Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Capricious Cassie strategy

Often times almost all LS's who attempt to fight cassie marathon it. It is considered possibly the only way by most people to beat cassie. Bad Breath and sweat breath are both tp moves. just like its normal physical ws type moves. I for one believe that marathon(or kite, or whatever you want to call it) is not the best strategy for this HNM.

The ability to run away only helps when it prevents you from getting farther away from it the monster because of its attacks(i.e. KB, Kirin). But how does marathoning this HNM allow you to avoid anything? If you can see cassie sweat breath and bad breath will hit you. The best option to tanking this NM with is a thief or Ninja straight up. With the setup like this:

EDIT
    since my little pictue wasnt working ill describe it... Tanks stand in front of it. everyone else behind it.

everyone should be using poison potions and having echo drop macros ready and paralyna macro for tanks ready(so they can get blink back up). PLDs should try to flash cassie when it uses bad breath so cassie will miss a few times. Also while bad breath is a AOE, it is also directional. That is why everyone stands behind it. By standing behind it, hte people behind tend to take way less damage from it.

Well good luck with whatever strategy you choose. I would rec. straight up tanking only if you are expieranced with this NM(I have killed it 5-6 times? Not really sure) The first 2 times we marathoned it, but after that used straight up tanking and handled it much better. Be sure to bring lots of poison potions(and also, dont be stupid and use poison potion and stonskin yourself-_-)

there's a thief on bahamut who basically goes nuts on cassie every day
    he can solo it with 1 other whm or rdm
    i know he uses aketon+1 and a ridiculous amount of eva gear plus seiryu sword + the garrison earrings for plantoid killer as hell. he sells every errant cape and most cassie earrings and is pretty much a pimp.
    so, like cravy gravy said, head on blink tanking him(her?) works really well. it can become a joke with a nin or thf and a small amount of support

marathon works best if you have a lot of ranged attackers though i think. doing the whole run up to it and ws thing kind of blows and should be reserved for something harder. that's just my opinion. at first, we tanked cassie head on with aerial armor lol. it was CRAZY but we were all 55-60 so everyone got agro outside the hallway.

I've been trying to get a partner to go for cassie for a long time now. Sucks that no one is interested.

I went with Iduna (I was going to go alone, my whm/nin has +60 Evasion ontop of it's 200~ base) and I logged off right before the big patch in fei'yin. She logged on when the servers came back up first, beckes was there already and it was a race to see who's partner logged on first. Cassie went unclaimed for over an hour. I was getting shafted with disconnects and slow download speeds (Thank you SQE!) during the update and she left, I gave up and went to sleep and patched my game in the morning.

^Zigma

Plz turn off guest posting ;(

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    yea, im taking his 'king of cc' title away from him. lol

yes, its best to have ninja tank it. umm, if you are doing cc with couple of mages say 2-3, when they run low on mp turn around dont hit or let it hit you, otherwise cc is going to gain tp and bad breath everyone. if that happens, tough luck. i think the first time i did cc, something like that happened. everyone got too close, didnt really pay attention. your best bet of winning, is just let the ninja or thf solo it, with nobody else touching it. subtle blow owns. i have 2 katanas, unji and unsho. they both give +1 subtle blow. when fighting things like cc, subtle blow owns....

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Cassie does a move that resets hate as well as binds the target "Impale". Bring many Echo drops .. there good thing to have

ecurb is a [Subtle Blow][Job][Master]
    i must be a loser

Sea Torques
    BG Level

ecurbs awesome. serket and cassie stalker!!

im actually partying again /joy @20k lv 74. dont feel like missing out on another dynamis ; ;.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Today, tragedy struck as my mission to overthrown him takes a step backwards.

Cassie pop behind me, Beckes is pretty far from me
    I go to flash cassie and as i do this i move!! I MOVED OMFGZ I MOVED
    "Beckes range attack hits cassie for 9"

After he killed it we joked about it and I told him better luck tomorrow.

lol at least he's not a bad guy.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

beckes is a real nice guy. hes cool and funny. understands english quite well.

Ok guys seriously, me and my LS fought cassie tons of times and controlled it. All u need is about 2-4 BLMs, 1 RDM/WHM (or more) and 1 Whm (for any raises) and misc heals. The rules are as follows:

1. You do not talk about Cassie.
    2. If you are a red mage, gravity it.
    3. If its not bound, bind it.
    4. Everyone must have poison, echo, and erase.
    5. You do not talk about Cassie.

Other than that, nuke the shit out of it, who cares about hate, gravity and bind pretty much rapes the shit out of it, bind is for when gravity builds resists. Seriously jus keep binding it and the bitch is yours. No melees, or tanks, ur jus gonna give it TP to WS. Ranger is an exception since hes a nuker

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

you will get pulled in. . . . lol

no, the ultimate strategy is going as a level 50 party on your way to do mission 5-1, and seeing capricious cassie walking around, then being a totally noob ranger (22) and saying "let's fight it, we got this easy" then pulling it and then you start seeing that it's hitting your tank (almaa) for like 350 points of damage, and then hitting invincible, and having the blm escape.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

oh oh oh where's the part where she uses Sweet Breath and silences the BLM escaping and proceeds to eat every last person!?

that didn't happen

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    i know he uses aketon+1 and a ridiculous amount of eva gear plus seiryu sword + the garrison earrings for plantoid killer as hell. he sells every errant cape and most cassie earrings and is pretty much a pimp.
    so, like cravy gravy said, head on blink tanking him(her?) works really well. it can become a joke with a nin or thf and a small amount of support

marathon works best if you have a lot of ranged attackers though i think. doing the whole run up to it and ws thing kind of blows and should be reserved for something harder. that's just my opinion. at first, we tanked cassie head on with aerial armor lol. it was CRAZY but we were all 55-60 so everyone got agro outside the hallway.
    Picasso (75 THF) and I (75 BRD) used to duo. Yeah, it took a while and I had to log out a few times over the course of the fight due to the HP drain effect of Impale, but it's really a pitiful fight if you're smart and watch what you're doing.

Sadly, Picasso has since left and I haven't had a THF or NIN that is willing to go out there with me :\

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

yea 4 black mages brd and rdm have no problem at all with it, with my linkshell we have done this plenty of times, keep it bound and gravitied, and be sure to put up sneak before you rest, even though the bats and ghosts arent to hard at lvl 75, its still a pain to have to waste time/mp killing them, blizzard almost always works better then thunder being is 90+% of the time its double ice weather

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

hi

lol Cassie is pretty much unkillable on asura gil farmers own the thing.

they got a good strategy to kill it the have a nin ot thf fight it next to a hallway, while the rest of the members stay way way back n when it does bad breath the whm runs in a heals the nin or thf.

when we tried to fight it they would run around the mob grabbing hate when we bound or use gravity on it. so when cc used bad breath n we where all asleep the would run up n runn around it till they got hate then run away with it till it turned yellow n claim it a 5%, they do it all the time.

we had a GM stay n watch n he said it was fair game. even though we still had some hate n it killed 2 of are members.

PLD 75/WAR 37
    server: Asura
    LS: Machina
    Enmity 33+3 hate can i have it ^^