Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kasber

Savage Blade - are you serious....

ok well i spent the past week doing this quest thinking that i was going to get this sweet Weapon Skill. Figured ok this is a quest so must be some what decent.
    Granted it looks nice and all but

WHERES MY DMG????
    where did it go?

did my character get tired from doing the 300 points where it cant do any dmg with this, i mean omg im so disapointed in the DMG output i want to cry ; ;

what do you all think about this, i know its the Ws that does light Sc but atleast give us some sort of Dmg on it right?

look forward to seeing what you all thing

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I cannot speak from personal experience, but I have heard that most of the quested weapon skills are very disappointing.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Don't expect a lot of quest WS to be better than the LV65s.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Which is sad, since you have to put in a lot of work to get the quested weapon skills. They should be the second most powerful skills, right after the relic weapon skills.

kasber

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Which is sad, since you have to put in a lot of work to get the quested weapon skills. They should be the second most powerful skills, right after the relic weapon skills.
    see this is exaclty what i was thinking. . . definately glad to see that im not the only person who is upset over this^^

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Most of them are fine the way they are. Some are actually stronger, others provide different renkei combinations. A few should be looked at but other than that, there's no reason to change them. Savage Blade doesn't really need to be changed since no job is based around doing damage with sword to begin with.

Edit: It's good for farming btw.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Savage Blade should be more powerful than Vorpal Blade. Just like Eviseration should be more powerful than Cyclone. It is stupid to even have the weapon skills in there otherwise.

I cleared my sword 2 months ago and then waited 2 months to kill the NM, and I finally did and the damage sucks, but I knew it would so I wasn't too surprised, it's still pretty though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

savage blade has a big multiplier for 300% kind of like spirits within. and it stacks with sneak attack too, i did over 1000dmg with 300%+sneak attack

yeah that's true, but if you get 300% tp why not use spirits within and get some gauranteed damage?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    yeah that's true, but if you get 300% tp why not use spirits within and get some gauranteed damage?
    Because it is pretty and to make it feel like you didn't waste your time killing so many mobs?

Just a thought.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

you have to understand how weapon skills work before judging how much you got bullshitted

theres many different types of weapon skills. most do direct damage (elemental or not) while others have effects. in all cases, effects compromise damage

every weapon skill, aside from your attack + str vs. enemy def + vit, has its own multipliers. for example the ws Spirit Taker has an INT component 50 and MND component 50. this is directly related to stats seperate of the initial ATK/STR vs DEF/VIT modifiers.

each ws performs differently at different tp. for example, sidewinder is 5x dmg regardless of tp, and its accuracy is varied for tp %. full swing, however, is 1x dmg at 100% tp but grows to 5x dmg at 300% tp and has no variation on accuracy. some ws's like retribution do not change that much over time, with a 2.5x 3x 3.5x multiplier at 100% 200% and 300% tp.

you also have to consider element. each lv65-67 ws has a single property of distortion, fragmentation, gravitation, or fusion. all quested ws have dual properties; for example, savage blade is both fragmentation(primary) and scission(secondary), which makes it able to finish(and ironically, start) a 2 person sc of distortion. this gives more versatility to the ws, as savage blade can start or finish light, and start or finish distortion, depending on what ws precedes/follows.

you also have to consider that you're a pld, which is not a great offensive class. also, most 1hand swords are not impressive in their dmg/delay ratio.

square made this game's everything to balance out with each other and to create strategy. its just unfortunate that pld's dex is low and they need mp or they could help out with a lot of useful skillchains. but then again, pld's aren't supposed to do dmg

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

<3 Asuran fists.

Xavier

Yeah, for SAM for example, Tachi: Kasha is basically the same dmg as gekko, but allows me to light skillchain with drks, mnks, thf, pld, and a few other I'm sure. They all have different purposes. Besides, when did a pld ever really do dmg with a WS in an xp pt?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Besides, when did a pld ever really do dmg with a WS in an xp pt?
    Could the PLD be wearing a haubergeon and 2 STR rings? >_>

Xavier

[True Strike]. But if I was ever in a pt with a pld who did that, besides Arno, I'd instantly kick him, blacklist, and let the door hit him on the way out.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've always heard that the quested WS were mostly not that great. The only exception I know of is Steel Cyclone.

[True Strike]. But if I was ever in a pt with a pld who did that, besides Arno, I'd instantly kick him, blacklist, and let the door hit him on the way out.
    bitch what about me, I look better in a haubergeon than arno

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I joined a PT with Dthax one time.

He was wearing his sapara of trials and insisted on setting up a Darkness skillchain, even though weapons are weak to Light. He never rested, either - all for a crappy (yet impressive looking) 250 WS.

I think that was the last PT I joined with him tanking.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    bitch what about me, I look better in a haubergeon than arno
    I'd rather you party naked...