Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enfeeble & MND + CHR     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Enfeeble & MND + CHR

Hello, Worldbfree 67 RDM on Alexander

I don't think there has ever been a solid factual answer to this, but what stats are beneficial to Enfeeble?

Its pretty much assumed that INT helps in some way with Black magic enfeeble spells, although in what way is still up in the air (i.e. does it increase chance of landing, or duration of sticking, or just the elemental debuffs)

and MND does the same for white magic enfeebles.

CHR however has been said to benefit certain CHR based spells and +5 CHR goes hand and hand with Enfeeble Skill +15 in RDM AF1 Body.

Not sure if any of you know, but I wanted to put it out here so I can decide wheter to include all MND and some INT gear or add CHR and MND and some INT gear for a max Enfeeble Skill setup.

plus I am Mithra so I may need the CHR.

No one knows what CHR actually does.

Apparently, CHR affects provoke, charm, bard songs, how well you do with the ladies, and if your stuff sells on the AH before anyone elses.

Black Belt
    BG Level

does it increase chance of landing, or duration of sticking
    that's really the same thing. if it sticks for a short duration, that's a partial resist. not landing at all would be a full resist.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Most people believe that Enfeebling Skill determines if the spell is resisted or not, MND or INT determines how long a spell sticks. And of course MND affects white magic enfeebles (dia, paralyze, slow, and silence), INT affects BLM enfeebles (bio, blind, bind, poison, gravity, dispel, and sleep).

I think this is the best explanation to date. I noticed that when I use a wand for casting, my actual stick rate does not improve. (Which at level 60+ you know is a pain even with a capped enfeeble skill.) When I use the proper elemental staff for the spell, enfeebles are infrequently resisted. A normal quality elemental staff gives a +10% bonus to a spell of the corresponding elemental property, a high quality staff gives a +15% bonus. Light staff and Apollo's Staff respectively give a +10% and +15% bonus to Charm. (I have heard of many BST who give up their Monster Signa in favor of an Apollo's Staff after level 51.)

Light- Dia
    Dark- Bio, blind, sleep, drain, aspir
    Water- Poison
    Fire- None
    Ice- Paralyze, bind
    Wind- Silence, gravity
    Earth- Slow
    Thunder- Stun

And as for CHR, no one really knows why it is on RDM AF. Supposedly there are weapon skills that benefit from CHR, but nothing has been proven. I think they put it on the AF so people would sit around scratching their heads trying to figure out why +CHR is on the AF.

If you want to get the most band for your buck out your enfeebles, start acquiring elementals staves. I know on Bahamut the normal quality staves have become quite affordable, the HQ ones are still a bit pricy. Before you fight Maat, you should try to at least have dark, ice, and wind- light and earth are not bad investments for that fight if you can afford them.

Thank you Septimus, that was really helpful

World

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

yea...what he said >.> thanks layoneil as well

Thanks, World

Relic Shield
    BG Level

i'm pretty sure stun is dark magic, not enfeebling magic

dynamis statues resist all enfeebles, but can be stunned

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    Apparently, CHR affects provoke, charm, bard songs, how well you do with the ladies, and if your stuff sells on the AH before anyone elses.
    Having a JP client affects your AH. It's a likely theory that if you have the JP client, your AH stuff will sell faster. It's also likely that the closer you live to Japan, the faster your stuff sells. A similar topic is gaijin taxing, which only applies if you aren't using the JP client, and raises the price of AH items for you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by joft
    i'm pretty sure stun is dark magic, not enfeebling magic

dynamis statues resist all enfeebles, but can be stunned
    It is dark magic; I was just struggling to think of something for each staff. (Besides elemental enfeebles and threnodies.)