Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help on Epislon Battle     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Help on Epislon Battle

Ok, a group of us are trying to do 2-5 CoP. We have failed at it three times, we are making a 4th run at it, and feel we could do it. This is what we have in stock so far.

21- Yellow Liquids.
    6 Icarus Wings.

This is what we have stored on a mule. We will have potions and stuff like that. This is going to be our pt setup.

1 - Smn (He does not have Fenrir, but can get three astral flows off.)
    2 - BST ( Both can use the BCNM MAndy.)
    1 - Whm (Has erase)
    1 - Pld (Best equip at lvl 40)
    1 - Blm (Seers, but going to get Combat Casters stuff for lvl 40 battles.)

2 rng's in reserve.

Now there is no way we can get our hands on the Nin/War or the War/Nin on our server, so that is what we have. We will be buying the potions that we need. Just two questions, can this be done do you think with this PT Setup? And Secondly, any pointers?

Just a side not, you are truly a respectable LS which is why I am asking you, not say FM, or Perfection.

Thanks from Carbuncle

--CheesyGordita

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Help on Epislon Battle

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyGordita
    Now there is no way we can get our hands on the Nin/War or the War/Nin on our server, so that is what we have.
    Uhhh.... I'm not sure I understand this statement.... are you saying that on the entire Carbuncle server there is only ONE person with WAR/NIN or NIN/WAR leveled to 40? I find that hard to believe..

No I am not saying this at all...
    Here is what generally happens
    "Hey, we are going to do Prom..."
    Person Joins, person dies 2 times.... says I am never going to try this again.

Now I went through these fine, with no problem, and I will try to help others. I am just saying we do not have a war/ninja available to us to do this with. I am sorry if you misunderstood...

--Cheesy

Hi, I'm a 62 pld from Seraph server. Currently on chapter 4, have beaten Monarch Linn a solid number of times with about 5 different combinations. You're best bet is going to be with the two rngs you said you had available. And forget icarus wings, invest in INSANE amounts of potions. Have your pld stock up on hi potions and xpotions and drinks galore (He should pretty much be a walking pharmacy), have each rng bring a wing and HP regen drinks, have your mages bring yag drinks and potions as well. Yellow liquids help but aren't that necessary, if you do use them you probably won't bring more than 4-5. Carby Mitts will help your smn SOOOO much, if he can get them have him do so. Ok, so the battle format: Have your smn summon carby and sic him on a mob, all 3 will aggro him and move in. Have the pld run in and grab one of the mobs, and have the 2 rngs and blm isolate the third mob and pull it into the ramp. Have the smn kite 1 of the mammets across the large circle. (Summon, sic on mob, run to other side, resummon when dead, repeat). Meanwhile, have the pld kite number 2, however have him run HALF the circle (the half away from the ramp). This is to prevent aga spell dmg from hitting the rng rng whm blm who are standing on the ramp fighting #3. Double EES and Manafont should take out the first mammet fairly quick. Drop a wing or two if need be. Then have the smn astral flow his mob and both rngs use barrage (or wing if they still have it). #2 should go down within a few minutes. Finally relieve the poor pld of his kiting and take down the last one slowly but safely. I did this exact format twice with rng rng rdm whm smn pld. 2nd time we didn't even use 2 hours other than astral flow. So main concepts:
    1)Have smn carby-kite 1 mob away from ramp
    2)Have potion stocked pld kite 1 mob away from ramp
    3)Have other 4 members UNLOAD onto 1 mob on the ramp, then proceed to kill the smn's mob.

If you do use yellow liquid try locking them into mnk or drg form. The key to this BCNM more than anything is to come prepared item wise. If you bring both bsts, the only thing I can think of is having them both try and do as much DD as possible. Once the first one goes down the battle becomes a joke. Just try and kill the first one as fast as possible without lettign the smn or pld die and you're a shoe in to win. Good luck.

Thank you Sebbo. Your help has been apreciated. We will be going at this friday. We were almost at this strategy. But not quite there yet. I need to look up some info on getting CARBY mitts for the summoner.

Thanks once again.

--Cheesy

I will post our results, and that you for your help!

Thank you! WE DID IT! We would have eventually come to that strategy, but you saved us alot of time and gil. What we used, TWO rangers. A whm, a blm, and a smn. We had around 300k worth of items on us. I am going to say this, Team Speak also helped ALOT!
    We took the things down in about 17 minutes. (Out of a thirty minute BCNM.) We took the first mob down, and one of our rangers died. We had to raise him mid bcnm. Luckily the SMN and the other RNG had enough hate, so our newly raised RNG could fire away, while far enough away. The 2nd mob went down, with me the BLM getting hit with the MOB's going away present. His Last AOE. Dropping me to the ground, during this my pld was kiting the whole time with no problems at all... To recap the last minute of our battle...

Rng1: "HE HAS A POLEARM LOCK HIM INTO DRAGOON!!!"

That had to be the funniest thing. Thank you for your help guys, and the storyline for CoP Thickens. So far it has been well worth it...

--Cheesy

New Merits
    BG Level

your name makes me so hungry

Glad to hear things worked out for you. Have fun with the last mission of chapter three
    I'm currently on chapter 4 and am in a bit of a jam. Out of the entire LS only five of us really want to do CoP. Which is fine, we beat Monarch Linn with 5 and we beat Diablos with 5 (only 1 left alive, but hey a win's a win). However after wasting hours farming for hippogryph feathers for mistmelts we got completly pwned by the wyrm for 4-2. Set up is pld rng war smn whm. Got him to abou 1/5 health but it took all we had. Anyone think its possible with 5? And if so, what set up? None of us have any problem level'ing a job to 50 specifically for the mission, we have no lives like that

Ah, sorry to hear that . Well I have a static setup, with people who like to have fun. We have a full pt of 6. We are taking diablos this weekend, tonight we are going to farm PSO. The Mammet battle was fun as hell, challenging, but well worth it. We were pumped, so pumped that the next night we were like.... Hell we can finish chapter 3 tonight! Well.... after that we faced the Dreaded Chasam.

Basically here is how it goes....

Pld- "Ok we need to fight an Antlion NM at (K-8)."

An hour of looking for that position

Ok guys, we found the position.... ok we need to keep hate so this doesnt run...

No problem with that eh?

Rng uses Barrage
    Blm Uses Freeze
    Rng uses Sidewinder
    Rdm casts Refresh...
    Antlion goes down.

Now here is the fun part...

Me - "First off how do we get to the mountain...."

Searching another 20 minutes for the entrance to the steps to the cliffs. We found it, or we though there might have been another entrance se we spilt up. I am messing with the cliffs, seeing which smoke clears and stuff... I hear the following over TS from our Ranger

Rng - "Holy S*** that dragon is huge...."
    Me and Pld - "What dragon?"
    Rng - "TIAMAT!!!"
    Me and the rest of the ts server - "HOLY S***!!!!"
    We find out at this moment that our 2nd rng, who at the moment was a 57 rdm.... was being controlled by his son....
    Rdm - "He is coming right at me..... I AM RUNNING"

Rdm gets hit twice, rdm goes down, we are all laughing like hell.... Ranger escapes the Wrath of Tiamat...

Rdm - "My dad is going to kill me.... I deleveled...."

All of us - "Dude he is not going to kill you, there was nothing you can do you died from Tiamat..."

Half our later, our whm finds the rdm, and raises him.
    Ranger, myself, and pld are trying to find a way to get the top of the damned mountain. 3 hours later, we find the way up, and confirm it.

So now we know how the hell to get to the top of the mountain! YAY! Did we finish the mission this night? No. Here is a rundown....

Pld and Whm go off searching for RDM, who is lost somewhere near Tiamat, but Tiamat is not insight of the rdm. They think they are safe, near Tiamat, the pld catches aggro at lvl 66. Pld goes down, leading the aggro from our lvl 73 whm, who still cons stuff as EP. WHM still alive, we got a chance.

Whm - "Ok I think I found you rdm..... OMFG TIAMAT!"

Whm takes 5 hits, goes down, does not have reraise on. Its a little past midnight, nearing 12:30. The four of us that were left got lost. Ranger was hell bent on finishing this. What happens, I am running around the ground and WHAM! Cheesy is hit by 300, stupid freaking trap in the ground, it popped up, scared the crap outta me, coned EP to the ranger, ranger could not take hate, Cheesy goes down in one more hit. See that I aggroed three things, an Tracer Antlion, the thing that burrows in the ground and a Master Coruel. At this point, it is called a night. We know our way up the mountain now, with ease. So we went back and did it last night. I at least wanted one shot of me engaged with Tiamat, but I couldnt find him. (Yes I know, Ive got a death wish.)

So this weekend, Diablos, and genkai one for me and the summoner. Thats my story. I know this, if you can get a static party, and do these missions they are fun, and frustrating. Made some good friends through this so far.

Seb good luck with the Dragon, I will post my result against Diablos.

--Cheesy

Glad to hear things worked out for you. Have fun with the last mission of chapter three
    I'm currently on chapter 4 and am in a bit of a jam. Out of the entire LS only five of us really want to do CoP. Which is fine, we beat Monarch Linn with 5 and we beat Diablos with 5 (only 1 left alive, but hey a win's a win). However after wasting hours farming for hippogryph feathers for mistmelts we got completly pwned by the wyrm for 4-2. Set up is pld rng war smn whm. Got him to abou 1/5 health but it took all we had. Anyone think its possible with 5? And if so, what set up? None of us have any problem level'ing a job to 50 specifically for the mission, we have no lives like that

Well that battle ends when hes at like 20-30% HP. So if you got him that low, it sure is possible. He just gives up, you dont need to kill him.

For easy win with 5 ppl (pre patch, i dont know if it was changed) >> bard blm blm blm blm

sleep >> 4 simultaneous freezes >> sleep >> 4 simultaneous freezes >> sleep >> manafont >> kill

bard sleep used to knock him right out of the sky, where as sleep spell didnt work while he was flying. basically fight him like rdm or blm maat, just get the freeze and sleep timing down and he shouldnt move.