Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

WINDURST ~ REFERENCE POST ~ Print this out!

Our 4th run at Dynamis-Winurst is less than a week away on Wednesday night and we have to be ready this time. I am wanting Red Mages to take a bigger role in dynamis as well. This doenst take much, it just means you need to know which mobs are which and how you need to treat them. Below is a list of Mobs and red font is for red mages to pay attention to, and besides what it says below, red mages must keep at their usual debuffing all mobs. Dark Blue font is for everybody else. We still need to improve at staying patient, keeping back from front line and using /as. Green will be for DRK! thx to Veriberi. We have been doing a great job everywhere but Windurst seems that it will take a little extra in all of us. Print this for reference OK!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar Icon Secondary Nuke if BLM are in need of help.
    Manifest Icon Secondary Nuke if BLM are in need of help. Stun damage spells!

Assassin [NIN] On of the main reasons we keep melee far back from mages. MIJIN GAKURE. Kill fast in hopes that it does not use its two hour. Use weapons skills as hell!
    Chanter [BRD] Its a Bard...
    Exemplar [PLD] Silence it. Watch for Invincible and do NOT use Weapon Skill at this time.
    Inciter [DRK] Yin sucks.
    Liberator [THF] *See Exemplar. Watch for Perfect Dodge and do NOT use Weapon Skill at this time.
    Ogresoother [BST] Will summon Crow. Ogresoother is high priority on kill order. If you kill Crow before Ogresoother, it may just summon another...
    Oracle [SMN] Silence it! VERY HIGH priority to kill, as you know the avatar goes down when its daddy does. Kill FAST, meaning use weapon skills!
    Partisan [DRG] Will Call Wyvern.
    Persecutor [SAM] Kill fast, use TP unless something with priority awaits.
    Prelate [BLM] Silence it RIGHT AWAY! Sleepga2 cast on us has itself wiped us a few times. Stun Sleepga or any high damage spells!.
    Priest [WHM] Silence it! Stun high cure spells. Keep Priests far away from other mobs when killing, Benediction on other Vangaurds or even worse, Icons will just throw out work already done.
    Salvager [RNG] Paralyze can sometimes limit some hard range attacks. Pulling this guy can be a bitch. Whoever has hate when this guy is pulled make sure you run back till he is in the melee pack. Otherwise he will just sit there and shoot you with his bow from afar.
    Sentinel [MNK] Another job that Paralyze might work against. Spam Stun during 100 Fists. USE TP USE TP. We don't want to see a whole alliance fall too Hundred Fists, save TP for this guy and take him down.
    Skirmisher [WAR] Bum.
    Visionary [RDM] Silence it! Chainspell will not be fun if it uses to its potential. Stun damage spells!

Avatar Keep it SLEPT or Stun if you see something bad nothing else. I think we know this by now. Falls to the ground once Oracle dies.
    Crow Silence it, or it will do to us! Stun Silencega! Crow is high priority once the Ogresoother which summoned it is dead.
    Wyvern Tho annoying, they don't take priority. Stay with /as! PLD provoke Wyvern.

Xoo Kaza the Solemn [BLM] Silence when first pop, and silence again. Stun Sleepga or high damage spells! Save TP for and unload.
    Wuu Qoho the Razorclaw [MNK] Spam Stun during 100 Fists! Save TP for and unload.
    Haa Pevi the Stentorian [SMN] Silence when first pop, and silence again. Save TP for and unload.
    Loo Hepe the Eyepeircer [RDM] Silence when first pop, and silence again. Stun high damage spells! Save TP for and unload.
    Muu Febi the Steadfast [PLD] With clean death pull we may not have to deal with this guy.
    Maa Febi the Steadfast [PLD] or his brother.

Tzee Xciu Idol We will let Quicklet handle this one o.O

Gimme more or gimme what i have missed. I'll add anything that's needed. Thaaaaaaaynks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

for your information, it seems that in windurst

Avatar Icon uses Protect/ra/Shell/ra IV and Cure IV

Manifest Icon uses All tier 3 AoE black magic Stonega/Waterga/Aeroga/Firaga/Blizzaga/Thundaga III

notice to Dark Knights i need you to STUN STUN STUN the icons because the black mages are currently in cast when it does like thundaga 3 and 50 people take 500 dmg, and same when we're midcast and Vanguard Prelate starts casting Sleepga II. you guys are the primary stun now, i have to use mine to distance statues from me and my team, you guys must use yours to stop spells

Relic Shield
    BG Level

you can't silence statues

they resist all enfeebling spells 100%

they don't resist stun because that's a Dark Magic spell not enfeebling

Relic Shield
    BG Level

but yea we need to have our DRKs up front. stun is your friend. i have a few other suggestions about dynamis in general not just windurst.

you said for the MNK NM to stun hundred fists, but i think for NMs that use hundred fists you need a PLD to use invincible anyway

let me outline 2 different methods of pulling giving a play-by-play of each, first the one that we've been using.

first method
    1. black mages line up ready to nuke a statue, Quicklet(thf) shouts that he's pulling and then uses a ranged attack on the statue the BLMs are going to target.

2. if it's the type of statue that summons monsters, it summons them, most of the black mages are currently mid-cast on Thunder4 so they usually don't get slept immediately unless a BRD lands horde lullaby. this has screwed us over on certain things like BLM types casting sleepga2 the second they pop.

3. the BLMs finish ending the statue's existance and then cast sleepga2

second method
    1. black mages line up, veritas or whoeevr is coordinating the BLMs tells them which statue they're going to nuke.

2. the blms start nuking, the statue becomes aggro when the first BLMs nuke finishes and summons it's monsters, but the first BLM is done nuking so he can now use sleepga2 the second they pop.

3. because of the about 3-4 seconds time our BLMs had to start casting their nuke before the first statue became aggro'd (and linked anything else) they are now 3-4 seconds early in being able to deal with any linked statues. such as the ones in windurst that cast sleepga2 and thundaga3 (who can't be slept or silenced so a DRK needs to stun and the blms need to push it down)

and my last suggestion is about medicine
    we all know echo drops are *needed* but we could do with some other medicines too probably. at least, we could definitely use some poison potions on places we know we've been likely to get sleepga2'd. i know it's kinda silly for all 50 people or whatever to use poison potions but, you could have at least a few key people, like the BRD and/or RDM in the black mage parties, so they can curaga to re-awake the blms. i know the blms usually keep stoneskin on before pulls so poison pot wouldn't help them. the DRKs up front for stun should also probably use poision pot. as the bad guys have a nasty tendency to follow up sleepga2 with something like thundaga3.

note: i dunno which statue type but i'm pretty sure one of the statues uses paralyga and dispelga etc

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

well...i have actually wanted to for a long time but i want to suggest that quick just pull mobs not statues. i have noticed that statues sometimes have a delay on popping mobs...if it dies before that delay finishes do we not get any mobs?

true that would kill af drops but...we need to clear really bad

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

only problem with that.. is if the statue DOES summon mobs.. the mobs go right after whatever attacked it 1st... which will normally end up with at least one dead blm if they were 1st........

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

remember they run slower. i've solo'd a bunch and generally avoided them so where even if i do have hate i can stay alive. just need you to back me up on sleeps

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

A statue will always summon mobs even if it dies instantly. Those mobs (and anything that ever links with those mobs) will aggro to the first puller. If a BLM pulls a statue that links 4-5 other statues and 10+ yagudo, it's basically guaranteed that BLM is gonna get owned. When someone else does the initial pull, BLMs don't have to worry about getting aggro until they go through with their first round of sleepgas.

Spirits Within is very weak against statues so the best way to deal with big statue links is just to have as many BLM/RDM nuking as possible and DRK ready to stun -ga spells.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

my point is, if the BLMs are the ones to aggro the mob, it will die within 1 second of being aggro'd. so the BLMs are free to sleepga2 sooner, or to start nuking the other linked statues. if a puller aggro's the mob, it will die like 5+ seconds after it's aggro'd, it'll have time to pop it's normal mobs and they have time to start casting/running before the BLMs finish their first nuke.

we need more blms for dynamiswin
    i saw rash's ls go with 8 and sekaixls go with 8
    dunno if they cleared, but the one time we got close, i remember we had more than weve ever had

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yummy...

Can i cut and paste that mob list for my dynamis linkshell on Phoenix?

It would save me a lot of typing time :wink:

no, you're too fat, lose some weight first