Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking Aspidochelone     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Tanking Aspidochelone

Our LS is planning to camp Adamantoise in hopes of Aspidochelone to pop. We have a few Ninja's, but was wondering if I would be able to tank Aspidochelone up front as a 75PLD/WAR without kiting him (hard to kite with all the aggro mobs in the area).

Gear:
    Earthstaff
    Adaman Head gear
    AF Armor
    +4VIT Rings X2 (yea I need jelly ring )
    Pigeon/assualt earring
    Warrior Belt +1
    Republican Army Mantle
    Iron Musketeer's Gorget

Not the greatest gear, Still working on it, But LS wants to do this camp today. All info encouraged

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Nice gear, i feel gimp now

I need to drag my LS out to get me some new gear

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

way to show off almaa

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

man you suck almaa

dont you wish you had 1663hp like it says there

just like the 137int i'm supposed to have by their standards

we can [dream]

yeah seriously, allakazham is stupid

I thinks its cool, Good luck!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

We were the only LS in Valley of Sorrows after the server went back up and as expected Adamantoise Poped. The lotto for Aspid should take from 6-9 days? Anyway, I tanked him up front unprepared. One of our members was aggro'd, so I Provoked with half mana and half the LS unprepared. Got a few adds but everything worked out. I was taking a minimum of 80ish damage with Earthstaff and 120ish Maximum oh regular hits. Kill took about 5 mins. Hopefully Aspid can pop soon while we are camping it. Have you guys ever experienced a HQ pop when the server goes back up?

Thanks for the info, I felt confident about tanking either one. 8)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

6-9...

try 3-6

we've had stuff pop on day 2 even, but most are 4-6. but if it doesnt pop til day 9 the game officially hates you

as for tanking it, you wont be tanking 100%, your blms will if they're high damage non-pussies. i was there like 90% of the fight because he draws ppl in and i wouldnt stop nuking. just use earth staff and whatever else equipment should be good enough. unless ur using like the yukata, which i'm sure could be pulled off too by more powerful ls >.>

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

heh I think I was reading in someone's live journal that HQs pop 6-9 days. Good to hear its much shorter. Our LS... Lacks BLM. Not a single 75 BLM, really sucks, our highest Taru BLM Quit playing altogether. Currently seeking more BLM.

Will Aspid be much of a blm with 1 BLM and 2 RDM as nukers? >_>. We'll probably try to get him again today and see how it goes.

if you mean will he be (incredibly tough)
    then yes
    you can basically count out rdm nuke even though i think aspid doesnt have ridiculous resists
    with 1 BLM, it will either end after a number of hours, or after you guys are dead
    i've seen it done before but it makes it REALLY long & hard
    good luck

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

man.. one blm on that thing would be an insane amount of work. i would think that you would need as much mp restoration medicine as you could carry

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malign
    man.. one blm on that thing would be an insane amount of work. i would think that you would need as much mp restoration medicine as you could carry
    i dont think its even possible. the lowest recorded aspidochelone kill is 3 blms i think

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

We are really in need of BLM atm, its really discouraging to have all the high level BLM have left our shell. the problem is that we had a strict rule on recuits before the old leader Left, so there werent many people joining the shell. we currently have 3 active BLM, but 2 are only lv60ish. Im sure their Nukes will be resisted a lot.

Again thanks for the input.

Edit: Didnt get Adamantoise today (Admantoise isnt a concern to me), but our Rival LS (old leader left for them) took adamantoise outta my time zone. By the time i get home from work he will be dead . I know the other LS wont have a problem killing Aspid, they camp Fafnir daily.