Thread: NEW DRAGONS     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

NEW DRAGONS

IF ANYONE, ANYONE AT ALLL kills these new dragon you most post here. We are going to start to try these to get an idea... and want to be the first site with drop and kill info.

-Ondori-

Tiamat dropped a divine log and a fire crystal today on my server (shiva)
    Crappy drops ; ;

Title: Tiamat Trouncer

He drops new monk glove +10 accuracy and the +12% speed boots for monk

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

those boots arent for monk...they're for blm

we have like 0 hp and get hate for running away a lot more

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Herald's Gaiters Lv70 MNK/WHM/BLM/SMN
    MP+12 Evasion+8 Movement speed +12%

Today damepo+Way was fighting Tiamat on our server. (same group that does dynamis I think) They almost killed it but, His HP refused to budge. At one point he had a sliver of health left but over time regen'd. They gave up.

Maybe wiffleball can can fight it. 18 people is to low. need 30+

On another server, an alliance of BST/SMN have beat it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Tiamat was killed on Phoenix by a jpn alliance of 60-70 people. It dropped +12% movement speed feet for whm/blm/smn/mnk

45-80 people are needed depending on your players and jobs and equipment

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

45-80? people? lmfao, that would make him 3x the diffuculty of kirin or nidhogg, no no this is wrong.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cemmirri Sama
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

People wanted harder HNM, and well, they sure got them. Maybe now BG, and all of the other great HNMLS finally have a few HNM to challenge them?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyne
    45-80? people? lmfao, that would make him 3x the diffuculty of kirin or nidhogg, no no this is wrong.
    errr..... are you thinking that these new HNMs are easier than Kirin or any of the big 3? if so you are extremelly mistaken... there is a reason why most servers haven't beaten any of them yet. If they we just like the old ones they would be all dust by now.

and I don't know if you could say they are 3x harder than those guys but for sure they are at least at the 2x scale. lol

Arieus

Goodluck killing Vrtra he was tried by best NA linkshell on my server Kujata. All of us 73-75 got served twice ; ; but i heard that some 100 people tried it on another server and still couldn't beat it i'm guessing it's the harder of the 3 =P

Looks like Tiamat died yesterday to NA LS Ascendant Sky. He drop some crap items lol.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

What a gay attempt to expand the endgame...

The addition of these HNMs into the game is basically either meant to be a joke or to show that they're going to greatly scale up the endgame a lot soon (I'm guessing the former).

It's pretty obvious that the release of these new wyrms is a basically a test run for their Promathia endgame. Nobody would bother with going through the trouble to kill these things for the crap loot that they drop other than to make the point that they can actually kill them. Designing a HNM for 30-40+ people to kill when your game's grouping system is designed to support 18 (most of the time) is incredibly stupid.

I'm pretty disappointed that these wyrms are already being killed on servers basically using a strategy that's been used on countless HNMs already. If SE wants to make these worthwhile encounters, they should at least make them un-marathonable.

If this is some lame attempt to scale out-of-Dynamis encounters into 36 or 64 person encounters without changing the alliance system, then SE needs a reality check. Swapping people into a fight when you have more than 18 people who show up is already gay enough. I really don't want this to become the standard requirement in this game.

Rather than insert these grossly imbalanced encounters into this game and give them placeholder loot (I'm sure AS really enjoyed getting beetle blood for all their hard work), I'd rather SE actually *finish* the content that was supposed to be released with CoP. Promise us 4 new regions and over 40 new areas and give us 2-3 new regions (3 if you count promyvion) and more like 15-20 new areas (I don't consider BC areas to be actual *content* areas...)... expansion indeed. I would rather have the content finished and given to us properly instead of basically giving us the meal without giving us the silverware for it.

While they're at it, maybe SE can finish dynamis properly too (yeah, I'm *sure* it was good design to release relic weapons without actually giving any realistic way to upgrade them to a useful stage).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Dynamis, sky, and merits are all the latest end game push... all 3 of these have keep me content... i'm sure there will be more to come.

In everyone on-line game, the most Hardcore people are always begging for more.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Sky HNMs have been released for almost a year now. They have added absolutely nothing new to sky since then. We junk most of the items we get from there now anyways. If you tried to hunt in sky during JP primetime, good luck even getting any pop items.

Merit points, while a nice way to spend time, result in very little advancement. SE decided to make the scope of merit points so narrow that all it does is stretch 2 levels worth of stats (if that) into 5 or 6 levels worth of experience grinding (in the same areas that are already overcrowded).

Dynamis was a good concept and fun, but they seriously need to do something about relic currency. Taking 6 months worth of runs to do 1 upgrade is ridiculous.

Overall, it's been probably 6 months since the last *real* endgame content release (Dynamis-Xarcabard). I don't consider anything released from this expansion so far to be real endgame because it's all either unreleased or unfinished. Instead of adding in PvP content that's hardly used anymore and weddings, they should've been making sure they finished the content that was *supposed* to be released with the expansion.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Re: What a gay attempt to expand the endgame...

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    The addition of these HNMs into the game is basically either meant to be a joke or to show that they're going to greatly scale up the endgame a lot soon (I'm guessing the former).

It's pretty obvious that the release of these new wyrms is a basically a test run for their Promathia endgame. Nobody would bother with going through the trouble to kill these things for the crap loot that they drop other than to make the point that they can actually kill them. Designing a HNM for 30-40+ people to kill when your game's grouping system is designed to support 18 (most of the time) is incredibly stupid.
    I agree with this post.

BTW - /wave to all, I'm from Paradise Oblivion, Linkshell on Midgardsormr.

Vrtra is said to rival Kirin.... Thats what some people on Allakhazam were saying. They suspect hes around level 95. Kirin is 90.. but he summons the 4 gods to fight as well.

Vrtra, doesnt summon anything.... but hes still the hardest of the 3 new HNM Dragons. Good Luck to the BG in trying to beat this guy up.

P.S: Ondori.... you better make a video of that!

And on what quicklet said... They do need to add more to the game. I mean... im only a 22 pld right now, so im not one of those 75 hardcores who are bored all the time. But, FFXI needs more for the 75's to do. HNMs get boring after you beat them several times.

Maybe SE wasnt expecting people to beat Kirin so fast. Maybe they thought he would be the final straw, and nobody would kill him... But after so many godly LS have... they scrambled to add harder HNMs for your pleasure. Give them a break, there is always there are always people WAY better then the testers they use to try out thier new stuff.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Vrtra actually does, in fact, summon.

She summons undead mobs.

Well.... thats nuttin compared to the gods that kirin summons.

I still want to see a video of him getting beat up. :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

theres a kirin video on theorderls.com...... under videos... if you know what youre doing, kirin isnt that hard. all the good HNM ls farm kirin and can do him with relative ease.

....still, i wanna kill him <.<;

but yea, not even the strongest HNMls on our server can take vrtra. i know dame has been wiped a couple times by him, and theyve killed the other 2 already. sekai, dunno about sekai, but im doubting it.

anyway, from what i hear about kirin and stories about vrtra, vrtra is like kirins great grand daddy >.<;