+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You know, he doesn't live too far away from me... it's about 30-35 min. away

well it wouldn't hurt my feelings terribly if you broke his legs or something

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm afraid a drive-by would be more appropriate in that neighborhood :3

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aenarion
    I'm afraid a drive-by would be more appropriate in that neighborhood :3
    you're in the military, go drive-by with a tank or something

It's over, even if they did get the guy, I'd have to fly to detroit AT LEAST twice in order to prosecute which would eventually cost more than what I lost, and since it would be a criminal case I probably won't get anything except sending the fucker to prison which would be very satisfying, but seeing as I played a game for over a year and did nothing else, my checking account has been moving in the negative direction for that entire year and I'm not flying to detroit.

The Houston Police won't touch the case. They said it's not even considered internet fraud, it's "common theft." THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP YOU DONUT EATING PIG, I WAS UNAWARE THAT COMMON THEFT IS LEGAL NOWADAYS.

The FBI won't touch it because it's not over $20,000 or 3 or more victims.

My last chance is for the detroit police to try to get information from paypal on how they reached their decision to reverse the payment and confirm it since ordinary honest citizens aren't eligible for that info.

I can also attempt to call the DA on IGE for knowledeably selling stolen property, which is a convictable crime, but seeing as the fact that this guy can be easy tracked down and found but I still have to sit here and watch my stolen shit be passed around among crooks/buyers/sellers in front of my face and not be able to do anything about it, I probably won't get anything accomplished.

It's funny how people can get away with this shit even if they can be found because the system is so fucked up. Technology makes our lives easier but it also makes it easier to get away with things. If the guy was stealing from me in my city, it would take half a gallon of gas to prosecute him but since technology makes it even easier to steal from people on the other side of the country, what's to stop them?

Most people don't commit crimes and try to earn an honest living because they think they'll get caught. If you do it right, you won't get caught, even if your victim has your identity. So why lead an honest life? It just makes it harder on you. Well I'm off to go steal some shit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The problem is that laws are always years behind the times. Look at stem cell research, cloning, and videotaping for examples. You have a bunch of rich morons in congress who have no actual contact with the real world that the rest of us live in. Even if they do try to pass laws, they tend to be overly simplistic and clumsily written because they do not actually understand the issues that they are trying to address.

Technology has moved at a fantastic rate, our government is simply not up to the task of keeping pace with those changes. So instead of addressing real issues, let's talk about exposed nipples, married women seducing football players on commercials, and keeping those scary homos from marrying!

damn homos

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

take him to court. you have proof he did it. Hell, Call one of those real time TV Courts (judge mantis or judge judy)

ok, I'm now officially taking donations for the send almaa to detroit fund.

I don't think those day time court tv shows take criminal cases though

how much ya need man? Bowin= Uber poor too, lol whats the total amount u need to make tho. maybe i can donate u my couch cushion change.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually, taking the person on Judge Judy or Judge Mathis might not bad a bad idea...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Given the circumstances, I'd suggest staying away from Judge Joe Brown.

rofl

WOW

A NEW PAGE HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE STORY

HE RIPPED OFF SOMEONE ELSE

THAT ACCOUNT IS NOW FOR SALE ON IGE

looks like I've got more leverage now

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just got an email from player auctions telling me someone who won my auction has been suspended for fraud... LoL

NO SHIT I'M THE ONE WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT HIM

Now I'm combining forces with this guy who got scammed, more to come

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

grats on pwning that noobert.

Wish ya luck.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

a drive-by is starting to sound better and better

too bad all the information I thought was correct was fucking wrong... he has multiple paypal accounts, access to multiple aol accounts that he uses for communicating (maybe stolen) and now I finally tracked his gay AOL IPs to new york

I pwned no one and I have nothing and I have a final tomorrow which even if I get a 100 on my grade in the class is 78 so therefore I have to do really well on it but unfortunately I'm fucking angry and frustrated about this whole situation and many other things that I'm having a hard time studying and a second ago I threw my notebook across the room and now it's all mangled and my text book is the largest text book I've ever had in my life and it doesn't even come bound so it's impossible to be organized because it's in a giant 27 inch binder and the pages rip easier than normal paper and it's so fucking inconvenient they make you pay like $120 for a god damn text book you don't even want and they don't even bother to bind the fucking thing

KEEP HONKING LIFE, I'M RELOADING

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    too bad all the information I thought was correct was fucking wrong... he has multiple paypal accounts, access to multiple aol accounts that he uses for communicating (maybe stolen) and now I finally tracked his gay AOL IPs to new york

I pwned no one and I have nothing and I have a final tomorrow which even if I get a 100 on my grade in the class is 78 so therefore I have to do really well on it but unfortunately I'm fucking angry and frustrated about this whole situation and many other things that I'm having a hard time studying and a second ago I threw my notebook across the room and now it's all mangled and my text book is the largest text book I've ever had in my life and it doesn't even come bound so it's impossible to be organized because it's in a giant 27 inch binder and the pages rip easier than normal paper and it's so fucking inconvenient they make you pay like $120 for a god damn text book you don't even want and they don't even bother to bind the fucking thing

KEEP HONKING LIFE, I'M RELOADING
    im confused. you tried to sell your acount to someone you didnt know for $1099 outside of a site like ige? then he reversed the transaction and didnt send you any money at all? how is that possible? he hacked your paypal account?