Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for the Blms     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Question for the Blms

Ok before i ask my question I'd like to mention how much i love all the videos you guys have made, and i really respect all your accomplishments as a LS. The feeling of family in this LS is a very very refreshing change of pace with many of the HNM LS's in my server that are run more like a unfeeling military dictatorship. In short, keep up the good work ^^. Ok onto my question.

Let me preface my question with a little info on my character.
    lvl 68 Blm/34 Whm Tarutaru
    Weapon - Ice/Thunder/Dark/Fire staffs
    Body + Head - Black Cloak (though i switch in AF body + hat for Sleeping)
    Hands - AF
    Legs - AF
    Feet- AF
    Waist - Arachne Obi
    Back - Black cape+1
    Rings - Zircons
    Earring1 - Enhancing earring (100k for morion = pshaw)
    Earring2 - Moldavite earring
    Ammo - Phantom Tathlum

Now, I am quickly aproaching the holy lvls (73-75) where all the best of blm seem to come out and shine in equip and spells. But, I'm confused on what to wear for my body armor. When I look at stats of armors superficially the choice seems obvious, Igqira Weskit + AF Hat for nuking, Black Cloak for anything else, but more and more I see high lvl Blm's in Errant Houple instead of the Weskit. Is there something I'm missing? Or is it just that maybe Weskit is too expensive for their tastes?

What do you guys wear? And please explain why you feel it is the best option.

Thank you.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Question for the Blms

The feeling of family in this LS is a very very refreshing change of pace with many of the HNM LS's in my server that are run more like a unfeeling military dictatorship. In short, keep up the good work ^^. Ok onto my question.

If that was only true

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

OK zigma...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

sorry... but when i read that it kinda well.. you know.

no offense.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

you'd have to be in the LS to understand how much fun it is ^^ Z.

-Ondori-

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

now back to the topic

first, get rid of the enhancing earring. seriously...thats just embarassing

for a lot of people its a matter of expense. others have other reasons.

weskit has no enmity- making it impractical for something where you need a lot of hate reduction (mainly on things that we can actually do dmg on whereas other melees cant really do anything. case in point aspidochelone and fafnir/nidhogg). af1 hat is the best in the game still, because that gay af2 sucks so bad

refer to my signature for my gear. i have all hq staffs except for earth because 1. they're never on sale 2. overpriced whenever it is 3. if i try and bid i get gaijin taxed and 4. its the worst one

cloak's single purpose is for refresh effect while running around. dont ever nuke with it like those pussies thinking 8 elemental skill can do anything. 10 less int and 7 more enmity to you is just stupid.

basically what i'm telling you is, if you're low on money, you need to make a few million if you want to keep your gear updated. you need to have multiple pieces of everything...i have 9 weapons 1 ranged 4 neck piece 6 earrings 2 headpiece 2 body piece (hoping to get af2 to replace cloak) 4 gloves 6 rings 1 cape 2 waist piece 3 leg piece and zenith pumps as my only shoes.

my mog house is owned ._.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

veritas hit most of it.. but a lot of it can be saved for post-75 work. HQ staves arent ness for an XP pt.. for example, but you should attain them as soon as you can. as far as what you wear for nuking, you should always pack something like the errant coat even if you have a weskit.. even tho the weskit is the better piece, you will want the errant coat for resting and if hate is becoming an issue.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

if you dont suck.....^^.......you can get by with shitty equipment and still be on the verge of pulling too much hate and dieing everyfight-thats why i chose taru blm so i can be a poor POS(im working on leaving this status) and still deal good dmg cuss of my base stats. RDM SUBJOB ONRY

Opps forgot to put in Elemental Torque ^^;

Alright great comments so far, I think i need to reiterate that I am only 68 so far. Your comments sound like they're shooting towards HNM's but i still need to worry about exp'ing

I will replace my enhancing earring, but atm elemental staffs are about 150-200 each so why spend 100k on +1 int when i can nearly buy another staff... Maybe I should've also mentioned I'm in a static pt of Pld, War/nin, Drk/thf, Whm/smn, Brd/whm, and myself which will be lasting untill we hit 75. I also plan to aquire all HQ elemental staffs asap, but i need to find out how to spend my money so it best increases my efficiency for the time being, but that's a whole other matter that I'm sure every job faces...

But the main concern of mine was really the body, I think i understand a little more why someone would use a Errant Houppelande instead of Weskit for HNM purposes, but how can you be the Suicidal Black Mage Team while worrying about -enmity

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

If you hadnt already guessed that was me

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

the suicidal part isnt because we take too much hate. we just nuke like mad while weakened or have no buffs, etc. efficiency and suicidal are seperate cases.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas
    cloak's single purpose is for refresh effect while running around. dont ever nuke with it like those pussies thinking 8 elemental skill can do anything. 10 less int and 7 more enmity to you is just stupid.
    OMFGLMFAOBBQ!!!!!

Yeah Vert I spoke with you on this subject and on other BLM stuff, I'd like to thank you. That quote is so true, sometimes I get flamed for not nuking with my cloak on, because I macro change to af setup for nuke then back to cloak between/after the nukes for a couple points of mp.

I'm 69BLM 41RDM 37 WHM Rank7

btw, thanks very again for the info in rdm subbing, very helpful, I've never once looked back at sub whm, Fast cast,phalanx, Gravity (which helped me duo AQ recently with a rng) is a godsend, I really enjoy it.

Love to you all Verty expecially, and 22 because your so cool =P and Ondori for making some awsome vids. Keep up the good work guys.