Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what you think point values for new stuff should be

i'm gonna suggest adding these new things (w/ my opinionated score) to the list of HNMs. they aren't really actual HNMs but I think they fit pretty well in this system.

Overlord Tombstone - 6
    Goblin Golem - 6
    Gu'Dha Effigy - 6
    Tzee Xciu Idol - 8
    Angra Mainyu - 10
    Dynamis Lord - 15
    Divine Might BCNM - 7
    Behemoth BC99 - ?
    Adamantoise BC99 - ?
    Wyrm BC99 - ?

i think the order of bc99 is wyrm > beh > adaman but, having done none, i dunno exactly what they're worth. if you got any suggestions in addition to these or advice on the validity of my suggested scores, make a reply pleeeease.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

i dont know how you would fit dynamis related things into this... there are very few HNMLS' that do dynamis on their own. We would have to make a seperate catagory for Dynamis LS' but since there are only 6 mobs that would maybe be included from this in dynamis there isnt a good way to measure how much an LS has done cause its pretty much have you done it all or have you not... i suggest just leave Dynamis out, unless you only want to count it for the few linkshells that actually do this stuff on thier own, and the percentage of linkshells that have done that is even less when with NA linkshells.

I definitely like the idea of adding these bc's to big kills, we would need info from people who have done the 99 kindred bc tho to help determine how many points it should be worth. so speak up if youve done any.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

yummy has a point...

..dont see many single hnmLSs doin dynamis runs

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've done all 3 of the BC99's I've beaten the behemoth one around 2 times (I ave a video of it if you want), and the wyrm to many to count. I have run out of time with the adamantoise one. That one is Super hard.

in order:

Behemoth BC99 - ? From 1-10 I'd rate this one a 7. It is not that hard given you know what you are doing. He spams meteorite but not at a rate that would kill you in 5 seconds. The only meteorite you should REALLY look out for is when he's about the die. The bastard does his AOE stun and pops the strongest meteorite in the fight Hitting everyone for a nice 2k. You'll have to re-raise (maybe) to go click the armored box to finish the BC.

If you want to host the video let me know, uncut 25min 140mb lool.

Adamantoise BC99 - ? This one is beyond 10. His regen is just to much and if you do not have enough damage dealers to hurt him while he's inside his shell then you're just going to lose in the long run. You only have 30min.

Wyrm BC99 - ? This is not that hard. from 1-10 i'd give it a 5. Cover the PLD with Aerial Armor and spam weapon skills on it. At around half it's health He will go air borne and shoot fireballs from his mouth. This is where you Nuke the hell out of it and also stun. When he comes back to the ground just finish him off.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i have done all also. i would agree in that order from hardest to easiest:

turtle
    behemoth
    wyrm

i did the turtle with 8 blms and 3 rdm in the alliance... and he regened his hp to full from 75% -_-. his regen is too much. i dont know how anyone could beat him. it is probably on par with dynamis lord lol. and i dont think dynamis mobs should be included. i dont think HNMLS falls under dynamis category because most dynamisLS are a combination of people(ours is like 3 HNMLS + more). but i would rate it as(for BC):

Turtle: 15
    Behemoth: 6-8
    Wyrm: maybe 5-6

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Are you still going to add the BC99 HNM's on the Big Kills list?

i think so
    and tiamat/jorm/vrtra
    someday soon

I think vrtra should be a 10... and if you kill all the dragons you get a bonus! :D like +5 on points or somthing, since they are all biatches to kill.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I know this isnt the right forum but do the BC99's drop the items for the Monk Black Belt Quest?

thanks

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Norrissnkae
    I know this isnt the right forum but do the BC99's drop the items for the Monk Black Belt Quest?

thanks
    yeah they do.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thanks Zigma.

Are they 100% drop like the HQ NMS

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not 100% drops.

But they can drop.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thanks a ton

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Vrtra should be 20 points. Jormungand 15. Tiamat 15.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Jormungand is easier then tiamat

edit and no, not 100%

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma

edit and no, not 100%
    no it isnt. have you fought jormungand? Tiamat is a much more slow and paced fight compared to Jormungand. Jormungand uses Blood Weapon, Blizzaga 3, Bindga, Paralyzga, Ice Spikes, and is surronded by the most annoying mobs ever to have to deal with. Very Tough Ice Elementals and Bombs. He also flys and lands about every 1 minute. Tiamat might be strong vs. magic and ranged attack but that doesn't make him harder. When Tiamat just used a weapon skill you can put paladins and DRKs or w/e other class as /thf or thf main to fuidama on the pld. No tp=no spike flail. You can also keep him stunned while doing this so you can move the plds back to the front after your done. A longer fight doesnt equal a harder fight. Tiamat is on par with Jormungand, and if your going to say either is more difficult, its Jormungand.

Edit: BTW for you believers of pulling Jormungand away from the bombs, yeah right. He won't leave the circle he is in, much like Ada/Aspido wont leave its set area. Also Blizzaga 3 is instant cast, bindga and paraylzga take away all blinks your tanks have.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by cravygravy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigma

edit and no, not 100%
    no it isnt. have you fought jormungand? Tiamat is a much more slow and paced fight compared to Jormungand. Jormungand uses Blood Weapon, Blizzaga 3, Bindga, Paralyzga, Ice Spikes, and is surronded by the most annoying mobs ever to have to deal with. Very Tough Ice Elementals and Bombs. He also flys and lands about every 1 minute. Tiamat might be strong vs. magic and ranged attack but that doesn't make him harder. When Tiamat just used a weapon skill you can put paladins and DRKs or w/e other class as /thf or thf main to fuidama on the pld. No tp=no spike flail. You can also keep him stunned while doing this so you can move the plds back to the front after your done. A longer fight doesnt equal a harder fight. Tiamat is on par with Jormungand, and if your going to say either is more difficult, its Jormungand.

Edit: BTW for you believers of pulling Jormungand away from the bombs, yeah right. He won't leave the circle he is in, much like Ada/Aspido wont leave its set area. Also Blizzaga 3 is instant cast, bindga and paraylzga take away all blinks your tanks have.

On our server, Jormungand is pretty much the easy one followed by Tiamat and then Vrtra. Have I fought it Jormungand? Almost! But he never popped. From the battles I've seen up close I can honestly say that Jormungand is easier then Tiamat. I'm sorry you don't agree with me.

Having fought both, I found them to be of equal difficulty.. basically, not very hard ._.

We took tiamat in under 2 hours, with our pld staying alive til less than 10% HP, and our ninja (tanking partner) surviving til mijin'd in an effort to get the killshot (amusingly.. a dot killed tiamat, so no-one got it ;x). It should be doable in much less time in the future, but there is no reason to. I'd say less than 45 minutes is doable.

For jormagund, his lower defense makes him a much easier fight, but his aoe's are killer, which requires a totally different strategy in comparison with Tiamat. Its not required to kill the bombs btw, there are techniques you can use to avoid fighting them.. making it as if they were not there at all.

Vrtra on the other hand is significantly harder than the other two.

Some single HNM LS's do run thier own dynamis, I know my LS does anyway. :D

Edit: We run the 4 cities as well as Beauc/Xarc all our LS only. So far we've won everything but Xarc.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niobe
    Some single HNM LS's do run thier own dynamis, I know my LS does anyway. :D
    Same. We solo the 4 cities during the week and on weekend team up with another LS for Beauc / Xarc