Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RDM -> RNG     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RDM -> RNG

Hello, im currently playing as a RDM. But im thinking about changing to RNG. Is there something special i shall think about? I would really appreciate help from here because i love your videos and your LS seems to be awesome ^^

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

yea ^^; as rdm wanting to go rng myself, it takes money ^^;

Xavier

Both are really useful for endgame fights, but at least in our LS, it seems that RNG > all. So if you want to be the supreme, all powerful, all knowing being on the server, play a ranger.

As a ranger, when you walk through lower jeuno, random people will /kneel to you, children will shout out your name in praise, randomly your Mog will be sent millions of gil.

As a RDM, it is quite the opposite. When people see you, they will always be /disgusted, thieves will constantly /ja "Steal" and /ja "Mug" you, you will have trouble holding down friendships, as people can't be seen with you.

But hey, don't let that influence you, play whatever you want to.

its been surprising to me how many people switch to RNG then quit because of cost. everyone assumes rng is the most powerful melee and therefore the best, which is not true.

i think people should play a job that they want to play, not because its teh best. and im not just sayin that cause im a RNG.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

well, in dynamis-beaucedine

rangers are named "Meticulous"

red mages are named "Pimplebeak"

you should figure it out from there. rdm is very useful and required, tho.

... it doesn't take as much money as everyone thinks though... if you're smart about where you put your money.

Xavier

Well, you could lvl ranger very, very cheaply. Sub ninja, and only dual wield 2 axes, no ranged weapon, no blink.

And then be laughed at.

By everyone.

Alot of people say you need a lot of money to start RNG and that is not necessarily true. It just depends on how quickly you want to level. I did not have much capital when i started RNG so i just stopped leveling for as long as it took to get the money i needed for next 5 to 10 levels. Then I would level until i needed more arrows or next upgrade. Rinse and Repeat.

I will tell you this though, as a RNG you are EXPECTED to have the best equip (all +1's) and always to usse food. Most "good" players do this already but I have seen where other jobs can get away with not doing this in greater numbers.

I would suggest leveling alchemy and woodworking crafts aswell, if you have not already done so. This will save you TONS of money in the long run.

Hope this helped.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

the above post was from me. Good start on first post.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Madac
    I will tell you this though, as a RNG you are EXPECTED to have the best equip (all +1's) and always to usse food. Most "good" players do this already but I have seen where other jobs can get away with not doing this in greater numbers.
    well think of this way.

you can get a level in 2 hours or you can get a level in 4 hours. if you use food and good equip it's a lot easier to get that level in 2 hours.

for most jobs, all they save is time. for a RNG, in addition to time you also saved yourself 2 hours worth of ammo.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Oh i agree with you that you need to do it but some new rng's (as said above) realize the expense of it and quit. I just wanted him/her to know what people expect from you as a rng and what you need.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    As a RDM, it is quite the opposite. When people see you, they will always be /disgusted, thieves will constantly /ja "Steal" and /ja "Mug" you, you will have trouble holding down friendships, as people can't be seen with you.
    The sad part is that this is very true.

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

Um...I must be an exception to this....as rdm I have always been respected by others and got alot of /kneel from people. Rdm may not be a damage dealing job like rng or blm or anything else that can pick up a stick or sword or knife but we are very useful... How many of you can stand a pt without an Rdm constantly casting paralyze,slow,gravity,blind and other enfeebs and of course refresh...We Red Mages are important indeed, those who says otherwise have not seen a good rdm at work.