Black Belt
    BG Level

12/9 Update Details

here it is:

http://www.playonline.com/updateus/041209we8yu0.html

ghetto analysis forthcoming...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The only thing that matters is one thing they won't give any specifics on...

The conditions for certain notorious monsters to appear, as well as the drop rates for the items they carry, have been adjusted.

Black Belt
    BG Level

The longer a player remains in the same area, the more difficult it will become to obtain certain items through logging and mining.
    no more mining bots. how much it screws up legit players? who knows. i don't mind zoning out every now and again.

A mage from Windurst's Orastery has been dispatched to Jeuno.
    wtf does that mean?

The contents of the treasure coffers in Castle Oztroja have been changed. Accordingly, certain items will now be obtainable through different methods.
    no more Astral Ring campers???

If all party members' HP remain at zero for a set amount of time, the party will be removed from the battlefield.
    no more Alt-Tab.

The conditions for certain notorious monsters to appear, as well as the drop rates for the items they carry, have been adjusted.
    doesn't really say much since they don't tell you which ones. again the use of the meaningless word "adjusted".

A new thief job trait that increases the dexterity bonus of the ability "Trick Attack" has been added.
    This trait is called "Assassin."
    sounds nice, let's see how much it adds.

The effects of select high- and low-level etudes have been adjusted.
    High-level etudes will now raise a player's attributes considerably more than before. However, the enhancement will gradually wear off with time.
    high and low were both +8 before when everything is capped with the correct instrument. i wonder what considerably means. +20 maybe??? :D

A pet wyvern's breath attacks can now be used to produce magic bursts. However, only an accuracy bonus will be rewarded if the MB is successful.
    Gogodavi Magic Bursts!!!!

The transaction fee for items put up on auction is now based on the seller's asking price. The formulas for calculating the transaction fee are listed below.

Jeuno auction houses:
    Single item fee = 2% of the seller's asking price +100 gil.
    Stacked item fee = 1% of the seller's asking price +400 gil.

Other auction houses:
    Single item fee = 1% of the seller's asking price +1 gil.
    Stacked item fee = 0.5% of the seller's asking price +4 gil.
    lower % than i thought, will definitely have widespread impact on the overall economy.

Mainly raise amount of HP and MP healed when resting.
    The effect duration of snack foods has been reduced to three minutes; however, synthesis production quantities, as well as maximum stack quantities, have been increased.
    Example: Garlic cracker
    that's not a good thing.

5 minutes:
    High-quality snack foods, raw meat, fish, fruit, and vegetables
    did they make my Pamamas 5 minutes?

By pressing the Enter key on the keyboard or the confirm button on the controller while viewing the "Price History" of an item on auction, a player can display the date and time of sale, the unabbreviated buyer and seller names, and the sale price in the log window.
    that sounds nice.

The chat filter has been expanded to include NPCs.

NPC Filter
    Previously, all PCs and NPCs (monsters included) not in a player's party or alliance were treated as "others." However, with the addition of the NPC category in the chat filter, players can now toggle on and off the display of text spoken by other PCs, without filtering NPC speech (and vice versa).

Pet Filter
    Messages regarding the actions of a player's pet are now categorized with the actions of his/her master. To filter the pet messages from a party member, a player would have to use the party filter options. However, to filter the pet messages of a non-party/alliance member PC, the player must use the NPC filters. This type of usage may be changed in a future patch.
    about god damn freakin time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Previously I would have said that knowing Square the adjustment will be something like 21-24 hour pop to 20-23 hour, and the drop rate would be increased from like 1:10 to 1:9.

I don't know now though... This is the one patch where they have actually addressed the issues that people have been complaining about for the past year. My theory is that they realize they're at risk of losing many players all the games that are being released now (hl2, wow, eq2 etc) so they're actually doing something for once to make the game more enjoyable.

If they're actually desperate then I might say they've halved the pop times and doubled the drop rates. It's still not very fair, a fair system would be one that records NM pops and deaths and adjusts their time server-specifically. For example, this probably won't have much of an effect at all on the underpopulated servers where there's little to no competition in the endgame. For those of us on the overpopulated and highly competitive servers the only effect will be that we can lose NM claims to the hardcore (never sleeping) JP LSes twice a day. At least they'll be able to max out on NMs twice as fast, but... then there's always other new JP LSes ready to step up and complete with us after them...

For instance, if sekaiX and PG max out all the abjurations from nidhogg for every job that every member has to 75, then zephyrfleet steps in. Not to mention if they actually do increase NM pops and drops drastically it will be incentive for the previously softcore JP LSes that only hunt in sky for instance to make the move to competitive NMs too.

All in all I don't see it making too much of a difference other than dropping the price on astral rings, leaping boots, and other level 7-10 items

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by joft
    that is hardly the only thing that matters. not everything in this game is NM camping.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

and oh yea, that 3-5 minute food thing...

SUCKS!

Wow Astral Rings nerf. GAY!!!!!!
    Good thing I don't go there anymore.

OH wow... it's going to cost 100K to put up a Scorpoin Harness on AH in Jeuno...

The only things I'm looking forward is the THF trait and Gobbiebag quest.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by joft
    that is hardly the only thing that matters. not everything in this game is NM camping.
    It is if you want to make gil and obtaining the best gear, etc.
    I hope they don't nerf NM's. Things are fine the way they are. But "adjust" could mean anything. Could be good or bad.

Black Belt
    BG Level

so does anyone know what the Orastery does?

summoning i think is Rhinostery so that's not a new Avatar.

i might be totally off but i think the orastery is in charge of club WSes. in that case, it's time to buy our WHMs some serious melee gear with the LS fund.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

HNMs... Hmmm..

Last years Dec. update:

A high-ranking priest of the cathedral in Northern San d'Oria has returned from a trying pilgrimage.

This years Dec. update:

A mage from Windurst's Orastery has been dispatched to Jeuno.

All i can do is pray... New End game please

Black Belt
    BG Level

fo' shizzle, wasn't that the Abjuration guy?

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    fo' shizzle, wasn't that the Abjuration guy?
    yea it was nice observation ondori
    well i guess we'll know when the servers come back up, after we all go back to jeuno. or ill look for him on PS2 while we're still camping. it could be that he just starts the meteor quest for blm wwwww

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, for the most part this update was frought with disappointment and heartache yet again, but the mage from the Orastery thing might be good.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

you're all missing the best one.

The Goblin Archaeologists that are found in the Konschtat Highlands, Tahrongi Canyon, and on the La Theine Plateau can now see through the ninja ability "Hide."

I'm sure they ment tonko.

Maybe the new dragons might drop stuff that he might be able to do stuff with. Or something. Oh, well, I kinda want to see the new effect of this update (whenever I log on again)

Booooo =/ Getting my hopes up and then saying its Tonko (which i forgot about) LoL

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Sendoh i think the lower lvl etude was +8 and the higher was +7, with instruments of course...

I forget really but Jingles was the one who first brought it to my attention because he thought it was quite odd, which it is for the lower lvl etude to give more stat bonus... but i dunno, ask Jingle Bells.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd like to see some of the "adjustments" be at least a doubling of the drop rates of archer's rings and damascus ingots to help level the playing field of melee jobs to ranger and black mage. (even though I'm leveling blm as a 2nd job) An easier way would just be to revoke the TP nerf, but I doubt they will do that.

From my experience running the parser program it seems many melee jobs need around 5M in equipment in the low 60s just to equal the damage of a ranger using iron arrows and bad equipment or a blm with just AF and no piece of equipment over 50k.

I will say however that warrior and monk both score extremely high on the parser on aura statues and outdamage blms there. (I haven't parsed a ranger in sky yet) I haven't parsed any of the gods b/c I don't like battle spam as a whm.

No, with the Rose Harp +1 i got +8 for every Etude. And with Soul Voice of course it's +16 =D

I hope the Higher Etudes are like +10/+12 with Rose Harp +1 while the lower are +8. I would like that very much.