+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

Oct. - Dec. 2004 Announcements (highlights)

Tavnazian Archipelago supplies quests and regional teleportation will become available.

A new Gobbiebag quest will be introduced.

Chat filter options will be expanded.
    Could it be that we can finally filter out Others without filtering out the mob we're fighting against?

A new thief job trait will be added.
    Hmm...

The potency of etudes will be adjusted.
    I hate that word "adjusted", you can never tell if it's good or bad.

The strength of physical "Blood Pact" attacks will not increase as much when fighting weaker enemies.
    Finally a damage cap on Avatars? No more Shiva one shotting Moblins in Oldton?

The fee collected when placing items on auction will be determined by the currecnt auction price, not the store/guild selling price.
    this looks like a huge change, imagine a flat 5% fee just to put up anything to sell. every time a gil seller puts up an Archer's Ring for 700k they'd have to pay 35k up front. maybe there's a cap on the fee.

if this works well it will really put a stop on inflation or it may screw up the AH entirely.

Another issue being addressed during this version update is the monopoly over certain monsters and items by a number of players.
    The development team is currently working on several methods to combat these types of actions.
    Some methods include the introduction of similar items, and new ways of obtaining items.
    Archer's Rings dropping in:
    Over 15 new "orb battles" will be added.
    +7 and +10 Accuracy Rings maybe?

wowo
    the monopoly addressing thing may be sweet, and gobbie bags
    for the orb things i hope they add beastmen bc99 and some bcs in cool places like laloff ampitheater or monarch linn

rofl a 400k listing fee to sell a scorpion harness or 750k for a peacock charm, that would be hilareous

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

where did you find that

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The difficulty of certain Promathia missions will be adjusted
    Good, I say, Tavnazia and Al'Taieu need to be more difficult to access

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The only really positive thing I see in the update (beyond the new job trait for thieves, which will probably be another resist gravity) is the new gobbie bag quest.

The AH fees are just going to screw us over even more. I personally can't wait to have to pay 7k to list a stack of darksteel ingots for 140k to have them returned in 3 days, that will really teach those gill sellers a lesson!

And nothing new for RDMs, which is good, because I just can't get enough of casting refresh and haste over and over and over and over again.

I am really starting to dispise this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    i dont see thatin sendoh's quotes i think thats from the last update notes

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sendoh can you post the link for the update?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

And nothing new for RDMs, which is good, because I just can't get enough of casting refresh and haste over and over and over and over again.
    what more do you want? you have Cure IV, you can replace whm as main healer, you can solo certain HNMs. if you don't like being a refresh whore, don't play rdm.

personally I think that rdms need to be hit with the nerf bat some more.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

what more do you want? you have Cure IV, you can replace whm as main healer, you can solo certain HNMs. if you don't like being a refresh whore, don't play rdm.

What are you going to nerf? RDM melee damage is utterly pathetic. Enfeebling HMN and gods is thoroughly pointless since enfeebles tend not to stick, and Ninjas have stronger debuffs. A SMN can replace WHM as main healer, what does cure IV have to do with anything? Take away Haste and Refresh and Red Mages are completely worthless. I have heard of NIN, PLD/NIN, and WHM/NIN soloing Serket and Roc, that has more to do with Ninja Blink that anything a RDM has to offer.

People need to get over this whole "RDM are overpowered because they have refresh" complex. So what we can get parties quickly, Bards get parties even faster than RDM. If you think RDM is overpowered play it to your 60s they you will have an understanding of the limitations of the class. Big fun there.

So what we can get parties quickly, Bards get parties even faster than RDM.
    :wink:

Sea Torques
    BG Level

What are you going to nerf? RDM melee damage is utterly pathetic. Enfeebling HMN and gods is thoroughly pointless since enfeebles tend not to stick, and Ninjas have stronger debuffs. A SMN can replace WHM as main healer, what does cure IV have to do with anything? Take away Haste and Refresh and Red Mages are completely worthless. I have heard of NIN, PLD/NIN, and WHM/NIN soloing Serket and Roc, that has more to do with Ninja Blink that anything a RDM has to offer.

People need to get over this whole "RDM are overpowered because they have refresh" complex. So what we can get parties quickly, Bards get parties even faster than RDM. If you think RDM is overpowered play it to your 60s they you will have an understanding of the limitations of the class. Big fun there.

OWNED

New Merits
    BG Level

just level whm to 75 sept, then you can finally become the main healer youve always wanted to be.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by bait
    just level whm to 75 sept, then you can finally become the main healer youve always wanted to be.
    It pisses me off that I wasted a year and 75 levels on RDM to become a vending machine for Refresh and Haste. I am starting to loathe this game so much...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sept-aye-mus.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is going to be one of the best updates in a long time that SE has put out.

/excited

Black Belt
    BG Level

for those who want a link, i got it straight out of POL (and you can't cut and paste, so i only typed out what i thought was of interest).

since than some non-lazy person put it up here:
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/news/sdetail ... story=4689

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    i dont see thatin sendoh's quotes i think thats from the last update notes
    it's in there, one of the things i skipped over. but again "adjusted" doesn't mean they will be more difficult, imo it's probably going to be easier to encourage more people to do the missions.

a lot of people avoid them now cause they are too hard and/or takes too much preperation.

"Step"-aye-mus

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

I really hope they give us thieves some trait that is 50+. We need something to defend us against the ignorant thoughts that "thieves are worthless post 60".

Oh, or maybe a Ranged Attack thing! Again, most of us are Thf/Nin (including myself). Only the enlightened few have explored Thf/Rng.