Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear for HNM LSes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Gear for HNM LSes

I have some questions concernign gear for HNMs

my HNM ls is going to camp Roc today for the first time, and we where wondering how we could best benifit if we got the Staff drop

~WHM~
    What i was thinking (im the leader) was that we sell the staff, then buy 2 Apollo's staffs for our WHMs, Healing staff doesnt seem that usefull to a Mage because they use the Darkstaff while resting anyway
    however the WHMs want the healing staff to be given to a single WHM, what would best benifit the LS?

~tanks~
    what is better Adaman curias or AF body?

~RDMS~
    Most Redmages want the joyuse but isnt Enhancing sword better?

~BLM~
    what is better the iqria or Errant?

~MNK~
    what is better Iruqi katars or avengers?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

apollo's staff? the hell are you gonna get outta that, +5% more banish damage? oh yea!!

today we got a healing staff and gave it to buru because she's been most active whm w/o lag and splitting 1.3mil along like 14 ppl really sucks

plds should wear aegisjahmlr/koenig set/af2. adaman is a piece of shit for most occasions. mp gear no thanks

um...red mages should use HQ staffs. joyeuse? the hell you gonna have them do, go melee hnm's with their almightly B- sword skill shitty str and crap weapon skills? enhancing sword? +5 dmg per enspell when they cant hit anyway? why the hell are your rdms meleeing anyway? rdm is a backline support job for dispel/refresh/all debuffs and should use HQ staffs

blm should also have all HQ staffs iqgira set errant set and assloads of int and magic atk+ gear. any blm wearing zenith legs should be shot. same with any blm nuking with black cloak.

mnk - figure it out, considering that punching nm's with insanely high evasion gets you nowhere...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

apollo staff also has +10% cure potency veri.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

it does? then why does it say cure potency +10%, the same as light staff? if it was +20% instead of +10% i'm sure all the pg whms would be boasting apollo's staff not healing staff.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I cant wait to get a healing staff

just rest with dark staff till full, then equip healing staff without standing up, you still have the mp buildup from resting and its only +50 mp, thats 1-2 ticks

I think Yummy meant that apollos has +10% cure as well as the p.o.s. light spell enhancment thing no one uses (i agree though, unless your a smn apollos = waste )

Black Belt
    BG Level

Most Redmages want the joyuse but isnt Enhancing sword better?
    that's a price issue, using either for HNMs is stupid as Veritas said.

I think Yummy meant that apollos has +10% cure as well as the p.o.s. light spell enhancment thing no one uses (i agree though, unless your a smn apollos = waste )
    BRD and BST should use it too, 15% increase in effectiveness for Lullaby, Charm and whatever else that is Light Based.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas
    it does? then why does it say cure potency +10%, the same as light staff? if it was +20% instead of +10% i'm sure all the pg whms would be boasting apollo's staff not healing staff.

actually... now that i think about it, it kinda makes sense that the HQ light would offer more healing potential than the +10% listed.. if you figure that it will enhance all light-based spells, which includes cures. hell, look how much diff lights day makes..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

no

cure + potency is a listed EFFECT BOOST on the staffs

if you compare this to "evasion+10" that wind staff gives, its the same principle

auster's staff doesnt give evasion+15, it gives evasion+10

similarly, the EFFECT BOOST of hq light staff is the SAME as nq light staff

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

im talking about the hidden effect... just like hq ice staff provides more damage bonus than nq.. even tho theres nothing listed that states that

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

thats a hidden effect. hidden effect of light staff is light elemental attack magic +10%. that would include banish and dia. apollo's staff would make banish and dia do 15% more dmg

if apollo's staff is +15% cure potency then aquilo's staff must be +15 elemental skill, auster's staff must be evasion +15...etc

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas
    apollo's staff? the hell are you gonna get outta that, +5% more banish damage? oh yea!!

today we got a healing staff and gave it to buru because she's been most active whm w/o lag and splitting 1.3mil along like 14 ppl really sucks

plds should wear aegisjahmlr/koenig set/af2. adaman is a piece of shit for most occasions. mp gear no thanks

um...red mages should use HQ staffs. joyeuse? the hell you gonna have them do, go melee hnm's with their almightly B- sword skill shitty str and crap weapon skills? enhancing sword? +5 dmg per enspell when they cant hit anyway? why the hell are your rdms meleeing anyway? rdm is a backline support job for dispel/refresh/all debuffs and should use HQ staffs

blm should also have all HQ staffs iqgira set errant set and assloads of int and magic atk+ gear. any blm wearing zenith legs should be shot. same with any blm nuking with black cloak.

mnk - figure it out, considering that punching nm's with insanely high evasion gets you nowhere...
    can you please explain why you said that in the bold? i would assume the Black Cloak is good for nuking?

The only people see buying a apollo's staff are BST because it has a hidden effect. It increases the chances of you charming a mob by a certain percent or something. Some people say it's better then a monster signa. Some people say it don't but 4 our 5 use the apollo's staff so go figure.

apollo's staff also lowers the cost on carbuncle by -2mp (if i remember) Another hidden effect.

Also staffs can be used by bards so a mob has less resistance when it comes to a song (Earth staff and Elegy if i remember correctly)

correct me if i'm wrong.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Guest was me.

and for the love of god

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It's not good for nuking, 8 elemental skill @ higher lvls does jack, Your resist are almost nothing because of your base int +your added int. if that wasn't enough Errant gear gives -enim and alot of int, which int effects both resist and dmg potential.

So your wearing a cloak that takes up 2 slots for 1/3 refresh?>

It's nice between nukes and stuff where you don't gather hate though.

just my 2 cents.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

you lose 10-11 INT or magic atk bonus+6/7 and get 3-7 more enmity wearing black cloak to nuke. so hit for about 70 dmg or so less and gain more hate. what a great plan. anyone who nukes with cloak is retarded

apollo's staff boosts ALL light element and gives carbuncle perpetuation -3. this works for charm and lullaby (which means it owns for both bard and bst making signa pretty worthless past 51) and also banish/dia

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyne
    if that wasn't enough Errant gear gives -enim and alot of int, which int effects both resist and dmg potential.
    and thats not confirmed. to my experience boasting 3509834 int doesnt help resists. this is why elv can play blm as well or better than tar. int affects elemental dmg formula directly and unknown to elemental skill.

i still use cloak for melee/running around/btwn casts and to reduce hate post-nuke

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

For the most part I was going off experiance and some similair aggrement posts. Although not confirmed it seems that:

Elemental Magic: Resist only
    Int: Resist and DMg
    Magic Attack Bonus: Dmg only

But like you said vert, it's still no true proven formula, but it's kinda the same how chr affects hate some wierd way.

Joft has this theory that more CHR = more hate based of how he kept on getting hate when he melee'd with his pet while leveling bst and didn't get as much when he melee'd with dex+ rings, and another example is how brd's somehow get hate from fafnir all the time, and then how koenig gives chr+. Buuuuuuuuuuut no one's really sure, so whatevers.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

i am right now in beaucidine waiting on people to show up to dynamis. and somebody elses claimed tiger started going after me as i ran by. chr the explaination?