Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Why we went to Dynamis-Xarcabard...

I am making this post because I was told that some people felt that trying Dynamis-Xarcabard with 40 people was a dumb idea, a waste of time, pointless, or something like that.

This dynamis LS was started back in July with the hopes of just being able to clear all four nations, let alone beaucedine or xarcabard. There were some problems with the way things worked, so we made some changes and came to the current system in August. Since then, we have cleared all 4 nations at least twice, including having done something like 7 Windurst runs, and cleared beaucedine after 3 tries. I think we needed to see Xarcabard to see exactly what we're dealing with. Frankly, clearing the first 5 dynamis areas is trivial at this point. The only times we wouldn't be able to clear them now would be due to stupid mistakes.

That being said, if anyone thinks we went to Xarcabard with the intent to try and clear it, then you're sadly mistaken. On the same note, if anyone thinks we went to Xarcabard simply for the sake of dying, you're mistaken as well. When I first posted up the new information back in August about dynamis reformation, I said that we wanted people who were going to be serious about this. For the most part that's worked out well and it's made this LS a lot stronger. However, there are always the instances of people skilling up in dynamis, not using appropriate weapons, mages meleeing, people going afk for long periods of time, people not understanding the concept to *not train* stuff when you're going to die anyway, etc. Anyone who went to Xarcabard tonight could see that this isn't a playground. This is what we've been working toward. This is what we need to be able to do.

I want this to be very clear. This is where everything matters. This is where making the extra effort matters. This is where taking it seriously matters. This is where taking the Raise I matters. This is where not making trains worse matters. In the end, it doesn't matter whether or not you think you will succeed. What matters is that, when your back is against the wall and you're faced with defeat, you push onward as far as you can.

We have to become twice as good as we are now if we want to clear Dynamis-Xarcabard. And no, I don't equate having twice as many people with being twice as good. I just hope everyone knows that, while tonight may have been a fun run, come the real thing, there is no such thing as giving up.

~Quicklet

Black Belt
    BG Level

i for one have no objections to us going in with 40 people, even with 30 people, i would've wanted to stick my head in there just to get it chopped off. you will never learn to swim if you refuse to get into the water.

if the people who put down 1 Mil for the hourglass is willing to throw it out there to explore, i've got a few hours and some XP i can throw out there too.

I want this to be very clear. This is where everything matters. This is where making the extra effort matters. This is where taking it seriously matters. This is where taking the Raise I matters. This is where not making trains worse matters. In the end, it doesn't matter whether or not you think you will succeed. What matters is that, when your back is against the wall and you're faced with defeat, you push onward as far as you can.

We have to become twice as good as we are now if we want to clear Dynamis-Xarcabard. And no, I don't equate having twice as many people with being twice as good. I just hope everyone knows that, while tonight may have been a fun run, come the real thing, there is no such thing as giving up.
    when it comes to the real thing, i agree. i'd just like to say that we don't rush to do this for real. yeah, twice as many people doesn't make you twice as good (do something like ZM5 with a party of Lv 70s and than do it with an alliance of 60s, that should be obvious).

while more people doesn't make it better, having more people is part of being prepared. everyone knows that more people is needed, pretty much anything less than the max is handicapping ourselves.

there's also a big difference between not knowing if you can win and knowing you will lose, you're not going to get extra effort when people feel like that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Personally, I do not understand what the big deal was. Dynamis - Xarcabard was a learning experience for us. The eyes that act as statues are strong to magic and weak to physical attacks, this is completely opposite of the other zones. Demons pop by the bushel; the Beastmasters have Vouivre as a pet. It wasn't as awesome a learning experience as the first Dynamis - Beaucedine run where we got to the boss, but we did well with the people we had.

When you go to Dynamis, you have to accept the fact that you are going to die. If you don't die, you won the lottery. The whole point of Dynamis is to kill us so we have to keep leveling and give Square more money. When defecation smites the oscillating ventilator just take one on the chin and die with the team, it is a lot easier and faster for everyone to stay close as opposed to dropping where a bunch of beastmen are going to dance happily on your corpse and we will have to risk even more deaths and downtime to get you. Really, where are we going to run to? It is not like there are convenient zone lines anywhere.

We do need more people, but just having 64 bodies will not guarantee a win. We need a strong, dedicated group of people who work well together, take the fights seriously, and know how to listen. We need to recruit and re-invite quality people. We need to help the people who aren't 75 yet get there. And most importantly, besides becoming better players, we need to become better friends with each other.

/em gets down off of his soap box.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

man I had the blast of my life in that dynamis run, most fun I've ever had in dynamis! lol how can ppl say it sucked? >.>

anyways, we knew there was no way to clear it with 40 ppl and that we would be just going in to see what we were up against. And damn yes we did and it isn't pretty lol

Black Belt
    BG Level

When defecation smites the oscillating ventilator
    priceless

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    When defecation smites the oscillating ventilator
    priceless
    you beat me to quoting him... but anyway, that's hilareous sept, I love you, as always

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    you beat me to quoting him... but anyway, that's hilareous sept, I love you, as always
    I do what I can.