BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dynamis and the moon.

After our wretched AF drops in Dynamis - Beaucedine I decided to map out the moon phases for our next few Dynamis runs. According to the Pyogenes Timer, tonight we are going to have a last quarter moon, and the new moon is going to dominate most of our next two runs after that. The Oct 31st run will miss the new moon, and the Nov 3rd run will have a little new moon time. (If we actually start when we are supposed to.)

This is the projected schedule for the next 4 new moons that fall on our Dynamis dates; times are EST.
    Code:
    Sun 10/24 02:50:24PM -- 10/24 09:33:36PM
    Wed 10/27 11:28:48PM -- 10/28 06:12:00AM
    Sun 10/31 07:07:12AM -- 10/31 01:50:24PM
    Wed 11/03 03:45:36PM -- 11/03 10:28:48PM
    I heard that drops are slightly better during the new moon, (still not as good as the full moon) so hopefully this will bring us some good luck. Sadly the calendar with the advanced projection feature is not working; otherwise we could project 15 new and full moons. If anyone has the formula to determine full and new moons, let me know. I could probably whip up something in Flash that would be handy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I subscribe to the theory that Dynamis drops are completely and totally random, with the exception of Beaucedine and Xarcabard - drops there seem to be notoriously bad.

why do you care sept, you'll never win AF2, and if you're the only one lotting, your power will go out or soemthing

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    why do you care sept, you'll never win AF2, and if you're the only one lotting, your power will go out or soemthing
    That is a very good point. Or I will win a drop, FFXI will crash to the desktop right before I receive it and a non RDM will wind up with it. Or someone will lot on it as a joke and I will be Tchorted.

Oh, I did a little projection, the full moon will start influencing our dynamises around December 5th. I fell like Jean Dixon, writing up with astrological charts and such.

charting moon phases that aren't real... we need to go out and buy lives, all of us

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    charting moon phases that aren't real... we need to go out and buy lives, all of us
    No time for a life. I need full Crimson Scale first.

Xavier

I would say that clearly the moon phase effects AF2 drops, as today in dynamis absolutely owned. le pwnt, as hellboy would say.

I think AF2 drops is appropriate to moon phase AND xavier death rate.. >_>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The blood of Xavier is the currency with which we purchase AF2. LET HIS BLOOD FLOW!!!!

But this last run does seem to support the conjecture that the moon affects AF2 drops. Maybe we should write down the time, date, and moon phase when we get an AF2 drop.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

moon phase affects everything in the game, this is common knowledge. everyone knows farming is best on new/full moon, whether inside or outside of dynamis. seriously, lots of other NA dynamis linkshells know for a fact that they've gotten much better AF drops during full or new moon. there is no question as to that.

the only question is, do wiffleball leaders care? they all seem to be obsessed with the notion that AF2 doesn't matter and we're all in this for the experience (or loss of experience) and the cutscenes.

Well you have to be realistic, you can't plan stuff around moon phases, if we set random times for dynamis, attendance would drop dramatically, by having a set time for each one, it's easier to plan around it so you can show up. It was nice that we got a lot of AF2 during the new moon yesterday, but you can't just set random times if you want people to be able to make it.

Black Belt
    BG Level

they all seem to be obsessed with the notion that AF2 doesn't matter and we're all in this for the experience (or loss of experience) and the cutscenes.
    many of the cutscenes are crucial to getting the Lv 75 AF2 and ultimately the relic weapons. when we are capable of getting the Lv 75 pieces than it would be practical to put the other AF2 pieces as a priority.

before than the priority should be to get to that point, which involves exploring on days where the moon is not optimal for drops. going back to places we've done many times so more people can get items to access Xarcabard.

and scheduling is a real serious issue. you can't randomly change dates when this kind of thing involves 40+ people.

i can see in the future cancelling a farming run on a bad moon so not to waste 1Mil on one piece of AF. but changing the date isn't going to work very well ever.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

well, I agree we can't plan dynamis "around moon phase" because ppl have lives and stuff and have schedules to live by, school, work, and whatever else, but a good idea would be if we acutally checked moon phase before doing future runs. So let's say it happens that during a wednesday, which is now set to be city days, we see that we will have full moon/new moon, then we could probably go do a glacier or xarcabard run instead of the cities (since cities to seem to be THAT dependend on moon - at least we don't get BST AF onry >.>). Then we would still be doing dynamis on the same days and time but just adjusting to get better drops on AF in those 2 places that are extremelly annoying with AF.

After AF2 fest yesterday, I think we should really consider doing that. Just keep the next 2 planned dynamis the way they are because ppl that just joined still need bastok and after that we could adjust the runs by the moon.

Oh and of course we need to have Xavier the Sacrifial Samurai too... Xavier you own lol

Black Belt
    BG Level

So let's say it happens that during a wednesday, which is now set to be city days
    i don't think this is set, after Bastok this week and Windurst the one after we're not going back to the cities for awhile.

Xavier

I believe the schedule calls for Bastok > Beau > Windy > Beau > Xarc > Beau > Blank.

Finishing 4 nations, clearing Beau again, attempting Xarc with 64 people, I can't explain another Beau, and then its up for grabs. After that nobody can give you a definitive answer, so stay tuned.

In all honesty, I really have no problem dying 20 times during 1 dynamis. Just let me lot on all of the +150 exp scrolls that drop, and we'll call it even, deal?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

>.>

what do you think we are sacrificing here?... of course the ofering only works if you lose exp.. if you get it back the gods will be angry, and only BST AF2 will drop...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

yea, as well as 10,000,000 ito's

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Imperatrix on Xavier theory:
    what do you think we are sacrificing here?... of course the ofering only works if you lose exp.. if you get it back the gods will be angry, and only BST AF2 will drop...
    Layoniel on Moon theory:
    i can see in the future cancelling a farming run on a bad moon so not to waste 1Mil on one piece of AF

After today's dynamis I cant decide whether to laugh at the irony or cry from bitter hopelessness.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

OK deus... you should just be happy that you got closer to catching up to Imp so youll be able to lot. You should love the fact that it was not cancelled.

[deleted]