+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

12/9 Update (The Aftermath)

THF

Trick Attack for Lv 60+ THF is now the same as SAnTA before Lv 60.

while /THF still have to stack SAnTA that's no longer true for main job THFs. they can now do hate management with TA from anywhere, while freeing up SA to make up for their usually low DoT.

BRD

the Opo-opo Crown is now garbage because of the change to duration of fruits. Pamamas only last for 5 minutes.

Etudes can now add as much as 26 to a specific stat. the first tier is a constant +11 for the duration of the song. the second tier is as much as +15 and degenerates as time goes by, will be left with +1 before the song wears off.

might not be a big change for XP situations. coordination for Chi Blast will be important or coordinate to add STR specifically for WS.
    new instruments Lv 60 +2 Lullaby, Lv 70 +3 Threnody - LS Fund, <Buy>, <Yes, Please>

RNG

Meat Mithkabobs no longer affect ranged attack damage. they will now be switching to alternatives which appear to be Yellow CURRY and Bison Steak.

Scavenge now gets some decent stuff, the higher level the area the better it is and apparently it now works in dungeons (though i'm a n00b and unaware that it didn't work in dungeons before). most of it seems to be directly related to synth materials for ranged ammunition, go figure why would RNGs have any need for stuff like that (yes, it's a bad joke).

feel free to add your own, more to come as i see it

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

random

This isn't a job based change but all the gods and kirin look different from there original design and it's a pretty cool change. Kirin looks cool as hell.

Re: random

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai
    This isn't a job based change but all the gods and kirin look different from there original design and it's a pretty cool change. Kirin looks cool as hell.
    seriously? they changed how they look? lolol
    we're doing a ton friday so maybe it will turn something up =)

Black Belt
    BG Level

Cooking/Food

this seems to be a major change that will have major ramifications. when i first read the update notes, i didn't recognize this. but the more and more people are discussing things i see this as a major change to FFXI.

default synth recipe for Mithkabobs are now 6 instead of 12. that makes 12 an HQ synth, Chiefkabobs are now an HQ2 synth for 6 and HQ3 for 12.

effectively, this will reduce the supply of mithkas which will increase the price. this will greatly inflate the price of Chiefkabobs.

also it seems like the effect of Mithkas (besides not working for RNGs) also changes as level increases. it seems that at a certain point Mithkabobs will no longer be the best food to use. like how Fishkabobs are normally replaced by Crab for PLDs.

the Food market in Vana'diel use to be very simple, every melee job pops a Mithka and the rich people eats the Chiefs.

apparently SE doesn't like the way this works and is now allowing or rather forcing people to think more about what they should be eating. hence the NPC that removes food effects allow people to experiment.

what else this translates to is that it makes Cooks diversify the number of things they can (want to) make. which leads to more ingredients being farmed, gardened, harvested, etc.

Black Belt
    BG Level

time for new videos =)

and i wasn't looking for job specific changes, if you think any change is significant and worthwhile and would like to say something please share.

i just like to cut up my posts so they make more sense to people while reading it.

Re: random

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholai
    seriously? they changed how they look? lolol
    we're doing a ton friday so maybe it will turn something up =)
    We are gonna pop them and see something different than normal and be lile "OMG WTF? HQ pop? "

I hope Genbu is a helicopter. I've always wanted to see Genbu as a helicopter.

Black Belt
    BG Level

here's the possibilty of what they look like now:

http://tune.ache-bang.com/~vg/outitem/up/img/2630.jpg

Site = Blocked at my school.

I'll wait until I get home to look at it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

wtf O.o; i can understand the genbu, byakko, and suzaku, but wtf is the squid and the fly O.o;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Spoilers~

Here are the new models for those who can't see that site:

Doing a sky/god run tonight with my LS - gonna try to specifically target Seiryu just to see what he looks like since no one seems to have any pics hehe ^^;

Was a nice change, I was just sayin on my LS forums how it sucks that the beastman gods have different looking models, yet the other gods are the exact same model only bigger (Nidhogg being a bigger Fafnir, KB a bigger Behemoth, Byakko being a bigger Tundra Tiger, etc~) so I think it's kinda cool they did this

I wonder if now Aspid/KB/Nidhogg will look different guess we won't find out for a couple more days til the first one pops

Black Belt
    BG Level

oh, here's the other one.

and maybe those 2 are Lord of Onzozo and Valkurm Emperor.

Thanks for posting the pictures. =D I appreciate it. Although you did post another "Suzaku" on Byakko's slot but o well.

Thanks for the update.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

OMG whee!!! a gobbie on a choco! moving target for my rng ^-^

kirin looks bad ass now, and what are those statue things O.o;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I noticed that too hehe, I edited it - should be Byakko now - try Refresh.

All right! Thanks again.

Re: 12/9 Update (The Aftermath)

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    the Opo-opo Crown is now garbage because of the change to duration of fruits. Pamamas only last for 5 minutes.
    Yeah... I was on yesterday and ate a Panamas right before an NM fight and it wore off in the middle. I'm glad I had my Gold Hairpin with me so I just put that on. I really hope they change it so that I don't have to macro eating a Panama....

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Etudes can now add as much as 26 to a specific stat. the first tier is a constant +11 for the duration of the song. the second tier is as much as +15 and degenerates as time goes by, will be left with +1 before the song wears off.
    Awesome!! Just curious to how fast the song degrades and how long it stays at +15. If you've tested it out yet.

Soul Voice will be amazing with that now. Where is Mitzki?? :D

Black Belt
    BG Level

i don't have a good clock or watch, so i'm not big on time testing things.

it degrades pretty fast though, that's why i think you need to coordinate closely. Chi Blast ready in 10 seconds, Sing Etude, use Chi Blast.

Yeah, was the +11 with the Rose Harp +1 or what?

Black Belt
    BG Level

yes, it is with the Rose Harp+1.