Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Ancient Magic: yay or nay?

Hello ^^
    Im a 75 BLM in a HNM LS doing most of the harder HNM's (like Kirin, Kings etc), and i have always been wondering about whether Ancient Magics added effect (lowering resist to a certain element) affects tough mobs like that.
    I have tested casting Quake on Kirin, Flood on Genbu etc but i dont really notice that big of a difference, if any, on resist rates with normal spells after. So im wondering, if any of you have found out something about this that you would like to share with me and the rest of the people who frequent these boards ^^;

flood genbu lol

imo only fafnir is worth it as far as I can think of at the moment.

Hehe, Flood on Genbu might seem crazy but supposedly it lowers Thunder resists, and Genbu resist me like 75% of the time even with 310+ Elemental Skill >_<

So you have noticed that it helps on Fafnir? Which Ancient Magic would you be casting then?

Send me a PM.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Hehe, Flood on Genbu might seem crazy but supposedly it lowers Thunder resists, and Genbu resist me like 75% of the time even with 310+ Elemental Skill >_<

So you have noticed that it helps on Fafnir? Which Ancient Magic would you be casting then?
    interesting ... on a side note, im no blm but werent there tier 2 ancient spells released in the patch? >.> havent seen or heard anything about them

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gilmaster
    but werent there tier 2 ancient spells released in the patch?
    no, there pretty much hasn't been a new magic of any kind for any job since Fenrir.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gilmaster
    interesting ... on a side note, im no blm but werent there tier 2 ancient spells released in the patch? >.> havent seen or heard anything about them
    I think you are refering to the movies of animations for spells that are supposedly programmed but not in the game yet. I don't think that there has been a new Black Magic spell since Stun was released last year. Some new spells would be nice though.