Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Fan from the Diabolos server

Hey, I'm wolfreign (20RNG/10NIN) from the Diabolos server and I just wanted to say thanks. Because of you i now have a long-term goal to beable to fight against Kirin, and Nidhogg. I haven't been playing long,and im still kinda a n00bie. However i still want to be able to fight them and get all the good they drop.

I also wanted to ask few questions:

1)Is the Dynamis and Nidhogg parts of how you get your relic armor?

2)RNG is an expensive job what are some good things to buy fairly cheap that i could use until my AF?

3)(This is for Ondori) What was the hat you've been wearing? Is that just higher lvl head gear w/ better stats or do you not have the full RNG AF?[BTW you're the who insipred me to stay a RNG, especially since your the one who records for the videos and your an RNG. Since I'm majoring in computer graphics and play as ranger as well ^.^]

Keep up the good works Blue Gartr (b^.^)b

P.S.- I really wish i could switch to the Bahamut server and work with you guys. Most of the people on Daibolos are really really aggrogant and retarded at the same time lol but you didnt hear it from me >.> <.< ^_^

Mind if I try taking this one, guys?

1)Is the Dynamis and Nidhogg parts of how you get your relic armor?

/sigh..... It's being called AF2, but yes, Dynamis is how you get AF2. There's one piece for a job in five out of the six Dynamises. Check out Mystery Tour (http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.jp/ffxi/us/) for more information on it. Nidhogg drops things needed for Cursed equipment, and also a few other nice pieces of RARE/EX equip. And just regular drops that are worth good money.

2)RNG is an expensive job what are some good things to buy fairly cheap that i could use until my AF?

... hmm. You can't really go "cheap" with RNG. To be effective, you're gonna need to buy +1 bows. Here's my little list:

Lv1 - Shortbow +1
    Lv7 - Self Bow +1
    Lv12 - Hunter's Longbow
    Lv16? - Power Bow +1
    Lv30 - Great Bow +1
    and continuing on every 10 levels...

If you can work up a lot of gil, you might want to buy... Eurytos' Bow at Lv55. I will warn you, however, that you probably won't have that kind of money. ^^;

Your best bet for a sub is NIN, as you have done. Shihei's gonna get pricey to you, especially if you don't have a constant flow of money. With Lv28 RNG with a NIN sub, you can grab two Hunter's Knives or whatever they're called. Ranged Acc +10? (|Yes, please.|)

Arrowwise, stick to the Ranged Accuracy+ Arrows, no matter how much more damage the other ones have. It doesn't matter how much damage you can do if you can't hit the damn mob.

Make sure, most importantly, that you keep Ranged Acc and AGI as high as you can. It's a must.

3)(This is for Ondori) What was the hat you've been wearing? Is that just higher lvl head gear w/ better stats or do you not have the full RNG AF?[BTW you're the who insipred me to stay a RNG, especially since your the one who records for the videos and your an RNG. Since I'm majoring in computer graphics and play as ranger as well ^.^]

You're probably referring to his Optical Hat.

Optical Hat is level 70, so don't even worry about it now lol