Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dragoon question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

dragoon question

okay i play on a different server and i am a lvl 58 drg/war so i know my job isn't the best or wanted alot. but am i able to fight in HNM fights cause there is like 3 or 4 HNM i dunno if the gods are considered HNMs. but i try to keep the best gear on for my job and i think im a really good dragoon think ya can give me a little advice thanks in advance.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Well.... you wont be able to do much as dragoon for any gods and major HNMs. But if you wanna keep playing as dragoon, I suggest getting +accuracy gear and if you cant get +accuracy gear in that slot get +STR or +attack. And if you have money to toss around buy a set of all +STR gear and switch those in for WS.

oh i do i get nothing but like the best possible attack , str., dex, and accuracy gear i can wear. so this will mean alot of people won't do HNM with me? and i havea lvl 37 samurai for lvl 60 *shrugs* i just wanted to make sure im on the right track

DRG = bad... you should really raise anything but dragoon... their ws aren't that good, damage isn't even near a ranger or dark knight.

DRG maybe fun, but if you plan to do HNMs with a serious LS... you cant be DRG

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I think people underestimate all that dragoons can do. At high levels, yeah they're no ranger or dark, but they deal decent damage just the same.

Honestly Lefay you need to be about lvl 70+ if you want to do serious HNMs... so go lvl! ^^

yeah i know i gotta be strong im like lvl 58 got most my artifact armor using an assault earring, sun rings (sniper rings are expensive on my server) mermans gorget a spike earing and valkyries mask :/ and im saving up for my grand knights lance and amemit mantle. but i agree people do unterestimate us i do get alot of compliments on how good of a drg i am. as far as drk i don't like drks too much yeah they can be really strong but they barely hit atleast a drg hits more then them well a good one anyways :/ plus im in a static they are really good too.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lefay
    yeah i know i gotta be strong im like lvl 58 got most my artifact armor using an assault earring, sun rings (sniper rings are expensive on my server) mermans gorget a spike earing and valkyries mask :/ and im saving up for my grand knights lance and amemit mantle. but i agree people do unterestimate us i do get alot of compliments on how good of a drg i am. as far as drk i don't like drks too much yeah they can be really strong but they barely hit atleast a drg hits more then them well a good one anyways :/ plus im in a static they are really good too.
    that is totally dependable on the armor they are wearing and what race they are ^^

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

drk has useful abilities and weapons skills of correct elements. the reason that drg doesnt get to do much is not because of baseline damage, but because they have no useful abilities and their weapon skills cant make useful skillchains with rangers. drgs dont get really exceptional gear (hecatomb sucks really bad vs adaman for meleeing normally) either. the best melee dmg dealers are still drks by far. exp pt and endgame are completely different

oh, and drg/sam wont get you anywhere out of exp pt. the game really begins at lv75, exping to 75 is just the training.

well now i just feel like i wasted all that time with lvling samurai, then lvling dragoon and i can't quiet it either so i guess i will continue lvling my ranger and ninja i like those jobs and they make a really good combination but i love my drg job so much more. but thanks for the input its appericated :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

lots of people really like playing drg as the job. blame square for making them less useful than other jobs in HNM situations :/

Sea Torques
    BG Level

you should lvl up your sword skill if you wanna get somewhat involved on gods.

ooh i actually am lvling up my sword skill just gotta buy a sword i will after my grand knights lance.