Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

what the hell is going on w/ bahamut AH prices?

NT

Yeah, I've noticed a pretty steady inflation on some things. Seems most things are a lot more expensive then they have been in a long time. What item were you looking at?

Peacock Charm has gone from 5 to 10 mil in less than 10 sales, Vermillion Cloak was up to 3.5mil this morning, Snipers went up to 800k a few days ago, Speed Belt jumped from 7mil to 8.5mil in one sale, to name a few. some people said it's cause of RMT, I dunno. but I'm wondering if the price increases will ever cease

I hope the prices go down on certain things. But then again, if now is a good time to camp some cash NMs. :wink:

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Same thing happening on Shiva, Sniper's are I think 700-800k, last Speed Belt I think was 13.5 mil.. on Shiva, there's a bunch of gil sellers basically controlling the price of Archer's Rings by camping them 24/7 Amemet is also 24/7 camped by another gil selling group

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

everyone can thank the gil seller folks, there prices went down on gil so it drove the value of it down. ill give example..

your a gil farmer for one of these places...
    lets say you camp Amemet and at one time the sell value was 1 million gil. online a person could make 100$ profit from selling the 1million. the website would then turn around and sell that 1million for 250$ and make 150$ website profit.

now say the website wants more buisness, so they lower the cost on 1million from the website to 100$ and buy the 1million from farmers for 50$.. the farmers have no other choice than to raise the price of there Amemet from 1million to 2million gil to make the same real life money.

How Can they do this? well if they have superiority on the pop time they can mark the price up to what every they want... just like songoku did with peacock charms for the last year+ (not saying hes a gil seller but who knows). plus if there the only one you can get one from then you have no choice than to buy it for what they set the price for.

if this didnt explain it../shrug i tried but its the best i can give.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Same things happening on pande

Emp pin: 700k (used to be 500k)
    Peacock charm: 10 mil, (used to be 5-7mil)
    Scorp harness: 8.2 mil from 6 mil
    Byrnie: 1.8 mil (from 1.2ish)
    Verm only 2.6 mil thankfully
    Speed belt: 10 mil, (was 8 mil)
    Jujistu gi: 250k (used to be 120k)

All this in the last week or two

hey, square, great way to ruin your economy by NEVER banning gil farmers OK

I don't think it's gil farmers, how does that explain the rise in prices of speed belts and such, you can't exactly farm it... my theory is someone is fucking with the prices on the AH (selling it back and forth between mules and friends)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I don't think it's gil farmers, how does that explain the rise in prices of speed belts and such, you can't exactly farm it... my theory is someone is fucking with the prices on the AH (selling it back and forth between mules and friends)
    its simple really... the actual value of the gil itself is now lower, less value = you need more of it to equal the same value. kinda like the way real money works. it has nothing to do with if its rare or not its all based on how easy it is to get the gil itself

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

yea.. in a post on allakhazam someone said everyone should send a message to SE through POL. that bypasses the GMs and goes right to SE. if enough ppl send a message a day from more than one server and threaten to leave the game for WoW or EQ2, theyll have to listen to us... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Makaze
    yea.. in a post on allakhazam someone said everyone should send a message to SE through POL. that bypasses the GMs and goes right to SE. if enough ppl send a message a day from more than one server and threaten to leave the game for WoW or EQ2, theyll have to listen to us... right?
    dunno, and i doubt it, but i wish if this was cause of RMT that they'd do something about it, like their policy states they will.

Pineapple Junkie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

you arent forced to buy at those prices ya know

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tydeis
    you arent forced to buy at those prices ya know
    Its either buy them at their inflated prices, wait for them to come down, (which, if you look at Ochiudos kote. Which have gone up to 700k, and stayed there, for 2 months+) Or farm them yourself.

Competing with 2-4 gil sellers, and 2-6 legit players, at every camp for an item that is insanely rare is not exactly fun, nor productive.

So... while people dont 'have' to buy items, its the only way other then repeatedly banging your head against a wall competing with gil sellers.

/end rant

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

a friend of mine was talking a few days ago about this.

She said that maybe all of this is going up because of the huge gil that was brung in during the release of CoP.

You have the drops, (which got adjusted, even before it was released in usa) and you have the npc gil bug. Which you could buy something and sell it for more.

just a thought.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

<3 Dopopo, he's our new Songokou

<3 Acer, Benq, and the krew proving that idiots can indeed go past level 70

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Lakshmi is the same way

Snipers are 900l-1mil
    Pecock is 15 mil
    Kote is 1 mil
    Anmit +1 1 mil

But this seems to be having an adverse effect on HQ staves:

Jupitar staff was 3 mil now 2
    Aquillos down to 1.2 from 1.5
    Pluto down to 599k form 800k

Yea prices on lakshmi are insane. I think we have most of the gil farmers on our server.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some items I've notice on Diabolos that are very obscure:

Sniper Rings - 800k (from like 420k in a few weeks)
    Amemit Mantle (NQ) - 7k

O_O;

Old Merits
    BG Level

Astral Ring from 215 to 300k
    --> in 4 days (btw someone bought it for 3 million by mistake, and is not gonna get money back (bad to hear ;)
    Vermillion Cloak 2,5mill to 3,5 mill
    Royal Cloak 3,5mill to 5mill
    Sniper up to 1 million now back at 600-700k
    Utsusemi from 120k-300k back to 120 and now at 230k+
    Serket Ring 1,5mill-->2,5mill
    Morion Earring 60k-70k only
    --> other prices of other items hv been in posts b4

don´t wanna mention other stuff, cause i get sick of it

Dark and Light Staff and all other Staves lowered in prices though, well that "I" can say, that all i won gets less worth and all i want gets more worth ;D

It sucks though when you know, you made money to buy something, and then it raised 25-50% so you have to go again make money, then it raises again ect ect ect ... iam still thinking of the mistake bought from the Astral ring guy... (its a damn bunch of money that got lost ;;]