Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello an Advice thx     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Re: nidhogg

Quote Originally Posted by Avanarius
    Well anyways, there paladin Fina, cures our tank, stands behind Nidhogg and uses invincible making activate Spike Flail killing everyone to the side of him.
    Damn, that is smart, and incredibly wrong.

yeah that is very wrong and IMO GM's are powerless in FFXI they are only food for anoying LOWbies but i hope thatu GUYs can change that

PS i agree that is really smart i would of never thought of that ''''

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

hurricane wing isnt tp based. as for the others we dont know. you can sneak/tons of dmg from behind without getting flail while getting hate. quick has gotten hate from behind and we didnt get flailed. he prolly did it accidentally, but avoiding flail is all about timing

nidhogg

I made serval suggestions about the 2 hour invincible.
    I believe it should only cause hate based on the monsters your party/allience currentally has claimed. It doesnt make sense to be able to control hate without being in the party with the claimed monster

After that we get into a even deeper section regarding cures and there hate, I think this should stay the same but, I'm not sure if a cure spell causes hate based on how much HP is cured or it is a set amount. If it is based on how much hp is cured there is probably no problem there.

In the case of invincible you could basically screw up everything using it against anyone fighting any HNM. You get hate you can kite the monster around and basically control it, in the case of some HNMs, as you probably know, you dont want it to move and you want as much control over where it goes and what it does.

You can obviously counter the effect of invincible by using invincible yourself, but that is obviously a waste and could end up killing everything because no other paladin is able to get hate off you. In the case of Nidhogg, there is a precent chance that he will use Spike Flail from getting hate from behind, pretty good precent I would say. Trying to use invincible to counter it would be useless once your allience is completely dead from Spike Flail, whoo hoo.

I think this must be changed in the game. What are your opinions on this?

Black Belt
    BG Level

I'm not sure if a cure spell causes hate based on how much HP is cured or it is a set amount. If it is based on how much hp is cured there is probably no problem there.
    Cure Hate is based on how much HP is recovered though even if you Cure for 0 because it's an action you made to assist a person the monster has on the hate list you will gain some hate as well (though extremely minimal the mob now recognizes your precense as an enemy).

Cure V is different, Cure V has a set amount of hate which is less than that of a full Cure IV.

I assumed that, thank you for varifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas
    hurricane wing isnt tp based. as for the others we dont know. you can sneak/tons of dmg from behind without getting flail while getting hate. quick has gotten hate from behind and we didnt get flailed. he prolly did it accidentally, but avoiding flail is all about timing
    What im trying to say is that if you have hate on the back end of the dragon, it has that option to do spike flail as well as all the other attacks except for breath attack i belive. Breath=front attack, flail = back attack. So if you are attacking from behind you are giving him the option to do flail if you pull hate. like ive said before my LS has totally avoied the back half of the dragon and has yet to be hit with spike flail.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

the man behind the mask