Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: scoring system     submit to reddit submit to twitter

scoring system

hi i was wondering, why does your scoring system SUCK? because something like byakko is 6 but kirin who not only has byakko too but 3 other gods is only 4 more points? that SUCKS

also capricious cassie can be killed with 2 people but it gives more points than voluptuous vivian who is surrounded by monsters who aggro lv75 and uses a 2hr and stuff that SUCKS

fafnir is only 1 more point than seiryu? behemoth is same difficulty as lumber jack? king behemoth same as nidhogg?

i recommend a scoring system that scores HNMs based on different factors of difficulty. for instance kirin takes more people to kill than anything else in the game but he is relatively easy in that he doesn't do much you can't avoid. so you could have like 2 or 3 different types of difficulty, here are a few suggestions.

amount of people it requires

danger of it's abilities/WS

surrounding area obstacles (adamantoise is easy itself but...)

handicap-ability, you can sleep fafnir (but that doesn't make him much easier just an example), you can blink tank charbydis, you can marathon KB

purely EVIL abilities (mighty strikes and hurricane wing, spike flail, astral flow)

or maybe instead of making the rating system more complex you could just let links to each NM go to a profile of that NM maintained by BG with contributions from others. this is joft btw and i'd be willing to write those types of profiles. i think it'd be cool because the only other sites out there that have NM info have it's area, level, pop conditions, and drops, and that's it. here's an example:

kirin - ru'avitau gardens - tu'lia
    [picture]

Lv: 90 or whatever
    2hr: astral flow (for nidhogg mighty strikes would just be normal ability)
    abilities: blah blah heat breath etc
    notes on abilities: summons other 4 gods blah blah, does spike flail if you make it turn around(ex. of a note)
    spells: RASP!!!!! and stonega4
    area: completely clear surroundings, the teleport to get there is random blah blah it SUCKS
    suggested #of people: 24+ (1 full alliance + 1 other party)
    tactics: marason as hell or maybe it's TOP SECRET?

-dropped items-
    CONFIRMED: kirin's pole and stuff
    UNCONFIRMED: manticore hair
    CONTRARY TO MT OR ALLKHAZAM: no koenig body; ;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

awesome guest! have you fought kirin? if so, can you tell everybody how much easier kirin byakko is compared to byakko, i think you left that out.

Yin

He said he was Joft.
    Die Joft.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

We plan on doing all of this... including a database or items that drop from the mobs along with a self calculating drop rate ratios... So you can prove that balmung is a rare drop from fafnir and so on...

the only hard part is my time... I work and travel a LOT! a long with film and make videos... So I'd recommend signing up and joining... as I have more time I'll change more.

unfortantly making videos and websites for FFXI doesnt support 2 people who are about to get married.

making recommendations is always welcome! Or even better if you wana help with the php code feel free to jump in, i'll let ya

-Ondori-

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

What you need to do is make a list of all; HNM WS, min. # ppl needed, area types, etc.

then attach a 1-10 difficultly rating and then let it average it self out thru 3-5 categories.

BUT........... the question....

"Who will do this?"

and do it right? if the answer is no one... it'll have to wait till beaucedine video is done. besides berticus no helps on the site so.... sorry not much i can do.