Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First time HNMers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

First time HNMers

Hello! New to the forums, just want to say I enjoy your videos and screens! Well, I have a few questions too, hehe.

Our linkshell (the longest running NA... maybe not just NA, who knows...ls on Ragnarok) is beginning to get enough high lvl people to do HNMs. We've killed Steelfleece a few times and attempted Serket (he only had 10% health left and our pld died. Our thf/nin was the only one left... well, there were a few healing/recovering mages... and then the thf died and no one had any hate so we lost it). We currently have about 50 members, probably 10 or so are lvl 70+ and rest are 60, 65+, everyone nearing 70 quickly.

We're going to start off with some "baby" HNMs like Serket, Behemoth, Roc, etc (also to get basic equip like claw for scorpian harness, serket ring, healing staff), but was wondering if you could give us any words of advice. How do you distribute drops? When you decide to fight an HNM, do you just pick that particular one because you randomly heard of its ToD from another person or do you somehow keep track? Holding back on your WS so the HNM doesn't gain and crapload of TP, is that a good idea or should you just be a MEGA DAMAGING FOOL (dun dun dun)? Any other tips?

Thanks so much. :D

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

bump?

You basically just asked "how should we fight HNMs and distribute drops and run our LS" all in the same question.

This game isn't like, something where you have to do the same thing everyone else does. Screw around a bit--explore.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I just want to see what others do so that I can make my own judgments and uses similar ideas for our linkshell, apply the ideas accordingly.

We started out as a social linkshell and we're all good friends, but we're not perfect and we fight sometimes. I don't want everyone getting greedy or upset because they think that so and so got this item is unfair. I've heard some people just have the linkshell leader decide and that's the final say. I've also heard of a point system where you can build up points helping out (coffer runs, etc) and then "bid" on the item with your points. There is also the matter a linkshell bank, something we do not currently have. Would that gil be used just for food/medecine/nin tools or do you buy big pieces of equip for one person only or for it to be circulated through the linkshell? If for just one person, how do you base who gets what...is it soley on what would benefit the linkshell more or who has helped the most? etc

I know I just asked a lot of questions, but I just want to see what others use and what they think about their own system. Don't flame me for gathering up some info and doing research before I make some decisions. :wink:

No, no, no. You're not doing research.

You're asking someone to tell you exactly how another linkshell does things so that you can emulate it for yours.

That's not research.

Also, I didn't flame you at all, if you read anything in my post.

Black Belt
    BG Level

You're asking someone to tell you exactly how another linkshell does things so that you can emulate it for yours.

That's not research.
    asking people how they do things is a form of research.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

yup. And hording away info how you distribute items is silly, it's not like it's some super huge secret that should stay... secret.

I know everyone does it a little differently though and just want some opinions. It's just like anything else: you gather up as much info as possible before making some final desicions. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. Or something. and a black mage.

And the flaming thing was in general for any future replies, I know you didn't flame me.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Good luck distributing loot in a 50-member guild and keeping everyone happy. ^_^

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

haha yeah O.O Not everyone is 60+ as we have some lvl 50 and below people (most of them are real life friends and just began playing) and we have some members that aren't online often due to school, BABIES <3, the usual.

I suppose we're just going to have to tell people that if they whine about not getting such and such THEN WE WILL THUNDAGA III THEM AND FEED THIER FRIED REMAINS TO THE TONBERRIES. Or something.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odyne
    THUNDAGA III THEM AND FEED THIER FRIED REMAINS TO THE TONBERRIES. Or something.
    Seeing as Tonberries are short, green, and have glow in the dark cucumbers for eyes, one can only assume they are vegetarian

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Ah, no wonder the mandys live in the jungle. They're tonberry food. It all makes sense now...

You forgot the n00bs.

They're food to the mandies so they can get in good shape for the tonberries.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

But... the newbs are there because a high level healer who at some point in time killed mandies offered to pl his friends brothers sister in law and a bunch of mandy food.. i mean newbs were in the pt that the high level healer pl'd .... So tonberries are green because a healer is related to a lowb in a newb pt?

I lost myself :/

this is dumb

good thing you escaped. :wink: