Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

No Beastmaster in Blue LS?

How come you guys don't have any bst in your LS? (do bst's not make good additions to hnm hunting?)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

BST = (I'm playing solo right now)

Bst dont have the HP, Items, eminty to really hold hate = TANK X
    Bst have do enough damage, and pets are not that strong = DAMAGE DEALER X
    Bst aren't mages = HEALER/MAGE X

so no, really not important in an alliance sadly enough. they'd just take up space. imo

-Ondori-

there are only a couple NA BSTs on bahamut too i think, and they're around 65-66
    they haven't shown any interest in joining, but I want to use amigo on some hnm

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So a high level NA bst with HQ jug pets wouldn't be able to contribute to HNM's? (even that oh so cute cactuar 1000 needles)

i dunno, i think GO on midgar has a amigo-ready bst and i've seen him in a lot of fight screenshots including kirin and fafnir

also i went to a dynamis with some bsts once and they basically just used carrie and support healed

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I was always under the impression that pets could be very stong at high levels :D

Black Belt
    BG Level

Carrie is what most high level BSTs uses, from what i understand it's the cheapest of the uncapped jugs.

Panzer Galahad is more powerful and Amigo Sabotender is even more powerful.

the best BST strategy for Maat is to use Panzer, and if i remember correctly Panzer cost maybe 15-20k. Jugs last about 20 minutes if they don't die, so it's at least 40k per hour.

part of the recipe for Amigo comes only from Cactrot Rapido, so Amigo is around 100k per use.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Carrie is what most high level BSTs uses, from what i understand it's the cheapest of the uncapped jugs.

the best BST strategy for Maat is to use Panzer, and if i remember correctly Panzer cost maybe 15-20k. Jugs last about 20 minutes if they don't die, so it's at least 40k per hour.

part of the recipe for Amigo comes only from Cactrot Rapido, so Amigo is around 100k per use.
    I saw that guy while camping Dune Widow... all I can say is. evil come in all sizes and speeds.

Black Belt
    BG Level

i looked yesterday

Carrie - 1.2k
    Galahad - 8k-10k
    Amigo - 90k-100k

if you buy and don't make your own.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Lv 75 BST on Fairy, part of HNM LS NotED ;p Um, for sky...you should see how well the Flamingos do. Stronger than CC or Homonculus oO!! Making BST tho a DD is time consuming and takes lots of effort/gil -- atm tho my rampages are raning from 300-800, depending on what we fight.

Gods, King version, Kirin. The only true DD is RNG and DRK from the melee side, everyone else should really be spiriting it then doing whatever.

Amgio makes silly puddy of Byakko and Suzaku, mwa ha! Wouldn't recommend it for Seiryu tho, stupid paralyze, and it spams it and not even worth the money (50k on my server) for Genbu since he falls in less than 3 minutes, at least by us most of the time.

Mm...but yah, we are very underestimated -_- which sucks. I usually out dmg any melee with pet around cept RNG vs guardians and most HNMs.

Bst in ls

My linkshell currently has a bst in it, though they are not the best for damage, tanking, or healing, I believe they serve another role. Add control outside the alliance as needed. Bst make great add pts for fights like Aspidochelone where you have raptors and other fun stuff popping next to you while you fight.

Necrophiliac

ban this whore.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    BST = (I'm playing solo right now)

Bst dont have the HP, Items, eminty to really hold hate = TANK X
    Bst have do enough damage, and pets are not that strong = DAMAGE DEALER X
    Bst aren't mages = HEALER/MAGE X

so no, really not important in an alliance sadly enough. they'd just take up space. imo

-Ondori-
    even though this thread is a victim of necrophilia, this bold part is a funny myth that thankfully is dispelled.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil

there is actually an NM in quicksand that drops the same piece as cactrot but it's a lowish drop rate =/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Re: Bst in ls

Quote Originally Posted by ChronusAoV
    My linkshell currently has a bst in it, though they are not the best for damage, tanking, or healing, I believe they serve another role. Add control outside the alliance as needed. Bst make great add pts for fights like Aspidochelone where you have raptors and other fun stuff popping next to you while you fight.
    Gah, I read the entire thread. Seeing this made me realize how old the thread was... GO confused me but I figured it might have been a sarcastic remark about their first Kirin kill.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Bsts are very viable for certain HNM fights.
    Bsts are ok in sky, but nothing really all that great.
    The one fight where bsts really shine is Fafnir/Nidhogg though. Grab a darter and 2 hour it, I did that probably 10 or so times when I played the game, and without fail, the darter would do enough damage to take hate from the tanks at least a couple of times a fight.

When a bst is forced to use a jugpet, they are an ok melee DD. Nothing exceptional, but not as horrid as people think they are assuming they actually equipped themselves decently(which they should be able to since they can farm better than anyone else).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by shargar
    Bsts are very viable for certain HNM fights.
    Bsts are ok in sky, but nothing really all that great.
    The one fight where bsts really shine is Fafnir/Nidhogg though. Grab a darter and 2 hour it, I did that probably 10 or so times when I played the game, and without fail, the darter would do enough damage to take hate from the tanks at least a couple of times a fight.

When a bst is forced to use a jugpet, they are an ok melee DD. Nothing exceptional, but not as horrid as people think they are assuming they actually equipped themselves decently(which they should be able to since they can farm better than anyone else).
    The Darter hits Fafnir for 87 points of damage.
    Fafnir readies Spike Flail.

we sometimes use a bst/nin to kite Kirin, charm hate takes a while to build up but once he's got it no RNG can rip it off him. If you're willing to deal with occaisional bindgreifing it's a pretty cool thing to see.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Bst is good for exp parties, they have out done every thf in my exp parties so far as well as sam.