Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Actually winning HNM pulls >_<

Hey guys, first off you got an awesome website and I love the videos, really well done and provide some great insight on how to actually kill these things. The LS I'm in is the first NA LS on Asura to have killed all 4 of the sky gods and we are aiming to be the first NA LS on the server to kill Kirin and hoping to do it before the release of CoP. We haven't really focused on regular HNMs such as Fafnir/Behemoth/Adamantoise because they are heavily camped by the 2 top JP HNM LS on our server, Will and Arist, and anytime we camp against them we just can't win the pull. One thing we have seen when waiting on pop is they seem to know exactly when these things will spawn to within 30 seconds, and they always activate Chainspell to nail the pull not giving us any chance. We spent 3 hrs camping Fafnir last night and their RDMs nailed Chainspell and got the pull as soon as it spawned and we have seen them do this on King Behemoth as well. Have you seen stuff like this on your server and if so do you have any idea how they can actually pull this off? Any help you guys could give on how they know or tips on how we can still try and outpull them would be greatly appreciated. Its really frustrating to have 20+ people standing around for 3hrs only to see you never really had chance of getting the pull to begin with.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Yes, this is a pretty hardcore tactic... and you usually see them do it towards the end of the pop window... but as how they know the timing........

This is a big secret that i'm not willing to tell ><; I'll tell ya you'll only see JPs do that on beh/faf/adman tho.

-Ondori-

Relic Shield
    BG Level

<3 Ondori
    HATE BARNEY

Lujan

Voke bot =\

Voke bot dosent work at aery.
    Because the place has many darters. ( You will know when you go there or watch our nidhogg video)
    so your aliance will get screwed by huge link if keep voking.
    Neither dose it at sollow vail because of same resone.

Mitzki and mogi have won pull against jps at those area and they live in so far from japan.

Good luck.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lol I love the way Ed talks. /cheer

You said that the other HNM LS's are Japaneese right? Well from what I heard (Might be a rumour but I heard it more then once) NA players have a 3 secs delay. so they can voke and start fighting before you even see it. Maybe this is what's happening?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    Yes, this is a pretty hardcore tactic... and you usually see them do it towards the end of the pop window... but as how they know the timing........

This is a big secret that i'm not willing to tell ><; I'll tell ya you'll only see JPs do that on beh/faf/adman tho.

-Ondori-

Not THAT big of a secret. I'd post how NM pop times work but considering many rival LS read this forum (haha knights?) and it's pretty obvious they don't know the 'rule' then I won't post it.

I'd hate for them to get the pull on something i'm camping because i posted how it worked.

Remember when I was rivaling you for fafnir? My LS accidently pulled a darter and I, Like a idiot cured and formed a huge link and died. Fafnir popped and he was unclaimed for a full 3 seconds before chlistopher (i think that's his name) voked it. That's all it takes to be outpulled.

But 1 link isnt bad, considering you guys formed 2, One bieng when he was @2min and had a few members dead lol.

Man I hate aery.
    <3