Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

SAM I Am: The Role of a Samurai in HNM and Dynamis

Hey, guys.

Chesko, 42 SAM from the Phoenix server here. First wanted to say, I think you guys are supremely awesome, and make things happen that most deem impossible.

My question, is what is the role of a SAM in HNM and Dynamis battles. A 75 WAR in my linkshell has had.... less than good things to say about them (low dmg output, etc). I've had others tell me, that I should sub NIN, and dual wield swords, and spam Spirits Within. And I also had the idea of subbing WHM for Stoneskin, but my LS said that it takes too long to cast, and therefor would be worthless.

So, can you guys tell me, what subs would be useful for different situations, and generally, tell me what I am supposed to be doing in these end-game battles. Thanks for your time ^^

in dynamis, sam/thf is godly and does tons of damage and having lots of them can really speed up the flow, almost as much as having extra rangers

SAM/THF or THF/SAM is the best job for changing hate, which is used a lot in 4 gods and a few other HNMs

on special NMs like fafnir/nidhogg or kirin, sam will usually meditate to 300, get invited, use TP, and disband. this adds damage and helps, but may not be exciting.

i really like good SAMs, they have cool looking and high damage WSes, and cool looking armor
    shitty SAMs, on the other hand, !!!!!!!!!!SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
    so be a good sam

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ok this is my life in Dynamis

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    (Shout)
    Quickret : Pulling Vanguard Penisspliter please KILL!!!

Now this is what happens after that.

Mob becomes visable

Toggles to Mob

Engages Mob

Mob already Dead.......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

DAMN YOU RANGERS AND YOUR2000DAMAGE WS's!!!!!!!!

Sam's do help in Dynamis, that WAR was just WACIST!!!
    (Unless your a Penta whore like alot of Sam's I see)

Lujan

Xavier

As far as Dynamis' go, SAM plays exactly like every other melee DD job. You engage the enemy, attack, swing, swing, WS, etc. I'm told to play as a SAM/THF for dynamis, but to be honest thats a useless combination, as its almost impossible to get behind the mobs long enough to get a sa/ws off.

For HNM/Gods its a bit more exciting, but you'll be spending a lot of time outside the alliance just building up TP. I finally got my hands on my af2 gloves, "enhances meditate effect", so now I can get 300% TP from just 2 meditates instead of 3, so I should be able to do more dmg in a much shorter time now. As far as you not getting any respect, I got absolutely 0 respect lvling samurai, was told it was an absolutely worthless job....and then suddenly everyone changed their minds and said it was good endgame Good luck with it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The Problem with Job's like Samurai and Ninja is that to many people want to play them.... when there is too many searching for PT it starts to put people off the job. (Not with Ninja)

But the other thing is people do not even try to learn the job and just turn out to be a total n00b weilding a Dildo. Learn you Job and they will come (PT invites anyway) hehe. <-- Apply's to Ninja and Samurai. Coz I have seen some of the worst Ninja's in the world...

<Lujan> Why do you even bother if you not gonna do your Job?
    <Randomfag> Coz Ninja is cool and I do not give a shit.

Lujan

Thanks for the kind words, guys, you've given me inspiration to keep going ^^;

One last thing to bother you folks with: I didn't hear anything about skillchains. Are these large battles too chaotic to micro-manage SC, or do they still play a large role? Or, do you simply rely on other DD's with higher dmg output (aka RNG) to end the skillchains with, resulting in bigger SC/MB damage, and just let the SAM free-use WS?

Thanks again guys.

But the other thing is people do not even try to learn the job and just turn out to be a total n00b weilding a Dildo.
    lol, a friend in my LS will get a kick out of that statement, i'm going to have to tell him that

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Cool ^^

Im not a high lv Samurai (45) but from my exp in HNM battles the Samurai's tend to just weild a sword for Spirits within.... Xavier is still yet to lvl his sword so he use's Normal ws on HNM's lol.

Samurai's are pretty ownage when it comes to high HP NM's that spam abilitys at the end (Faffy) coz he can pretty much kill the last 7-10% HP in a flash.

But I have to say "Samurai's ws are SWEEEEEET for Kirin"
    While the rest of the damage dealing members are sitting in a corner with a opo opo crown and 50k's worth of sleeping powders, the Samurai's are usually left giggling and raping Kirin.

Hope you turn out to be a Great Samurai and try not to let anyone get you down.

Lujan

Awesome, appreciate it again guys.

Note to self: get THF to 37 hehe

btw, all you east/south coasters, keep your head down, Ivan is coming! I have to flee to north alabama ; ;

Take it easy, peace.

^
    |
    |
    |

that above post was mine, just forgot to put my name in the username box

alabama? holy fuck
    i live there too
    nobody else who plays this is supposed to live there

Heh, actually I live in South MS, but we have family in Burmingham, so yea, we're going to stay with them

Xavier

With the SAM af2 gloves, I get 300% tp with 2 meditates, even without spirits within I can whip out 400-750 dmg WS with sneak attack, so its not that bad....I know I need sword

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    alabama? holy fuck
    i live there too
    nobody else who plays this is supposed to live there
    Taidan from pheonix here, I'm in Bham (chesko is visiting currently). I was just wondering where in alabama you are located, since I feel like I'm the only FF player around