Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    LazyShell
    BG Level

I'm in Niobe's LS, yeah we do it all LS only, excluding 3-4 members who we invited do to some previous ciricumstances. Haven't teamed up with any other LSs to do 4cities + Beauc., but for Xarc, im sure we would have to. Only problem is, theres no LS small enough to accomidate or 32-36members with their own members under one pearl . So Xarc runs are pretty much farming XD. Getting to dynamis-lord and beating him with 30 some odd people are completely different stories

The point value for Tiamat is too high.

12 is far too much.. 10 would be more appropriate a figure methinks. Jormagund has 12 points, and is much more difficult Tiamat is.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Tiamat is definitely harder than Nidhogg and Kirin.

I would say that, having seen fights of both Tiamat and Jormungand, both require different approaches but I don't think either is much harder than the other overall. One LS that can kill Tiamat can probably kill Jormungand, and vice versa. In any case, considering that these HNMs aren't truly part of the normal HNM world as of yet (i.e. in all likelihood their true loot tables aren't implemented and at some point their repops will be decreased to 21-24hrs), if their difficulty relative to other HNMs changes after the next patch or two, their points can be re-evaluated.

I wouldn't say that Tiamat is much harder than Kirin or Nidhogg. Just need an effective strat, and it shouldn't be an issue.

But one thing for sure, is that Jorumgand is much harder than Tiamat.

Tiamat and Jormungand are about equal in strength. The main difference in how "hard" they are will depend virtually entirely on your strategy for killing them.

Technicall Vrtra is the weakest of the three (in terms of HP and special attacks.. the only damaging attacks he has is Breath and Wing), but nobody has found a workable strategy to kill him yet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn
    Are you still going to add the BC99 HNM's on the Big Kills list?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I hope your right about the drops quicklet, but i hope your wrong about the pop time, i dont want to walk up ulegarund range every fucking day to kill jorm.

after having killed them both i'd agree that comprehensively Jorm is harder & needs more people. he also starts to do some crazy shit at 10%, crazier than tiamat, that adds a real challenge at the end. but screw changing the points

Babyorphan

I want to see "berticus" in BigKills.. I'll say about 15 points should be enough.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    after having killed them both i'd agree that comprehensively Jorm is harder & needs more people. he also starts to do some crazy shit at 10%, crazier than tiamat, that adds a real challenge at the end. but screw changing the points
    Agree 100% with this... he's more tame and seemingly easier to handle 100% -> 10% but boy does he go buck wild at low life

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

yeah, after fighting both of them now, Jorm is by far harder because of the shit around him.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    yeah, after fighting both of them now, Jorm is by far harder because of the shit around him.

Beat either?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malign
    yummy has a point...

..dont see many single hnmLSs doin dynamis runs
    multiple ls's on our server solo farm runs on them for completion(sp?)to include beaud.

you quoted malign. i'm sad now