basically funding their next hourglass purchase, which means they are getting "free" run and access to more currency for their LS, which in my opinion is unfair. Look at it this way, by buying Currency I'm basically contributing to purchase of the next hourglass, which in essence is an admition fee, which puts me on even ground with anyone else going in, which in turn should allow me to get what I want and need on even basis with everyone else.

Yumm, I realize that by lotting against other people, that may or may not leave me with 1-4 pieces of Currency, if they are 4K a piece, that's pretty much the same as paying the fee, and if I'm paying fee and later paying for currency, what benefit do I get out of it?

Bert, are you saying that by focusing on upgrade of 1 weapon at a time for 100% members of Dynamis LS is much better? If you are, than it esentially means same amount of time has to be spent upgrading each weapon individually if I'll try to upgrade it myself thru using random lot. lol

I think you idea about currency devision is flawed, otherwise such questions would not have risen.

I hope you guys reconsider your aproach to this. If I think of something, I'll let you know. :wink:

~Hirro

Black Belt
    BG Level

As I see it, it all comes down to this. Will it be cheaper for me and others to pay the fee or pay for currency?
    paying the fee is more expensive because there's no requirement for you to buy any currency.

if you spend 30k for a fee, you lost 30k, you may or may not get any currency out of it, from what i can tell, with incredibly good luck of random lotting between 30+ people you can come away with 4 pieces. 4 pieces @4k each is 16k. your gain is 4 pieces of currency at a loss of 30k, this is what you want.

if you pay for currency, you can pay as much or as little as you want. if for each Dynamis run you want to come out with 4 pieces of currency you pay 16k. your gain is 4 pieces of currency at a loss of 16k, this is what they are offering you.

Aenarion, I realize they spent money for hourglass, but than I will be buying currency from them after each run, I don't know if it will be much, but I'm basically funding their next hourglass purchase, which means they are getting "free" run and access to more currency for their LS, which in my opinion is unfair.
    you are overestimating the amount of currency that is dropped per run. each run of Dynamis would have to drop 500 pieces of currency for them to get a "free" run.

500 pieces would be 250 free to BG, 250 sold for 1 Mil hourglass fee.

in reality i think the number dropped is under 200.

100 to BG
    100 sold for 400k

BG still pays 600k for the hourglass out of their own pocket and they are not getting 600k worth of currency for themselves.

there's a difference of 200k that they are paying out for the benefit of other people. and i'm thinking the 200 pieces of currency dropped is a very high estimate.

Yumm, I realize that by lotting against other people, that may or may not leave me with 1-4 pieces of Currency, if they are 4K a piece, that's pretty much the same as paying the fee, and if I'm paying fee and later paying for currency, what benefit do I get out of it?
    how is 4 pieces @ 4k for a total of 16k the same as a 30k entry fee? that's almost a 50% discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Bert, are you saying that by focusing on upgrade of 1 weapon at a time for 100% members of Dynamis LS is much better? If you are, than it esentially means same amount of time has to be spent upgrading each weapon individually if I'll try to upgrade it myself thru using random lot. lol
    this is a simple concept. the way you've put it, we're trying to get from point a (no relic) to point b (full relic for 100% of members)

i'm not disputing that both will take a fuckton of time; even grieg, the haijin master theorist of ff11 has said that relic upgrades are outrageously difficult. that being said, however, single focused upgrades are obviously faster than many spread out upgrades

if we take our path, each relic upgrade along the way will increase the rate at which we get to point b, allowing us to get there faster

if we take your path, then we will go at the same rate every time, and never improve, since we will have 0 relic until point b, at which however many people you speak of will have relic, hence getting there a lot more slowly

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Layoneil, you right, I indeed overestimated the amount of currency dropped, therefore my assumtion is annuled. I realized now and it's clear to me how they want to go about it. Instead of paying 30K and hoping for X amount of moneys, I can use same amount of gil and purchase the currency I require. I see the light [Hears angelic voices and light shines on thee]

Bert, I perfectly understand what you guys trying to do for your LS, and I don't not dispute your efforts. I for one support team work. Having PLD or BRD with Relic sure as hell will help to speed up future Dynamis runs and any other events you might do.

Now here's the question I have regarding moi. How long and how much you think will it take me to get mine at the rate you guys propose? I'm interested to know how many sleepless nights of farming I need to go on to get the currency and ingridients I will require, hypotheticaly speaking.

P.S. What other items are dropped besides AF and moneys?

~Hirro

I dunno. It really depends on the demand people have for the half of the currency that's sold. If the demand is high then I guess it will take forever. If it's low then it's just a matter of money. You can scour jeuno at times that would typically be the end of a japanese dynamis for a few money, but supply is a serious issue.

Also, if youre RDM going after 1 hand-sword upgrade, you're gonna have to deal with koh-i-noor. Silverlight and Kyo sell them for about 3mil a piece so you'll need that in addition to currency.

Yin

You others also need to realize that "we" will be dishing out 2million gil per week for you to come. So other than dynamis for us, we have to deal with our source of income, and eventually one day we will run out. But have us payin for dynamis for now is just a new thing. Until we can find something better.

lol yin

lol you said you guys pay 2 mil in a week?
    did you flunk mathemathics?
    every one who goes to dynamis pays
    so what are you saying that you guys lose 2 mil?
    lol pay for entree and pay for dropped bills

Re: lol yin

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    we're having fee free dynamis

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    ===Free Entry to Dynamis===
    This is something that we are going to try to do. BlueGartr linkshell will be paying for the cost of the hourglasses you need to enter dynamis (1 million gil every 3 days). That's a lot of money and right now it's hard to see if we can keep doing it for the longterm, but it's something that we want to do, as a service to everyone who comes.
    the LS is paying for every hourglass and nobody has to pay 1mil/ppl present
    read the post..

Yin

Ya, maybe you should scroll up and read before making retarded comments. We are payin 2 mil a week, (2 dynamis's per week, wednesday and sunday) out of our LS money.
    orz~ did you flunk english? thought so

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    Also, if youre RDM going after 1 hand-sword upgrade, you're gonna have to deal with koh-i-noor. Silverlight and Kyo sell them for about 3mil a piece so you'll need that in addition to currency.
    HQ3...
    (>_<)

Booo! >.>

~Hirro

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

Umm....Needless to say..this person who responded tp Yin's comment did not read the whole thread.

BG is paying for dynamis started Wednesday August 11. And half the currency dropped will be sold to those who want them.

So 2 Dynamis per week..1 mil per Dynamis...

What does that add too kind guest? 2 mil? I think it does....

Read the whole thread before you even try to retaliate to my reply.

Why are people complaining about the rules? BG is PAYING for Dynamis. You come for FREE. When they pay, they get to make whatever rules they want. Don't like them? Simple, don't come or shell out 1 million for your own Dynamis raid. If you come, you have to agree w/ the rules. It's FREE so don't bitch and moan.