Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elvaan Accuracy Woes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Elvaan Accuracy Woes

Hello BG,

I am looking for accuracy help for my Elvaan WAR aka Mr. Whiffsalot. I am currently sporting the following gear with Accuracy +

Royal Guard Collar + 4
    Haubergeon + 10
    Sniper Ring + 5
    Lifebelt + 10

(I have other things I can equip but in all honesty, it pretty much doesn't mean shit I still miss.)

The other day I was partying with a Mithra WAR and this chic was pounding the bajeezus out of every IT mob with crits out the ass. I asked her what her DEX was and of course it was monstrous. I think her reply was something like this.

Mithra DEX 69 base +15

While my stats are:

STR 70 base +22
    DEX 59 base +13

Should I scrap the extra STR a few points and kick that DEX up? From what I have heard DEX acts as a cap on accuracy. So all of the ACC+ gear in the world won't help you if you have low DEX. Please post any help you may be able to provide.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Should I scrap the extra STR a few points and kick that DEX up? From what I have heard DEX acts as a cap on accuracy. So all of the ACC+ gear in the world won't help you if you have low DEX. Please post any help you may be able to provide.
    the same principal i know applies for STR and Attack so i believe it's true, but than i'm a BRD, so what do i know?

wait what i do know is, if you're Lv 61 fighting Toramas, bring a Bard and make him/her sing Blade+Sword Madrigal.

If I could pocket a BRD and bring them with me everywhere life would be good.

There I said it, I am a BRD junkie.

/em does a line of BRD

Sea Torques
    BG Level

get accuracy gear first, if you cant get accuracy gear in that slot, get STR, if you cant get STR get DEX.

but thats just me

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I play elvaan MNK, but i find that the accuracy gear doesn't really help that much as you said. If you boost up your STR i think you'll see that the extra damage when you do hit will make up for the times when you miss.

Other than that I'll have to agree with you... <3 BRD

ACC+ all day long. Just do it.

Xavier

Elvaan accuracy sucks up until lv 74 or so. By that point, the majority of the monsters you XP off of are VT or normal IT mobs, nothing insanely hard. All of the HNM have high evasion, so everyone is in the same boat with accuracy on hitting them. As far as melee and their WS go, having a lot of strength is just about the best possible thing in the world, and elvaan fit the profile perfectly. Just stick it out to 75, and your accuracy problem won't be that big a deal anymore.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

dont listen to xavier, hes a hume

as an elvaan, you can never have enough accuracy

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

unfortunately... you can also never GET enough accuracy it seems at times

don't listen to liltwin, he's a dragoon!

Xavier

That guest post above was me, so if I'm not even capable of logging in all the time, maybe you shouldn't listen to me afterall.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

[/cry]

you hurt my feelings xav.

Xavier

If you want, I can make it up to you later tonight in bed, ok?

Are you 75 yet?

yea i remeber when i was 60 going to roc..i couldnt hit the bastard ...i miss sometimes with my ws.....i had everything 2 snipers......but when 75 i dunno for elvaan but i hit almost 90% time with ease......75 does make diff and str is good for 75s ^^ *saving for my 2 flame rings *drool* *cry*

Wow guys, thanks a ton. I am pretty much blazing as much ACC+ as possible. Forgot about the Assault Earring which is +2, but hey every point helps right. Pretty much I have everything I can get my hands on aside from Peacock Charm, Haubergeon +1 and Sniper +1's. But that is just super bling bling. While I go for looking slick as hell I can only handle so much gil making before my head bursts.

I will keep pressing on the ACC+ path as you suggest. I already have insane amounts of STR. Much appreciated!