Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Curry da Bison Steak >.> (Ranger food)

Boo, thx Sendoh for this info :-

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    RNG

Meat Mithkabobs no longer affect ranged attack damage. they will now be switching to alternatives which appear to be Yellow CURRY and Bison Steak.
    But the real question is "WHAT DO YOU NOW USE?"

Post your views on any food which you have used for Ranger since the Decmember patch.

Ive personally tried the Yellow curry and found its pretty good for normal hits, but lacks on the WS dept.... (Weird I know) Dunno if anyone has found this also.

Also a quick thx to Square for fucking us rangers over invent space with unstackable food... not like we carry different bullets, arrows or bolts now is it?

Lujan out

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

hi long time lurker of your board here, think I found it via a video link or something...anyways I wanted to offer something back. For what its worth I parse almost every exp session testing out various stuff. Here is what I've found about the different foods. I posted this on another forum but here it is again:

I've parsed my last 2 exp sessions using similar party set up and both Yellow Curry and Bison Steak. I also have some parsings of the pre food nerf. The only thing that isnt constant (and it could throw off numbers slightly) is the same bard wasnt used. All these sessions were between 5-15k exp so they include quit a few fights. Im gonna parse the next few sessions with our static bard and compare those numbers to these pick up parties. All these parties were vs Decorative Weapons in Sky, Im lvl 75 rng/nin. I try to have the bard only sing minute x2 on me, but sometimes they mess up and I'll get a prelude + minute. My set up for merit point parties has been obow + darksteel bolt, with acid bolts mixed in as needed. I almost always party with 2-3 other rngs and they are doing the same. The exception was the party with the Bison Steak, I was only ranger and this could have resulted in more acid bolt shots, and this maybe hurt my avg dmg a little. I put the approximate exp that I gained in that session to give you an idea of the "sample" size.

Chiefkabob/ w bard before food Nerf (18k exp)

Avg per hit 206 (high 293/ low 117)
    Racc 94.84%
    critical hit 5.09%
    Ws Avg (slug shot) 1356.12

Chiefkabob / no bard before Nerf (9k exp)

Avg per hit 112.6 (High 150/ low 80)
    Racc 94.67
    Ws Avg 717.23 (slug shot)
    5.07% critical hits

After Nerf
    Curry/ w Bard (5k Exp)
    Avg Per Hit 178.1 (high 222, low 93)
    Racc 95.18
    Ws Avg 1176.62 (Slug Shot)
    Critcal hit 5.59%

Bison Steak/ w Bard (15k exp)
    Avg per hit 171.57 (high 238, low 82)
    Racc 93.48
    Ws Avg 1130.55 (slug shot)
    Critical hit 4.65%

Note Bison Steak: I noticed I was without songs enough for me to remember that "I was without songs". I'm gonna use Bison steak tommorrow and parse and see if results are similar. I also have 1 HQ version of the Bison Steak (marble steak i think), which I'll use next week. Im working on getting a Royal Omelette also.

You guys seem to have a great LS I hope my Linkshell on Asura can accomplish half of what you guys have! Thanks I've gotten pretty decent info from just reading random posts!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

After a bit researching it looks like they changed ranged atk compatability with minuet a bit, so it's not minuet's fault lol

see this thread for detail http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html ... 6820644307

looks like ranged atk has a soft cap now depends on str, and food's atk+ will eat that cap, so minuet wont do anything, you probably eat food when tried with minuet. this change however, makes you able to reach a massive ranged atk+ more than before by adding just a little str, but you need to sacrifice prelude though. That guy claims +45 damage with just +8 str and minuet4, which is godly, and new etude cap is 11 and 15, so it will be more with lv75 bard with rose harp i assume.

go get kirin osode 8)

Oh, and Kimpball, try to pt again, eat food, and ask bard to do minuet4 and str etude (with rose harp!) instead of prelude, i want to see the difference.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Time to invest in some STR gear then. I`ll see if I can pt with a brd today and try out the STR etude + minuet thing ^^

So does that mean STR now even will have an effect on Marksmanship-type weapons? Thanks Square--you've now made my race worse at Ranger, and nerfed the job at the same time.

Yes, Lujan, I've noticed my WS damage is a lot lower (instead of 1k-1.2k per Slug Shot (w/ Gld.Msk.Bolt) now 700-900), and that Curry and Steak are pretty much the same for me (something to do with that blasted RAtk cap that someone talked about in another topic--need to research). My average shots are lower damage too. Bard does about 50% of what it used to after getting a Minuet IV several times and playing with my parser. When I XP later on today, I'm going to constantly monitor it and get data akin to Kimball's. I still am mad anyway.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Wow! thank you Kimball.

I cant wait till i see more of your data... What i wana know is:

1) is there ANYTHING AT ALL better then curry and bison steak.
    2) is there a Stackable alternative that will work?

-Rooster-

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I never have prelude on me if I can help it (only by mistake from Bard), I try to have minute x2 at all times. But I'll try the str prelude. I think we are doing another fafnir run tonight so it might not be until Thur that I get to exp again.

So I'll try minute4 + Str song.

Also vs Fafnir I used both Bison Steak and Curry. Now this isnt reflective in parser data (I actually forgot to turn it on..but it wouldnt have mattered anyways cause it wont separate by what food i had in me..) but from watching what type of dmg I was pulling I was doing about the exact same. Every hit was 118 dmg, with criticals up to 160ish. Didnt seem like I got more criticals with either food. And obviously for light sc purposes I wasnt using slugshot, by Heavy Shot was doing 400-600 dmg. Im starting to think at lvl 75 not much difference at all between bison steak and yellow curry. Maybe that str song will make a dfference between the two. Unfortunately I never fought Fafnir before this food "nerf" so I have no data to compare this to.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ok for those that care:

Parsed marble steak (bison steak hq), with same pt 2 differnt parsings (for 2nd parsing I went back to jueno and traded in merit point for +2 critical attk and as you'll see it made difference).

Marble steak+ Herculean Str Etitude + Minute (bard was also using some +1 instrument that he just got) 6.6k exp sample size

Racc 92.93
    Ranged Avg Dmg: 162.04 (high 249/ low 92)
    WS Avg Dmg: 1055
    Critical Hit percent: 5.14%

Marble steak + double minute (have +2 merit critical attack this time) 7k exp

Racc 94.95
    Ranged Avg Dmg: 163.73 (high 254/low 85)
    WS Avg Dmg: 1023.13
    Critical hit percent 7.76%

With is with obow, darksteel bolts vs weapons in sky. Used acid bolts on first hit. Ran out of acid bolts in second pt about 3/4 way through. Also no bard for the final 8 fights on last party which probalby lowered the avg dmg a little.

Bottom line, despite peoples theories on Bison Steak increasing ranged attack cap the most...Im thinking yellow curry + double minute is probalby best between the curry and bison steak. Of course this is with markmanship, maybe it would effect bow more. I'm gonna try and buy the next ebow that pops up on Asura's AH and try ebow + Kabura Arrow vs. obow + Darksteel bolts.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

thank you soo much kimball... please post more!^^

Minuet does effect RNG attacks. I was leveling my RNG today in garlaige citadel with a BRD pl. Normlay attacks wee 75 ~ damage, but i droped for minuet 3/4 a couple times and my damage went from 75 > 115~

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

OK, on behalf of all of the cooks on Bahamut, I request that people go and farm some buffalo meat. I tried to farm some, but I had terrible drop rates. But this is to be expected, because the game hates me.

It is nice to actually cook things other than kabobs, I actually feel like getting to 100 in cooking now. :D