+ Reply to Thread
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

THFs... The real life ones...

So about 2 days ago I was browsing the AH in jeuno and noticed that someone from SB sold a Vermillion cloak. Now, I didn't make much of it but then asked Mrwatermonkey why that verm was sold, He said that It belonged to the LS and It was sold without his or anyone elses knowledge. He was extremely pissed off this 'person' because he

1) Trusted him, so did many people of the LS
    2) Has God pop items that he's trying to sell in jeuno along with a person named Duckoverrice!
    3) Refuses to give a simple explanation as to why he did it.

When I sent him a /tell saying why he's bieng an asshole. He said that he 'earned' the cloak The only thing I remember him taking part in Roc.

I /tell him and we talked for a few min. This is all I could save from the log.

Warlord>> i would have given back the pop items if they didnt call me a thief
    Warlord>> i worked my ass off of that verm that was mine (I wanna see people from SB actually back this up)
    http://img30.exs.cx/img30/3785/warlord1.jpg
    Even if you hate sb, hate monkey-opo-opo / whoever. You have to agree that doing something like this is just wrong and shows what kind of person you are IRL.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

“It’s just a game”

While this quote is true, people seem to think they can use it to justify any action done in the game.

During our next wiffleball run I’ll start casting diaga on the statues right as the black mages are sleeping them. After all, this is just a game and I want to have some fun. Beastmaster AF will surely drop by that one lake like it always does, but once we get a drop people could actually use, I’ll go ahead and lot on it even though it is not for whm and there are tier1 people that have waited months to lot. When they complain about me out-lotting them, I’ll just explain to them that they are taking this game too seriously.

I’ll go AFK for 30 minutes without notice and then come back only to find re-pops along the way. I’ll be sure to train everything along with me back to the group since big trains always seem to end up in some of the funniest in-game moments. Once the tanks take the aggro off me, I’ll alt-tab to avoid the imminent wipe. I’ll come back to see everyone dead, but me still alive. I’ll take lots of fraps screenshots to get a good laugh out of this thing that is just a game. Around this time, I’ll probably aggro something on accident while trying to get in position for a screenshot. I’ll be sure run in the opposite direction that they came from. Other white mages will likely be reraising at this time. My train will be going back to them by now and make them wipe again. I can take this time to get more screenshots in while the other white mages taking this game too seriously are handing out raises.

Around this time a Lawango Jadewanga or whatever will drop and the chat window will be filled with “100 nice” “nice…100”. I’ll out-lot Berticus for it because 100 currency is just too fun of an opportunity to turn down in this mere game.

We will be pushed for time on the way to the NM lake, but I’ll be sure to enjoy this experience that is just a game by fishing while everyone else fights the NMs. By this time, I’ll remember that my club is not quite capped yet and go meleeing the orc beastmaster NM. When I get charmed, I’ll have the fun this game intended by killing off other members since this is just a game.

I’ll be sure to run right up to Angra-Mangru before the kiters are ready to get some good fraps shots of the dragons. This will put us in a big hole early, but we are having fun with this thing that is just a game. I won’t have reraise on because casting that is extra effort in this thing that is just a game. It will be a close battle that could go either way. I’ll finally get a raise3 so I can go back in action healing and use my benediction. But, doing so might risk me dying a few more times and 5 minutes of xp is too much to risk losing for something that is just a game. Therefore, I’ll not accept the raise and put the rest of the people in more danger of not beating the boss.

All of you will be thanking me for making this thing that is just a game so exciting.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ryany
    “It’s just a game”

While this quote is true, people seem to think they can use it to justify any action done in the game.

During our next wiffleball run I’ll start casting diaga on the statues right as the black mages are sleeping them. After all, this is just a game and I want to have some fun. Beastmaster AF will surely drop by that one lake like it always does, but once we get a drop people could actually use, I’ll go ahead and lot on it even though it is not for whm and there are tier1 people that have waited months to lot. When they complain about me out-lotting them, I’ll just explain to them that they are taking this game too seriously.

I’ll go AFK for 30 minutes without notice and then come back only to find re-pops along the way. I’ll be sure to train everything along with me back to the group since big trains always seem to end up in some of the funniest in-game moments. Once the tanks take the aggro off me, I’ll alt-tab to avoid the imminent wipe. I’ll come back to see everyone dead, but me still alive. I’ll take lots of fraps screenshots to get a good laugh out of this thing that is just a game. Around this time, I’ll probably aggro something on accident while trying to get in position for a screenshot. I’ll be sure run in the opposite direction that they came from. Other white mages will likely be reraising at this time. My train will be going back to them by now and make them wipe again. I can take this time to get more screenshots in while the other white mages taking this game too seriously are handing out raises.

Around this time a Lawango Jadewanga or whatever will drop and the chat window will be filled with “100 nice” “nice…100”. I’ll out-lot Berticus for it because 100 currency is just too fun of an opportunity to turn down in this mere game.

We will be pushed for time on the way to the NM lake, but I’ll be sure to enjoy this experience that is just a game by fishing while everyone else fights the NMs. By this time, I’ll remember that my club is not quite capped yet and go meleeing the orc beastmaster NM. When I get charmed, I’ll have the fun this game intended by killing off other members since this is just a game.

I’ll be sure to run right up to Angra-Mangru before the kiters are ready to get some good fraps shots of the dragons. This will put us in a big hole early, but we are having fun with this thing that is just a game. I won’t have reraise on because casting that is extra effort in this thing that is just a game. It will be a close battle that could go either way. I’ll finally get a raise3 so I can go back in action healing and use my benediction. But, doing so might risk me dying a few more times and 5 minutes of xp is too much to risk losing for something that is just a game. Therefore, I’ll not accept the raise and put the rest of the people in more danger of not beating the boss.

All of you will be thanking me for making this thing that is just a game so exciting.
    omg

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Can I have your babies Ryany?

Black Belt
    BG Level

i think Arwyn has some serious stabbing to do.

Sendoh.... Welcome to hell by the way =)

kasber

Arwyn.... never... i hope @_@

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm confused.... >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

omg its Warlord? ok for those of you that know me really really well. (not many of you lol) Warlord is one of the 2 people that i can say that i actually "hated" in this game. for whoever knows me, its hard for me to actually hate someone, but yes. i hate Warlord. so yes, gimme an address and not only will i stab him, but after i stab him, ill watch him slowly die. that is the plan.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Who's the other? <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Arwyn
    gimme an address and not only will i stab him, but after i stab him, ill watch him slowly die. that is the plan.
    o

m

g

I don't care what you think about Warlord, leave Duckoverrice alone, he's only trying to defend his RL friend, and if he didn't what kinda friend is he? Like i said, i don't care about Warlord (i never knew him) but please, leave Duckoverrice alone.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

/em points at Ulmega.

I had a conversation with duckoverrice to try to coax him into giving back the items that were stolen that he was proudly showing off in his bazzaar (earlier in the day looking for buyers). He insisted that he threw them out.

During the conversation he mentioned a few times how the situation was funny an how this is just a game.

If I get his manhattan address I will be showing him a different type of game. If he wants to meet by west 5th in bk that would be nice also.

After all this is just a game and I want to show him my tetra card collection.

lol oh ya nice rant ryany @_@

I heard the other side of the story, from DoR and it sounded like his friend wanted to quit and sold his item, which could be his, unless he got it from someone else or someone paid for it, i believe he was going to or did drop his god equips, DoR said that he'd give him some items and that SB chased him all around the world haha, sounded like fun personally.

SB called him a thief and pissed him off he was gonna quit and had nothing to lose so... yeah. Duckoverrice was just defending his friend. How you would like it if it was your friend in that situation, wouldn't you stand by them, even if they were wrong, would you not support your friend?

Or maybe this whole friendship thing is overrated, fuck it who needs friends?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Funny, I thought I was Duck's friend too. Guess playing this game and helping each other means nothing if you don't know person in RL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmega
    Amarok does, I hear he smells like pee.

yeah i know duck and warlord since the noob ages. Duck's a cool guy, cept he like's to be an ass, but he's funny like that, not a bastard. Warlord tho, I used to be cool with him, till he turned on my old ls, startin becomin this a-hole. Ionno, but what warlord was talkin about was understandable. Warlord used to love this game, now SB made him hate it. Damn SB bastards!~~ Now I think he's quitting, so he just doesn't give a s*** anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmega
    SB called him a thief and pissed him off he was gonna quit and had nothing to lose so... yeah. Duckoverrice was just defending his friend. How you would like it if it was your friend in that situation, wouldn't you stand by them, even if they were wrong, would you not support your friend?

Defend your friend even though you know they are wrong?
    No a real friend would try to solve the problem with as little blood shed as possible.
    I sure as hell wouldnt respect you as a friend if you knew I was doing something wrong and didnt try to help clear things up. Always do things by the book else you belong in the gutter or a ditch somewhere.

The only reason warlord did what he did was because of the new people that joined. Thats it. There was no point he became pissed off for any other reason.

Happy thanks giving.

Well, like i said, that's not what i heard. but you are right about the blood shed thing. But i can relate to DoR because that kinda thing happened to my friend. Happy Thanks giving all! Even though we don't celebrate it here.