+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Almaa is no longer me     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Almaa is no longer me

Just so everyone knows, I quit the game and I recently sold my character, so whoever is playing Almaa now is not the same person as it was before or the same person posting on the forums... so let me know if he fucks up or sucks lol

why did u leave?

Same reason everyone else is....this game is done. For those that stay, you will see the population drop more and more. They will start closing servers and moving peeps. What will be left is a handful of servers with the diehards left.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Same reason everyone else is....this game is done. For those that stay, you will see the population drop more and more. They will start closing servers and moving peeps. What will be left is a handful of servers with the diehards left.
    the first part maybe true but the latter part isn't.

i know people that started the game when i did that are still playing and haven't gotten to AF levels.

the game is "done" for those that got there at break neck speeds and want to continue playing and advancing at those same speeds. once you hit the "endgame" you have to slow down or burn out.

there are a lot of JP players that should be "done" with this game but they aren't. there are also still lots of new players. it's a little premature to talk about closing servers.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    i doubt it.

Akiro

If that was the case the put me at the die hard ppl cause i started this game along time ago as a hume and got it to 43 then i changed servers and deleted it, I spent time there and got to 55 but i missed Bahamut to much and all my friends so i deleted it and came back now i am a 32 white mage and a 37 bard, everyone has there own version of what "end game is" its just based on the player, the sad part is when i talk to ppl that only play for money making there character completely awesome and then sell it to make a profit off of it.. if possible.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiro
    the sad part is when i talk to ppl that only play for money making there character completely awesome and then sell it to make a profit off of it.. if possible.
    my friends in RL are like that, but they didn't play FFXI, they were playing Lineage II. never met anyone like that in this game. none of the people i know who decided to sell their characters started the game thinking this way.

lol if you think I started playing to make money let's do a few calculations...

I sold my character for $1099
    With monthly fees for 13 months with 3 mules comes out to $208
    Which equals a profit of $891

I had 154 days of play time which is 3696 hours.

If this was my job, then I got paid 24 cents an hour.

I'm sure this is also the case for many people who have sold their character. They decided to quit, but why not make a buck while you're at it right?

Also, the fact that Paypal is a conduit for fraud, and the payment of $1099 was reversed after I gave up my account information means I got $0, paid $208, which leaves me at a balance of -$208 and I got paid -6 cents per hour.

So yeah, my character was stolen, and I am currently in the process of tracking the guy down and I'll probably call the FBI Internet Fraud Department tomorrow.

Life is grand.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Why the hell didn't you send it directly to your bank account before you gave out the info? That way it's out of paypal and nobody can touch it. That's what I did with Tchort.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Also Almaa, I plan on non-stop spamming "Almaa" with tells. I don't give a shit if I get banned/put in jail/warned.

Guess what, even if you transfer the funds to your bank account, Paypal will deduct the amount from whatever you have in your Paypal account, and if you have nothing, you will have a negative balance, which means you have to pay them, and I'm sure once it's a matter of you owing them money, they will pursue it with much greater fervor than if someone else owes you money (as in my case)

Paypal is "investigating"

Unfortunately, I discovered this site after the deed was done:

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

In further news, my account has been sold to IGE.com by the person who stole it from me.

Have a look:

http://www.ige.com/mg/show_aff_acc.asp?acc_id=7964

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

thanks for posting that paypalsucks site >.< my mom uses that all the time, maybe she should take a look.

i cant believe theyd sell it for only 999.99 >.< cant they add once cent out of decency? lol

New Merits
    BG Level

wow...

Well, I hope this will end out with a happy ending for you, Almaa.

it wasnt some person that stole your account that sold it to IGE, it was IGE all along. same thing happend to my other friend

Retiredff11miner

You have to make sure when you sell your account you get the real check first, or make sure the cash is in your account, a real bank account not paypal crap. Before you give up the goods. You have everything to lose, and before you decide to fork over your 1 year old character you put a million play hours into. After i got black lung in the mines, i sold my dude and i made sure i got the check first.

That really sucks, insult to injury for that 208$ you owe.

You don't understand what I'm saying, even if you have the money in cash in your hand, if it went through paypal first, paypal can reverse the payment, and make you owe them money back to them. Paypal is a fucking joke, don't ever use it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Koy strikes agian